1. 1. Team LEAST likely to win

• Texas A&M
    • Oklahoma
    • Texas
    • LSU
    • Baylor
    • North Texas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2018 at 05:01 AM

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Why are people worried about rankings anyway?

Outside of the top like 4 it doesn't matter. I guess you could expand that to 6 or 8 cause that means teams are in playoff contention. Other than that, rankings mean little. 

rankings mean everything until they dont!  I mean, it is the Thing to talk about until Texas or TAMU gets in bowl trouble :lol: 

8 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Being one of the top 25 talented teams in the country and being one of the top 25 teams are 2 different things.  I don't like the AP poll.  Their poll is emotional.  LSU has a big win vs Miami... OOHHHHHH lets jump them up to #11.  Turns out Miami is ok, but not great.  LSU beats Auburn OOHHHHHHHHHHHH  top 5!  Top 5!  Top 5!  THEY ARE THE ONLY SEC TEAM THAT CAN BEAT BAMA!!!  

Now, if we rank teams based on season accomplishments, then hell, put LSU #1...  If we rank teams based on just talent, then keep Bama 1, Ohio St 2... hell, lets just take the average recruiting rankings from the past 4 years and put them there...  

But rankings should be rewarding...  preseason polls... sure rank them where you think they should be...  but after you get a body of work, they should evolve.  A&M has 0 big wins and 1 good loss.  I am sorry Aggie fans, I am not rewarding anyone for a good loss... Ed O had a good loss to Bama last year and I wanted to fire him!  Get with the program!

I’m not basing A&M should be ranked over a close loss. I watch tons of football. Even record games to watch them during the week. I actually watch teams, not just say well so and so beat so and so therefore they deserve to be ranked this.... I believe that the top 25 teams should be the 25 best teams. You can watch a team lose a close game to a top 5 team and tell they are a very good team. You can also tell when a team wins a game it sometimes is just a case of two bad teams who someone has to win. Just looking at the box scores don’t tell those stories you have to use your eyeballs and football knowledge to be able to do that. 

I get what you’re saying about teams not getting rewarded for losses, but I still believe the top 25 should be the best teams. And sometimes, a top 25 team loses to another. Should we punish teams for actually playing quality teams?

I view this the same as I viewed a Bama/LSU national title a while back. If the definition is the two best teams, then the two best teams should play regardless if they already played. If the definition is top 25 teams, it should be the top 25 teams regardless if one is 3-2 with losses to the top 2 teams. The rankings need to be based on what our brains see not a predetermined “team X was ranked preseason when nothing matters and Team y beat them so they are now ranked.” 

39 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’m not basing A&M should be ranked over a close loss. I watch tons of football. Even record games to watch them during the week. I actually watch teams, not just say well so and so beat so and so therefore they deserve to be ranked this.... I believe that the top 25 teams should be the 25 best teams. You can watch a team lose a close game to a top 5 team and tell they are a very good team. You can also tell when a team wins a game it sometimes is just a case of two bad teams who someone has to win. Just looking at the box scores don’t tell those stories you have to use your eyeballs and football knowledge to be able to do that. 

I get what you’re saying about teams not getting rewarded for losses, but I still believe the top 25 should be the best teams. And sometimes, a top 25 team loses to another. Should we punish teams for actually playing quality teams?

I view this the same as I viewed a Bama/LSU national title a while back. If the definition is the two best teams, then the two best teams should play regardless if they already played. If the definition is top 25 teams, it should be the top 25 teams regardless if one is 3-2 with losses to the top 2 teams. The rankings need to be based on what our brains see not a predetermined “team X was ranked preseason when nothing matters and Team y beat them so they are now ranked.” 

You are an advocate for the College FB Committee poll then.  It exists...  What I am saying is that these other polls need to distinguish themselves and reward deserving teams.  I am sorry, there are years that Ohio St was the best team in college football but didn't quite make it happen... Should we give them the #1 ranking anyway?

7 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

You are an advocate for the College FB Committee poll then.  It exists...  What I am saying is that these other polls need to distinguish themselves and reward deserving teams.  I am sorry, there are years that Ohio St was the best team in college football but didn't quite make it happen... Should we give them the #1 ranking anyway?

I am an advocate for the poll. I believe that it should have weight along with a system similar to the BCS. I’m not sure on the exact percentages each one has if it were my choice but it would be a little of both. 

That being said, you’re arguing something different all together. The difference in opinion over who’s number one is a legit debate. The difference on who’s better between a 3-2 A&M with close losses to (hopefully) Bama and clemson or a 5-0 UNt who’s best win might be a terrible Arky team is not. Anyone using their brain and watching the games will tell you A&M is a better team just with a tougher schedule. We NEED that in the college game. If we just go by records, why would anyone schedule a decent team? 

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

It would change this weeks game from being PPV right?

I think you are confused about what I’m complaining about. 

I’m not complaining about the game being a PPV. I’m complaining that FOX always puts the Oklahoma home games in the 11:00 AM slot because no other big 12 team can get ratings in that spot. 

A conference network wouldn’t fix that problem.

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I think you are confused about what I’m complaining about. 

I’m not complaining about the game being a PPV. I’m complaining that FOX always puts the Oklahoma home games in the 11:00 AM slot because no other big 12 team can get ratings in that spot. 

A conference network wouldn’t fix that problem.

10-4

• Stinks 1

4 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Glad to see you finally came around and started including BAMA in your preview. I’m sure I can look forward to it every week. 

I'll add them in just for you...  Don't expect anything shocking in the previews lol

On 9/18/2018 at 9:04 AM, MavGrad99 said:

TEAMS WE WATCH

Kansas at Baylor  2:30  FS1

There was a time that this game would be considered the toilet bowl.  But Kansas and Baylor are both 2-1!  Kansas has 2 Power 5 wins!  Rhule Ball is working so well that @Waggle is well... he still hates it...  Anyways... Baylor by 7.

Maybe losing to Kansas will get the yankee fired - it did the trick for UT. I want Littrell!  

• LOL! 1

48 minutes ago, Waggle said:

Unacceptable! I am going to launch a full investigation! 

Who needs an investigation? Just say a buncha stuff happened. Nobody needs proof anymore. We're all just making stuff up now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

32 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

The answer to that question is usually "no".

the better question is "are they good enough to survive their schedule."  And that answer could very well be "yes" which would likely land them in the CFB Playoff