Week 5: White Oak @ Tatum

Tatum_DirtyBird

White Oak @ Tatum  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

10 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

Answer the question. Simple answer will do. Btw, mission accomplished each & every time I get one y'alls time. Lmao!

I believe I did.  But let me spell it out slower for you.

J H   ROWE  in JASPER   won    a      STATE      CHAMPIONSHIP      before   schools   were       integrated   IN    1967.      Mayflower  in TATUM DISTRICT  won   a   STATE    CHAMPIONSHIP     i n   1968 before schools were integrated.

Image result for number 3 fingers>Image result for number 1 finger

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

8 minutes ago, LilEagle said:

In 1967 we actually went as far as we could which I believe was Regional Champs.  That was as far as Class B schools could go during that time.

I didn’t see that one. Looks like Tatum has 10 and WO 11. That’s really why we have so many regional titles and not alot of QF on up wins is we couldn’t go any further. Went 24-0 in two years couldn’t go any further than regionals which was 12 games those 2 years. 

8 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

A Longview recruit lol

Lol, not entirely...  While he did grow up a Lobo, they moved to the Tatum area when he was in high school. Mama also worked at the school house: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Centers

Centers was born in Tyler, Texas and grew up in nearby Longview. He began playing little league football for the Bramlette Bears as a running back and quarterback during his elementary school years and went on to play in middle school for the Forest Park Eagles and high school for the Longview Lobos until his junior year. He played on both sides of the ball as a defensive back, running back, and wide receiver.

Centers did not play football at all his junior year of high school. After his family moved to nearby Tatum, where his mother was an educator, Centers decided to play football again after being urged to do so by his older brother. After a solid season in Tatum, he earned a scholarship to nearby Stephen F. Austin State University. He was also recruited by Baylor, Texas Tech, and several junior colleges. His brother, Donnie, played for the University of Arkansas and coach Lou Holtz as a wide receiver.