Kilgore @ Texas High

thstiger1997

1 minute ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Was it one year y'all went 0-3 and y'all end up beating Carthage and won State??

1 minute ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Was it one year y'all went 0-3 and y'all end up beating Carthage and won State??

Carthage won state and yes we beat them that year...I think we were 1-3 

11 hours ago, Slimbodine said:

LOL!  Hey,  you guys got what you want so enjoy the games.  But hey,  the kids have "Heart" and the big,  bad Norton is gone.  And I'm sure it won't be long before these same posters will be calling for the coach's tail.  This is playing out perfect to form.  What did Einstein say about doing the same thing over and over again.  Guess he never visited Texarkana.  Oh,  and where is that other village idiot,  DogonSirius or something like that.  So here comes the sub 500 years.  Cheers!

Thats a nice speech but many of us called this 2 years before anybody knew Norton was leaving. He knew the talent drop off was coming  (as did observant fans)  so if some want to beat his drum & say he is the missing link go ahead.   I have absolutely no problem with the new coach. Kids seem to like him and he seems to be a good guy.  Much to your disappointment nobody is ready to run the new guy out of town. Everybody thanks Barry for reviving Texas High football.   But sometimes it is just time for a change...………….  But tell Barry we said hi and WOO PIG SOOIIIIEE

I ain't gone no where!  I'm still glad Norton is gone and I fully support the new coach.  Einstein?  I AM HE AND HE IS ME!   This too shall pass.  Just be glad that all of you creampuffs are in your own little world.  THS, as bad as things seem to be would still beat the socks off of all of you milk duds.

9 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

I ain't gone no where!  I'm still glad Norton is gone and I fully support the new coach.  Einstein?  I AM HE AND HE IS ME!   This too shall pass.  Just be glad that all of you creampuffs are in your own little world.  THS, as bad as things seem to be would still beat the socks off of all of you milk duds.

Huh???

19 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Thats a nice speech but many of us called this 2 years before anybody knew Norton was leaving. He knew the talent drop off was coming  (as did observant fans)  so if some want to beat his drum & say he is the missing link go ahead.   I have absolutely no problem with the new coach. Kids seem to like him and he seems to be a good guy.  Much to your disappointment nobody is ready to run the new guy out of town. Everybody thanks Barry for reviving Texas High football.   But sometimes it is just time for a change...………….  But tell Barry we said hi and WOO PIG SOOIIIIEE

Nobody said he was not a good guy,  maybe the greatest guy in the world and the kids love him to death.  But can he coach and build on what Coach Norton built there?  Some of you may not realize it but your already posting comments questioning him.  Like "Why are we in a man to man,"  "We are not even competitive" etc.  etc.  If THS never wins another game it won't change my life one bit.  I'm perfectly happy where I am and doing what I do.  However,  I will always have a soft spot in my heart for THS and the good times I had while going to school there.  THS will never be a statewide power.  There is really no influx of people moving there to bring in new students and talent to the school.  There are too many high schools for a town the size of Texarkana and the talent is watered down.  I felt Coach Norton built that program about as far as it can go in Texas High School football but they still won a lot of games and a state championship was incredible to say the least.  Would really be shocked if that happens again.  And he wanted to be there.  So far this new coach is a dud.  If the talent dropped off then not much we can do about that and you folks will have to live with that.  However,  I know the people of Texarkana very well and some of the posts I read here tells me they have not changed much over the years.  If this continues to happen this year and into next this coach will be gone.  I can assure you that,  but the sad part is they have to start all over again.  And sometimes making a change just to make a change is a formula for disaster.  Look how long Watty coached there and there was never talk of pushing him out.  And he wanted to be there.  Maybe Coach Norton wanted to move to AHS for financial security and would not have stayed at THS.  But I know a lot of people there and my sources said it could have been worked out.  And contrary to what posters say here,  there was a lot of support to keep Norton at THS and a lot of people feel as I do.  Lets hope this guy gets his team together quickly and they are at least competitive or the support for him will vanish overnight.  And by the way,  there is a TON of football talent in Texarkana.