Week 5: Corrigan-Camden (3-1) @ Alto Yellowjackets (3-1) - 9/28/18

StingEmALTO

Corrigan-Camden (3-1) @ Alto (3-1)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Corrigan-Camden

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2018 at 12:30 AM

9 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I will be having a family reunion up in the stands, just hope CC makes a good showing or I won’t hear the end of it...😂

Be sure you sniff your drink before you sip. Doomer’s ex-girlfriend’s baby daddy is from Alto and he said the ladies down there are real careless about where they sit their spit cups. 

CC run defense is legit. Alto run defense is super aggressive on film. Turnovers will be important. CC better figure out how to move the ball on offense or it will be a long nite. CC offense had right at 100yds on 90 offensive plays against the Rams..... To me their most productive offense is to call a pass play and then allow their QB to scramble. That was their only success the other nite

43 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

CC run defense is legit. Alto run defense is super aggressive on film. Turnovers will be important. CC better figure out how to move the ball on offense or it will be a long nite. CC offense had right at 100yds on 90 offensive plays against the Rams..... To me their most productive offense is to call a pass play and then allow their QB to scramble. That was their only success the other nite

That’s the offensive switch I’ve been talking bout.. our qb needs to be switched to RB because we don’t throw enough to keep him at qb..

i kept hoping he could have gotten loose the other night.. because he is dangerous if he gets into open field.. 

and do you remember when y’alls rb got loose and our #5 caught him at about the 1 or 2 yard line? That’s our other RB and he is actually faster than our QB..  

if we can figure out how to get our speed into space and help our defense out by scoring some points I believe we will be alright.. 

because our defense is doing their job but our offense has got to get something going! And I believe that switch would help big time...

Both teams are heavy with tradition, both took it on the chin in their respective last outing.. I believe the character of both will rise up and force one to Excell Friday night.. Whom will it be? Luck to you both and may the lord bless all with no injuries and allow each to learn something about themself. After all, that's what football is about. Chain out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

That’s the offensive switch I’ve been talking bout.. our qb needs to be switched to RB because we don’t throw enough to keep him at qb..

i kept hoping he could have gotten loose the other night.. because he is dangerous if he gets into open field.. 

and do you remember when y’alls rb got loose and our #5 caught him at about the 1 or 2 yard line? That’s our other RB and he is actually faster than our QB..  

if we can figure out how to get our speed into space and help our defense out by scoring some points I believe we will be alright.. 

because our defense is doing their job but our offense has got to get something going! And I believe that switch would help big time...

I have had many discussions about getting the speedy kids the ball in more open space. Takes more imagination and creativity when you are a run heavy oriented team. We don't have spread type athletes everywhere but we do have a few speedy guys but they aren't quite big enough to pound inside for an entire year. 2a ftball presents a challenge with limited numbers each year. But you are correct if #3 #5 could get it more in open field they are difference makers.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

I have had many discussions about getting the speedy kids the ball in more open space. Takes more imagination and creativity when you are a run heavy oriented team. We don't have spread type athletes everywhere but we do have a few speedy guys but they aren't quite big enough to pound inside for an entire year. 2a ftball presents a challenge with limited numbers each year. But you are correct if #3 #5 could get it more in open field they are difference makers.

Over the years I’ve seen some fast defenses.. and the only way to beat a very fast defense is to let their own speed kill them.. 

and by that I mean misdirection plays.. throw some play action passes in and when the defense rushes in dump off a screen pass to your speedsters.. 

one thing I’ve also figured out is that you can win state being one dimensional cause we done it twice.. but you also have to have the complete package! A good offense and good defense... 

once you get into the 3rd round of the playoffs and teams find out you are a ground and pound team they simply load the box and dare you to throw it.. 

2 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Yes your #5 caught out #5 but he is not our fastest back #8 is our fastest and yall were keying on him all night. That's why our #5 wore yall out like he did

• Stinks 1

12 minutes ago, Ramfanforever said:

Yes your #5 caught out #5 but he is not our fastest back #8 is our fastest and yall were keying on him all night. That's why our #5 wore yall out like he did

Yeah he had that big pass play over the middle that set up yalls first score, then that one big run where our #5 caught him bout the 2

it was basically a defense game until right before half which made it 7 to 0

36 minutes ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Yeah he had that big pass play over the middle that set up yalls first score, then that one big run where our #5 caught him bout the 2

it was basically a defense game until right before half which made it 7 to 0

Yep you right. We were actually watching the same game. And that don't happen all the time

It’s been awhile since Alto and Corrigan-Camden played! However, probably one of the more interesting matchups was THE LAST TIME we played, which was in 2004 (scrimmages the last few years, but that’s it!). 

In 2004 we met in Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium in the third round of the playoffs and played to a tie in regulation. FOUR overtimes later, CC squeaked out the win 18-12. Before that, it was 1993 when Alto defeated CC 42-0.

Alto leads the series 18-7.

2 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

It’s been awhile since Alto and Corrigan-Camden played! However, probably one of the more interesting matchups was THE LAST TIME we played, which was in 2004 (scrimmages the last few years, but that’s it!). 

In 2004 we met in Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium in the third round of the playoffs and played to a tie in regulation. FOUR overtimes later, CC squeaked out the win 18-12. Before that, it was 1993 when Alto defeated CC 42-0.

Alto leads the series 18-7.

I remember the 2004 game! It was very cold and raining... but I believe it was only the 2nd round cause we lost to troup that next week in the 3rd round.. I might be wrong but I believe that’s how it happened that year

1 hour ago, corrigancamden09 said:

I remember the 2004 game! It was very cold and raining... but I believe it was only the 2nd round cause we lost to troup that next week in the 3rd round.. I might be wrong but I believe that’s how it happened that year

You’re right! I stand corrected. I looked it up and we were 9-3 that year, falling in the second round. What a game!!

Outside observer. New to the forums. I just like East TX football in general. Both these teams are steeped in tradition and carry a lot of respect. I can remember the old days. Boo Garrett running the ball for Corrigan back in the mid 90s. And the likes of “Rooster” and Lorenzo “Heee heeee” Jackson in the mid to late 90s respectively. I haven’t watched Alto in a long time but always thought highly of them. Last I watched them was when Tarlandus Mitchell played. Should be a slugfest. Good luck to both teams.

• Like 2