Argyle(3-0) vs Liberty Eylau(1-3) in Sulphur Springs

regaleagle

This is no excuse for L-E, because I know how good Argyle is. This would be a close game and may still be, but L-E is banged up pretty good. Their numbers are down this year and that's why they dropped to Division II. Last week they routed a good Atlanta team with several starters out. I know Coach Rodgers will have the Eagles ready, and I know Coach Wells will have his Leopards ready. I just think Argyle's depth will be the difference. Texas High beat L-E because they had superior depth. L-E has LaVega after you guys and must get its people healthy for district. You could see a 3-7 L-E team at the end of the year going three or more rounds deep into the playoffs. I wonder if a team has ever finished .500 and won a state championship. I doubt it, and don't look for it this year.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

This is no excuse for L-E, because I know how good Argyle is. This would be a close game and may still be, but L-E is banged up pretty good. Their numbers are down this year and that's why they dropped to Division II. Last week they routed a good Atlanta team with several starters out. I know Coach Rodgers will have the Eagles ready, and I know Coach Wells will have his Leopards ready. I just think Argyle's depth will be the difference. Texas High beat L-E because they had superior depth. L-E has LaVega after you guys and must get its people healthy for district. You could see a 3-7 L-E team at the end of the year going three or more rounds deep into the playoffs. I wonder if a team has ever finished .500 and won a state championship. I doubt it, and don't look for it this year.

Well said!! 

16 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

Well said!! And I think if we get healthy PG I’s the only real threat in district if we play LE football

20 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

I think Atlanta did it when they won their last state title.  The drop in the schools numbers may have or may not have affected the teams numbers.  Everyone does not participate in sports.  The teams roster numbers look about the same as last year to me.  BTW, I believe that a couple of injured players were  back for the Atlanta game.  Nobody will have played a tougher schedule than LE, comparatively speaking, pre-district or otherwise, IMHO.  Wwwwwhhhhaaazzzzzzup LE92!!!

• Like 1

The testing never stops this season for Argyle.......all the way thru district play.  LE is a legit opponent for any size 4A school to schedule in most years.....and I don't think this season is an exception.  After this game Argyle starts district play against some more tough teams in D-1........Paris(2-2), Melissa(3-1), Anna(3-1), and Celina(2-1).......all in a row to end district play.  Before that run......in Week 6 Argyle gets a winless Sanger and the very next week gets Paris N. Lamar to start out district play.  So Argyle should be in good shape when they begin that tough 4 team run before the playoffs get here.  Then it doesn't stop in the playoffs each week in our Region 2 with Stephenville, La Vega, China Spring, Kennedale and our district mates in the mix too.  And that's just to get to a region title.

54 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

I think Atlanta did it when they won their last state title.  The drop in the schools numbers may have or may not have affected the teams numbers.  Everyone does not participate in sports.  The teams roster numbers look about the same as last year to me.  BTW, I believe that a couple of injured players were  back for the Atlanta game.  Nobody will have played a tougher schedule than LE, comparatively speaking, pre-district or otherwise, IMHO.  Wwwwwhhhhaaazzzzzzup LE92!!!

Cooling man just enjoying every moment of football season bc I know when the offseason comes I’ll be like blahhhhhh...

1 hour ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

14 hours ago, regaleagle said:

The testing never stops this season for Argyle.......all the way thru district play.  LE is a legit opponent for any size 4A school to schedule in most years.....and I don't think this season is an exception.  After this game Argyle starts district play against some more tough teams in D-1........Paris(2-2), Melissa(3-1), Anna(3-1), and Celina(2-1).......all in a row to end district play.  Before that run......in Week 6 Argyle gets a winless Sanger and the very next week gets Paris N. Lamar to start out district play.  So Argyle should be in good shape when they begin that tough 4 team run before the playoffs get here.  Then it doesn't stop in the playoffs each week in our Region 2 with Stephenville, La Vega, China Spring, Kennedale and our district mates in the mix too.  And that's just to get to a region title.

Paris is 3-1

7 hours ago, SilverCrush8 said:

Paris is 3-1

Actually MaxPreps is showing their game against Terrell was cancelled and given a (FFL).......double forfeit loss.  So MaxPreps has them at 2-2 for the season.  Did they end up finishing that game.......or was it called with a double forfeit???   I didn't know they scored cancelled games with FFL's a loss for both teams.

On 9/23/2018 at 9:51 PM, LibertyEylau92 said:

Cooling man just enjoying every moment of football season bc I know when the offseason comes I’ll be like blahhhhhh...

Ok.  I’ve heard conflicting reports about where this game will be played; Just today I heard it would be played in LE..... Is this true, or is it still scheduled for Sulphur Springs?

It's only a trap game for Argyle if they show up not ready to play.  All games this season for Argyle could be a trap game, LOL.  When you wear a target on your back, that's just the way it is......you get everybody's best shot, trick plays, refs throwing flags they don't normally throw.......just all kinds of stuff.  Argyle is still a work in progress IMO and needs more tough opponents like LE before they can develop into the kind of team that can win the region title this season.  It will be a slugfest in district as well as the playoffs for all contenders in Region 2 D-1 this year.

18 hours ago, regaleagle said:

It's only a trap game for Argyle if they show up not ready to play.  All games this season for Argyle could be a trap game, LOL.  When you wear a target on your back, that's just the way it is......you get everybody's best shot, trick plays, refs throwing flags they don't normally throw.......just all kinds of stuff.  Argyle is still a work in progress IMO and needs more tough opponents like LE before they can develop into the kind of team that can win the region title this season.  It will be a slugfest in district as well as the playoffs for all contenders in Region 2 D-1 this year.

Overall, the district is not very strong.  The UIL really did Argyle a favor by compiling this district in the fashion that they did.  Argyle should have a cakewalk through their district and easily make the playoffs where everyone will find out what they are made of.  KALE!

4 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Overall, the district is not very strong.  The UIL really did Argyle a favor by compiling this district in the fashion that they did.  Argyle should have a cakewalk through their district and easily make the playoffs where everyone will find out what they are made of.  KALE!

Have you even looked at Argyles district? Argyle, Melissa, Paris, and Celina all good if not very good teams.  

• Like 1

One thing is for certain when you play LE......they play with great effort and desire.  This is an intangible that cannot be measured but also cannot be overlooked.  Some teams just have a chemistry to play with greater desire than other teams.  Sometimes that extra effort can make a big difference in a play or in the outcome of a game.  Argyle is a team that plays this way also.......so I know it when I see it.  LE will bring their very best to the field and battle the Eagles tooth and nail, no doubt about it.  Argyle better be ready to battle too.