Newton vs Gilmer

Eagles97

Just now, regaleagle said:

Any way you look at it......no quality team that is ranked in Class 4A will give up that many points to any team......even a Carthage.....and especially at home in a rivalry type game.  Nope......it's quite apparent that the Glimmer is not up to standards this season.  It happens.......their schedule is not that overbearing.......they just have not performed as in years past so far.  Cuero is having trouble too, but their best player at RB is out maybe for the entire season.......a D1 recruit at RB........so they have an excuse.  Maybe by the time the playoffs get here Glimmer will be a much better team overall......or beat up with key injuries.

Gilmer won’t be ranked come Mon.  The reality is 4A D2 is not as solid as they have been in years past.  4A D1 is solid across the board.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Any way you look at it......no quality team that is ranked in Class 4A will give up that many points to any team......even a Carthage.....and especially at home in a rivalry type game.  Nope......it's quite apparent that the Glimmer is not up to standards this season.  It happens.......their schedule is not that overbearing.......they just have not performed as in years past so far.  Cuero is having trouble too, but their best player at RB is out maybe for the entire season.......a D1 recruit at RB........so they have an excuse.  Maybe by the time the playoffs get here Glimmer will be a much better team overall......or beat up with key injuries.

Gilmer is sorely missing their best RB/DB in Webb #7.  He would have made but a little difference last night.  Carthage is really good and Gilmer is just bad in all phases of the game right now.  Also, something I haven't seen anyone else mention is, Gilmer is NOT running the QB, AT ALL, this year.  Our QB ran the ball exactly 1 time last night, and that was on a busted play.  Hurt #6 can run.  Years past, we could reliably count on the QB picking up good rushing yards on every series of downs.  This year, it's 3-and-out, over and over and over again, with no QB threat to run.  Defenses are feasting on the somewhat bland Gilmer offense this year.

5 minutes ago, MoveTheChain said:

Gilmer is sorely missing their best RB/DB in Webb #7.  He would have made but a little difference last night.  Carthage is really good and Gilmer is just bad in all phases of the game right now.  Also, something I haven't seen anyone else mention is, Gilmer is NOT running the QB, AT ALL, this year.  Our QB ran the ball exactly 1 time last night, and that was on a busted play.  Hurt #6 can run.  Years past, we could reliably count on the QB picking up good rushing yards on every series of downs.  This year, it's 3-and-out, over and over and over again, with no QB threat to run.  Defenses are feasting on the somewhat bland Gilmer offense this year.

What happened to the Senior QB? Is he injured. With the way the Defense is playing, it would seem to make sense to go with the Senior.

2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Gilmer had a small crowd at home last night...……...I don't see too many Gilmer fans making the trip to Newton

Oh really? Wow regardless of record I have been so used to seeing the army of buckeyes come to support their young men. Think had this game been a week or two ago there would be more fans there?

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

What happened to the Senior QB? Is he injured. With the way the Defense is playing, it would seem to make sense to go with the Senior.

I think he had back spasms before the game a couple weeks ago, but haven't hear anything otherwise.  From Gilmer fans perspective, the Soph. is more mobile and maybe more accurate passer, but he was throwing behind and over our receivers last night, probably due to being rushed by the Dogs.

• Like 1

I'll be heading to Newton to support the Bux. I'm there every week rain or shine don't care. We are not the same caliber team this year, but we will show up. Just need to learn from our mistakes and make adjustments. Carthage was just out of our league this year no doubt. Good team that should go far. Still looking forward to playing Newton. I just hope everyone shows up to play. 2 back to back losses can play a big mental game in your head for sure. Just have to move forward with this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JACKETLIFE said:

Run QB Run🏃🏼‍♂️💨💨

For sure! For those who have never played against or seen the Purple Beast play,  they don't know that Newton brings the house every defensive play. It works because they have the secondary that is skilled and fast enough to handle man to man.

• Like 1

It's a young season, but so far Gilmer has given teams their average game or better.  Newton's average game is 49-7 so this very well could get ugly.

Atlanta averages 21 ppg; Gilmer gave up 41 to them.

Van averages 35 ppg; Gilmer gave up 41 to them.

Paris averages 25.5 ppg; Gilmer gave up 27 to them.

Carthage averages 46 ppg; Gilmer gave up 66 to them.

Newton averages 49.3 ppg......

Newton is also holding teams that average 23 ppg to just 7.

I'm gonna say Newton 49-63 to Gilmer 0-14.  My prediction is 63-14

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pax said:

It's a young season, but so far Gilmer has given teams their average game or better.  Newton's average game is 49-7 so this very well could get ugly.

Atlanta averages 21 ppg; Gilmer gave up 41 to them.

Van averages 35 ppg; Gilmer gave up 41 to them.

Paris averages 25.5 ppg; Gilmer gave up 27 to them.

Carthage averages 46 ppg; Gilmer gave up 66 to them.

Newton averages 49.3 ppg......

Newton is also holding teams that average 23 ppg to just 7.

I'm gonna say Newton 49-63 to Gilmer 0-14.  My prediction is 63-14

Long ride for Gilmer..