Carthage at Gilmer

HearEmaGrowlin

Carthage vs Gilmer  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2018 at 12:30 AM

2 best games in this series recently were 2008 and 2011.  2008 in my opinion was the state championship game.  Whoever won that was going to win state.  And Dwight Smith  was the best high school RB I've ever seen (even better in HS than Ingram).  2011 was bittersweet.  Game was for the district crown.  Gilmer won on last second field goal, but lost Luke Turner for rest of season (which probably cost them the state championship long term).

2014 was the weirdest game I've ever seen.  At the end of the first quarter it was 28-0 Gilmer and they had run exactly one offensive play.

1 minute ago, CasualObserver70 said:

2 best games in this series recently were 2008 and 2011.  2008 in my opinion was the state championship game.  Whoever won that was going to win state.  And Dwight Smith  was the best high school RB I've ever seen (even better in HS than Ingram).  2011 was bittersweet.  Game was for the district crown.  Gilmer won on last second field goal, but lost Luke Turner for rest of season (which probably cost them the state championship long term).

2014 was the weirdest game I've ever seen.  At the end of the first quarter it was 28-0 Gilmer and they had run exactly one offensive play.

Yeah.... I was Just about over that nightmare at Lobo... Thanks!🤬

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

I’m surprised the Gilmer fans have not commented on that 2014 game already.  That was the most lopsided game in the series.  Gilmer hit Carthage in the mouth with a left-right-left-right and it was 28-0 in the blink of an eye.  Seriously one offensive play and 28 points!  Just wow! 

45 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I’m surprised the Gilmer fans have not commented on that 2014 game already.  That was the most lopsided game in the series.  Gilmer hit Carthage in the mouth with a left-right-left-right and it was 28-0 in the blink of an eye.  Seriously one offensive play and 28 points!  Just wow! 

Could go like that, but in Carthage's favor this year.  Bucks keep going down 0-14 at the start of games this year, in the blink of an eye.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

He might “Carthagized” instead of Vandalized....🤣

As much as I would like to say it will be a good game I think this game will be over in the first quarter. Carthage wont know what hit them I see 2014 game all over again. 21 nothing all gilmer first quarter. Naw I am just kidding you it wont be near the game they have been in the past, look at last years score Carthage will dominate this game and I just hope we can keep it respectable. Hope it doesnt rain and nobody gets hurt but i even voted that Carthage wins easily. looks like yall may go far this year.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, oldbuckeye#62 said:

As much as I would like to say it will be a good game I think this game will be over in the first quarter. Carthage wont know what hit them I see 2014 game all over again. 21 nothing all gilmer first quarter. Naw I am just kidding you it wont be near the game they have been in the past, look at last years score Carthage will dominate this game and I just hope we can keep it respectable. Hope it doesnt rain and nobody gets hurt but i even voted that Carthage wins easily. looks like yall may go far this year.

Looks like 65% chance of rain at 6:00pm Fri in Gilmer, then 50% chance 7:00-10:00pm.  Slick ball equals high probability of TO’s.  Ball security and controlling the LOS will be key.  Could be a much lower scoring game than previously predicted if the vertical passing game for both teams is diminished by the rain.