Carthage at Gilmer

HearEmaGrowlin

Carthage vs Gilmer  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2018 at 12:30 AM

7 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Tough times in Gilmer when the local paper is grilling Turner like the mainstream media does Trump.  “Coach Turner are you concerned your team will fold after the devastating loss to Carthage?”  What the heck?

I’ve said it many times, I’ve never met Coach Turner, but he seems like a great, Christian man. Unfortunately, I just don’t think he was the right choice as a head coach. Too relaxed and easy going. That’s ok if he was still just a coach there, but his position requires someone more intense and can light a fire. Gilmer still has the athletes, but I agree. The last couple of years is about Coaching. I’m afraid if a change isn’t made, these young athletes coming up won’t live up to their potential.

• Like 1

Hate to say it we have some really good players but this year is showing that we really need to clean house and start over with our coaching. Yes i expected to lose to carthage but we did not lose we were donkey stomped and had no answer to slow them down. No adjustments were made we looked like the nerdy kid who got in a fight hunker down and look scared. We have been seeing this for  a while and some will defend what we have but it is time to make changes. Not saying anything bad about our coaches but it aint working any more. We have got to have a defense change if we want to pose a threat to anybody. Wake up coaches if we can hold them any at all we dont have to rely so much on our offense. Man its as plain as day. good luck with the rest of the schedule because we are going to need it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I will say their Soph QB Hurt has a lot of potential.  He has a terrific arm and good size.  If Gilmer can develop an O line to block for him the next couple of years their offense will get back to the Gilmer we are used too.

I was told we have 9 OL Return next year. I dont know if that's good or bad lol

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

The defense has been struggling more than usual the last couple of years, so no news there, but when your DL is totally demolished, it’s hard to stop anyone, especially a freight train like Carthage. The OL got the same treatment, so the offense just couldn’t get anything going. The KO return and blocked punt from the 3 didn’t help either. Bucks were just simply outmatched in this one. I do however think that playing Carthage and Newton regardless of getting blown out, will help Gilmer in district. 

What do u think will happen to a DL that only rushes 3 with 5 lineman. th ones that Carthage has ain’t no way it’s gonna happen this scheme is making kids that are good look bad 

• Like 1

It’s obvious we need a QB that’s not afraid of his own shadow for this offense to work I mean McClain wasn’t a runner but did it when he had to but never had to our two QBs just are so afraid to pull the ball down and go. Also I don’t know why we just throw the ball to whoever the ball is suppose to go to instead of whose open but hey it is what it is lol 

16 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

It’s obvious we need a QB that’s not afraid of his own shadow for this offense to work I mean McClain wasn’t a runner but did it when he had to but never had to our two QBs just are so afraid to pull the ball down and go. Also I don’t know why we just throw the ball to whoever the ball is suppose to go to instead of whose open but hey it is what it is lol 

Your freshman QB that started on JV ain’t afraid to throw it or run it.  And he is good at both.  He went through progressions nicely and made some big time throws Thurs night.  If he continues to progress he will push Hurt for the starting nod next year.  It’s not all bad.

• Like 1

The issues at Gilmer are internal ones, & can only be solved internally... As I said Far back upthread, I would much sit & watch my team win in a really tight, fight to the whistle type of game than to watch someone endure a humiliating skull drag defeat. The Buckeyes will overcome this loss somehow and once again give everybody fits. But it is for the Gilmer community to sort out for themselves. This game is in the books now, & I am looking ahead to the rest of the season, which seems to be once again filled with high expection for my Dawgs! Peace Out, Bucs!👌

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gilmer will have to make coaching changes, to ever be great again, and that will take time, we have talented and awesome kids, with lots of heart, but we don't have the coaches to get the best out of them!  A piece of advice, to the Carthage school board, when a Div 1 Coach comes to look at one of your kids, make him sign a document when he comes on campus, he will not hire your coach!

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, GTownballer said:

Gilmer will have to make coaching changes, to ever be great again, and that will take time, we have talented and awesome kids, with lots of heart, but we don't have the coaches to get the best out of them!  A piece of advice, to the Carthage school board, when a Div 1 Coach comes to look at one of your kids, make him sign a document when he comes on campus, he will not hire your coach!

The Coach can always say no. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Mason Isnt afraid to run the ball; watched him do it all year last year and in Jr High. 

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

The issues at Gilmer are internal ones, & can only be solved internally... As I said Far back upthread, I would much sit & watch my team win in a really tight, fight to the whistle type of game than to watch someone endure a humiliating skull drag defeat. The Buckeyes will overcome this loss somehow and once again give everybody fits. But it is for the Gilmer community to sort out for themselves. This game is in the books now, & I am looking ahead to the rest of the season, which seems to be once again filled with high expection for my Dawgs! Peace Out, Bucs!👌

Well said..Good Luck again to Yall..Win it all

Internal struggles are taking a toll on the team, not good. Discipline and accountability need to be part of the daily grind.  These Sr's & Jr's played exceptionally well at JV ranks, have some talent, not sure where it went. Traylor vs Turner coaching styles are night and day, however we don't hear all the cussing from the sidelines, and appears the booster club doesn't have as many families " helping out" players in need. Tough time for the Army of Buckeyes, as many are not showing up to support these kids. Look for it to be ugly Friday night with Newton.

7 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

The defense has been struggling more than usual the last couple of years, so no news there, but when your DL is totally demolished, it’s hard to stop anyone, especially a freight train like Carthage. The OL got the same treatment, so the offense just couldn’t get anything going. The KO return and blocked punt from the 3 didn’t help either. Bucks were just simply outmatched in this one. I do however think that playing Carthage and Newton regardless of getting blown out, will help Gilmer in district. 

Well you can count on them making the playoffs won’t be hard to do since they take four teams. 

Depends on what great means to you. Did we win a lot of games, yes. Did a.lot of junk come with that, yes. Did a lot of players get scholarships, yes, but a lot also couldn't handle the academics,.not sure that is winning. Did we spend TONS of $$$ to win, yes. Not sure we can REALLY afford all those coaches, all those salaries, AND the Sup's as well....???? 

2 hours ago, justluvfb said:

Depends on what great means to you. Did we win a lot of games, yes. Did a.lot of junk come with that, yes. Did a lot of players get scholarships, yes, but a lot also couldn't handle the academics,.not sure that is winning. Did we spend TONS of $$$ to win, yes. Not sure we can REALLY afford all those coaches, all those salaries, AND the Sup's as well....???? 

Depends on what’s important to y’all 

It’s is amazing how fast our good neighbors to the north are hitting the panic button. You have a great group of coaches that a lot of schools would love to have!  Just maybe the talent pool is not quite as stocked as in the past. One thing for sure- the move in D-1 talent has kept the program going for years! Without those you probably would be about where you are now!  

• Like 2

Gilmer, Traylor is gone.  Don't blame SMU for hiring him or him for making the move.  All good things must come to an end.  Maybe you should have replaced Traylor with someone from outside of Traylor's system.  While you were still winning after Traylor left, everything was fine.  Flip the script, start losing, and you can't take it and start casting blame in all directions.  Take your medicine like a man and quit your crying.

17 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Gilmer, Traylor is gone.  Don't blame SMU for hiring him or him for making the move.  All good things must come to an end.  Maybe you should have replaced Traylor with someone from outside of Traylor's system.  While you were still winning after Traylor left, everything was fine.  Flip the script, start losing, and you can't take it and start casting blame in all directions.  Take your medicine like a man and quit your crying.

UT hired him away not SMU. He went their after..