Week Five: Longview at Rockwall

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (4-0) vs Rockwall Yellowjackets (2-1)  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Rockwall in a close one
    • Rockwall in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2018 at 12:30 AM

37 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Longview for sure has edge in talent over Rockwall.

Think so? I know Rockwall had a bunch of D1 signees last year that graduated. They have one of the better QB's in the State and they definitely have the highest rated defensive player.  Still think Lobos win, but doubt the talent level will be much different. 

39 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Think so? I know Rockwall had a bunch of D1 signees last year that graduated. They have one of the better QB's in the State and they definitely have the highest rated defensive player.  Still think Lobos win, but doubt the talent level will be much different. 

That’s one of my points.... Longview is not more talented.... better team play.

Longview is a tough hard nosed team!

Never quits

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

Think so? I know Rockwall had a bunch of D1 signees last year that graduated.

D1 #'s are not always an accurate barometer to use when determining who has more talent, especially when talking about Longview. Goram-Welch is the lone player on Longview's defense with a D1 offer. While good, he isn't the best player on LVs defense. Marcus Williams is the only olineman we have with D1 offers. While good, he's not LVs best offensive linemen. I haven't seen a WR all year on the level of Kamden Perry and only FCS schools have offered him so far... and if you give Keilyn Williams 5'11 180 instead of 5'5 145, you don't think he'd have offers?

Some players are just blessed with size, others not so much but are just as talented if not more. Rockwall sent all of those defensive players D1 last year but their defense was not more talented than Longview's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK here's what I got. 

Haynes King - 
5 passing TDs in a single game tied a school record
359 passing yards is a new school record
Only the 2nd Lobo to ever have two 10 or more touchdown passes in a season.

Kamden Perry -
3 receiving TDs in a single game tied a school record
185 receiving yards is a new school record
Only the 8th Lobo to record 10 or more receiving touchdowns in a career.

Team -
667 total yards is 2nd most in a Lobo uniform. Hallsville game in 2015 remains the most with 682.
379 passing yards is a new school record.
It's going to take a minute for me to confirm, but an 85% pass completion rate when throwing 20 passes or more is almost assuredly a school record. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

D1 #'s are not always an accurate barometer to use when determining who has more talent, especially when talking about Longview. Goram-Welch is the lone player on Longview's defense with a D1 offer. While good, he isn't the best player on LVs defense. Marcus Williams is the only olineman we have with D1 offers. While good, he's not LVs best offensive linemen. I haven't seen a WR all year on the level of Kamden Perry and only FCS schools have offered him so far... and if you give Keilyn Williams 5'11 180 instead of 5'5 145, you don't think he'd have offers?

Some players are just blessed with size, others not so much but are just as talented if not more. Rockwall sent all of those defensive players D1 last year but their defense was not more talented than Longview's.

If my aunt had ballz she would be my Uncle. We have a different definition of Talent, I guess. I guess kids that aren't good enough to play College ball are more talented than kids that are good enough to play College football. I said Longview has a better football team. Webb hasn't beat Longview since he was at Horn. If you haven't seen a wr like yours, you will this week. 

20 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

If you haven't seen a wr like yours, you will this week. 

Not telling me anything I don't already know...

13 hours ago, ANTI said:

Okay before we get this game started...

Folks are gonna need to realize that Rockwall will move the ball and get their points because they are potent offensively. Jaxon Smith will probably be the best WR we'll see all year. So I don't wanna see any TFF meltdowns.

The reason Longview will win this by 10 however is Rockwall's defense is pretty bad. Much worse than Longview's for anyone who has been paying attention.

Haynes, Kamden, Jessie, Keilyn and the crew roll in this one.

46 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

I guess kids that aren't good enough to play College ball are more talented than kids that are good enough to play College football.

Did you read anything that I said?

I'll put it to you like this... Marshall has more players on their roster currently with more D1 offers than both Rockwall and Longview.

So according to you, Marshall is more talented than both.

Image result for smh gif

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Did you read anything that I said?

I'll put it to you like this... Marshall has more players on their roster currently with more D1 offers than both Rockwall and Longview.

So according to you, Marshall is more talented than both.

Image result for smh gif

And we saw how that Marshall game went 🤭

All signs lead to barn burner in this one. Story of our defense has really been this bend but don’t break trend we seem to be in. I think that’ll be the difference here. A couple of stops here and there should be good enough to get a win in this one. The high snaps in week 4 should not be happening. That’s what was and has been my biggest issue all season about us. In the playoffs and even district teams like Rockwall will capitalize on those silly mistakes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2018 at 9:06 AM, ANTI said:

This is the really the only thing I'm really unpleased with. Cox had a stellar sophomore year at the C position..  evidently did nothing over the summer because he did not get better from last year snapping the ball. I mean, how do you over snap 6'3 so often? I understand a shorter QB but 6'3?

I'd give him one more game to prove himself. If it's not looking pretty, stick someone else in there and move him over to guard next year or something since he can actually block well at least. We have others who can snap a ball.

Just need to get it fixed.

Okay!! I totally agree!!

On 9/22/2018 at 12:04 PM, LoboFan07 said:

OK here's what I got. 

Haynes King - 
5 passing TDs in a single game tied a school record
359 passing yards is a new school record
Only the 2nd Lobo to ever have two 10 or more touchdown passes in a season.

Kamden Perry -
3 receiving TDs in a single game tied a school record
185 receiving yards is a new school record
Only the 8th Lobo to record 10 or more receiving touchdowns in a career.

Team -
667 total yards is 2nd most in a Lobo uniform. Hallsville game in 2015 remains the most with 682.
379 passing yards is a new school record.
It's going to take a minute for me to confirm, but an 85% pass completion rate when throwing 20 passes or more is almost assuredly a school record. 

I am new to this site and enjoy it tremendously.  Rarely get to a game but never miss listening to them.

Long time Lobos fan.

Was wondering if anyone could tell me if HK has been sacked this season.

Because of a bad snap, maybe but don't recall any.

I think the defense can come around.

Just gotta do what my coach in high school used to tell us (1976)

" alright men, time to get brutal"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loborebel said:

I am new to this site and enjoy it tremendously.  Rarely get to a game but never miss listening to them.

Long time Lobos fan.

Was wondering if anyone could tell me if HK has been sacked this season.

Because of a bad snap, maybe but don't recall any.

I think the defense can come around.

Just gotta do what my coach in high school used to tell us (1976)

" alright men, time to get brutal"

Welcome aboard!

I’m struggling to remember one but I didn’t get to listen to the Ruston game outside of one drive and haven’t had time to sit down and do highlights yet.

As you said, there might have been one because of a poor/high snap, but I’m struggling to remember a specific one.