Newton vs Gilmer

Eagles97

Newton will probably have two big time players out for this weeks game against Gilmer. These two guys are some of the top recruits in the nation. If they're out, then i think it could be a little closer than some of the predictions. I'd say Newton by 4 scores if they're out. I am not saying who, so don't even ask. 

3 minutes ago, BiggieSmalls said:

Newton will probably have two big time players out for this weeks game against Gilmer. These two guys are some of the top recruits in the nation. If they're out, then i think it could be a little closer than some of the predictions. I'd say Newton by 4 scores if they're out. I am not saying who, so don't even ask. 

don't get gilmers hopes up

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

L-K drove into field goal territory when I think the score was 28-0...…..That was fairly early in the season(thinking the 4th game)…………L-K coach didn't try a FG -----was no need, being behind 28 points

Yes, and Gilmer got inside their 20 briefly on the first drive of the second half of their game.  The fumble inside the 10 came against Sweeny in the finals, if memory serves.

6 hours ago, BiggieSmalls said:

Gilmers best player has been out for the last couple of weeks and according to the Bux fans will be out this week as well. No excuses. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

So Gilmer missing best player and other supporting cast members.  Newton missing two best players.  If true does that equal a lower scoring more competitive game?

No one of the two hasn't played but about two snaps all season the main three will be there lol

I see this being a much better game then most think,  gilmer is gilmer so they're known to be dangerous at the right time will this be the right time? IDK, Carthage dominated gilmer because they are a different breed, I don't think newton has the size on the lines like Carthage, the pics I seen of Carthages line are massive players and that's what kept gilmer off the field.... against newton I think gilmer will put up some points, will it be enough probably not but I see this being a 14 point or less type game.... JMO take it for what its worth

1 hour ago, JETT said:

I see this being a much better game then most think,  gilmer is gilmer so they're known to be dangerous at the right time will this be the right time? IDK, Carthage dominated gilmer because they are a different breed, I don't think newton has the size on the lines like Carthage, the pics I seen of Carthages line are massive players and that's what kept gilmer off the field.... against newton I think gilmer will put up some points, will it be enough probably not but I see this being a 14 point or less type game.... JMO take it for what its worth

I followed that same logic when I predicted a close score in Carthage vs Gilmer game & frankly,  Gilmer has always been difficult to beat on any given Friday night, at least in the Traylor years. However, there seems to be a noticeable difference since his departure... more so as time goes by. 

As I stated in the Carthage/Gilmer thread, the issue is something that must be dealt with internally, & I feel certain it will be addressed soon. Gilmer can still be unpredictable if they play at full strength.

15 minutes ago, BiggieSmalls said:

56 - 14 Newton

Hate it how Gilmer program now is coming apart. Like the Old Gilmer, how tough they use to be, even with them Boyd's in past. Now if that Old Gilmer was here then it would of been either closer or Gilmer would won. Gilmer just on Vacation at moment, hope to see them back where they use to be, in few years now.

19 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Hate it how Gilmer program now is coming apart. Like the Old Gilmer, how tough they use to be, even with them Boyd's in past. Now if that Old Gilmer was here then it would of been either closer or Gilmer would won. Gilmer just on Vacation at moment, hope to see them back where they use to be, in few years now.

Good words! I honestly wish we were playing a legit Gilmer team like the past years. I would love to see that challenge with our D1 defensive backs against a great passing attack. I've only watched one Gilmer game in my life; it was in the playoffs against Jasper in 2009. Jasper had a very good team that year, but Gilmer ended up winning state (I think?). Gilmer also had a guy committed to Oklahoma state and two guys committed to Missouri if i am remembering right? 

1 minute ago, BiggieSmalls said:

Good words! I honestly wish we were playing a legit Gilmer team like the past years. I would love to see that challenge with our D1 defensive backs against a great passing attack. I've only watched one Gilmer game in my life; it was in the playoffs against Jasper in 2009. Jasper had a very good team that year, but Gilmer ended up winning state (I think?). Gilmer also had a guy committed to Oklahoma state and two guys committed to Missouri if i am remembering right? 

Don't know is it the change, are do they have a new coach or what??