Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Lindale  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Lindale in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Lindale in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Most of the district is off this week except for MP...... and since I'll be in Cozumel next week until late Thursday night.....hear you go!

I'll get all the historical and statistical stuff posted on my page tonight or tomorrow sometime.

But wanted to get things started.

----------------------

I've got a tremendous amount of respect for Lindale and their program.  Seeing them push  Ennis, Lufkin, and JT to the brink in their former district commands respect.  And I cannot forget how hard they made Marshall work in that 2015 playoff game.  On paper....it should have been a Mav blowout.... but the Eagles almost took that one.

I know they narrowly lost to Ennis and Lufkin in a couple of games.  And hung with some good JT teams in those seasons too.

I expect nothing but much of the same in this game.  I figure Lindale will come out swinging and looking to defend their home turf.

Couple of losses to a very good Kaufman team (2-0) and Van (2-1).... so the Eagles are Tested.

Mavs have a blowout loss to #6 6A Longview (3-0) and a hard fought 35-32 loss to #1 4A D-1 Carthage (3-0).

Ready for a great game when I get back!

GO MAVS!

This is the first regular season meeting between the two schools in program history.   

They have only played football Vs one another once.... in 2015. 

Pretty rare for us to play a team from East Texas with whom we have little to no history against. 

12 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Most of the district is off this week except for MP...... and since I'll be in Cozumel next week until late Thursday night.....hear you go!

I'll get all the historical and statistical stuff posted on my page tonight or tomorrow sometime.

But wanted to get things started.

----------------------

I've got a tremendous amount of respect for Lindale and their program.  Seeing them push  Ennis, Lufkin, and JT to the brink in their former district commands respect.  And I cannot forget how hard they made Marshall work in that 2015 playoff game.  On paper....it should have been a Mav blowout.... but the Eagles almost took that one.

I know they narrowly lost to Ennis and Lufkin in a couple of games.  And hung with some good JT teams in those seasons too.

I expect nothing but much of the same in this game.  I figure Lindale will come out swinging and looking to defend their home turf.

Couple of losses to a very good Kaufman team (2-0) and Van (2-1).... so the Eagles are Tested.

Mavs have a blowout loss to #6 6A Longview (3-0) and a hard fought 35-33 loss to #1 4A D-1 Carthage (3-0).

Ready for a great game when I get back!

GO MAVS!

35-32......

This is another one of those games like the Van game that I hope Lindale wins but I don’t expect it. That being said they did play much better against Van than I thought they would so hopefully they surprise me again. The offense looks really good, running and passing. It’s the best passing I’ve seen Lindale have in a while. That said the defense needs work. They played well the first quarter of the Van game but seemed to start to slack off as the game went. 

Mavs need to open up playbook this game and work on getting ball in playmakers hands more. Maybe more wr screens and bubbles to force dbs to move up some. I think the only way this game is close in the 4th is if we turn the ball over several times. 

6 hours ago, mav01 said:

Mavs need to open up playbook this game and work on getting ball in playmakers hands more. Maybe more wr screens and bubbles to force dbs to move up some. I think the only way this game is close in the 4th is if we turn the ball over several times. 

That’s a possibility with rain in the forecast, but I think JJ & Co. will take this one to the house.

On 9/18/2018 at 7:29 PM, Mavchamp said:

This is the first regular season meeting between the two schools in program history.   

They have only played football Vs one another once.... in 2015. 

Pretty rare for us to play a team from East Texas with whom we have little to no history against. 

I am guessing this fact has more to do with the size of the schools. Marshall being in 5a(now 6a) for so long, while Lindale has worked their way up from 2a. I guess they have finally met in the middle.