Winnsboro vs. Gladewater 9/28

chevyman

Record between Gladewater and Winnsboro is 9-2, with the Bears winning the first 9 and Winnsboro the last 2.

Bear's posted 4 shutouts in '63, '65 & '84.

Largest victory was by the Bears in '84, 56-0.

Smallest victory was in '62. Bear's won 20-18. That was the teams first meeting.

Last meeting was in 2003. Winnsboro won 27-21.

1 hour ago, ramz77 said:

Coach Langford should really be the one getting all the recognition here for making those crucial half time adjustments for blocking assignments but it really goes unnoticed. 

Believe me, nothing Coach Langford does goes unnoticed!!! Great coach and even better guy!!

The blocking this year has been outstanding!!! In fact several posters have mentioned the blocking on all the game threads.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ramz77 said:

Thanks! I started the rest of the game at LG at PG haha, im a little nervous for district but with that game experience against the state champs I should be fine

You are going to do great!!! And you did an awesome job coming in!!! 

13 minutes ago, ramz77 said:

Thanks! I started the rest of the game at LG at PG haha, im a little nervous for district but with that game experience against the state champs I should be fine

You guys did a great job and all of gladewater is behind you guys. Keep your head down and focus on getting better each and everyday. 

13 minutes ago, ramz77 said:

What was the injury to the kid who went down ?  Is he done for the year ?  Always hate seeing an injury but you did great. 

10 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Yall dont get to cocky now that yall have won 4 games lol it could come back to bite yall

I don’t think you’ll see that happen. However this whole site is meaningless banter. The kids are the ones that matter. As long as they keep their heads on straight and stay injury free I like our chances against anyone in 3AD1. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GWBears01 said:

I don’t think you’ll see that happen. However this whole site is meaningless banter. The kids are the ones that matter. As long as they keep their heads on straight and stay injury free I like our chances against anyone in 3AD1. 

I agree i think they are really good this year but so are my lions and i would love to see them play each other... Gladewater has jumped to the region favorite for me but when the fans start getting cocky and the boys see it they tend to get cocky as well... Like you said as long as they keep their heads on straight they will be a handful for anyone

7 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Golfingnut is a true gladewater fan... On here win or lose and support's gladewater even when they are down.... You seasonal fans are the worst... You only support your team when your winning

I’ve been here for probably 5-6 years but rarely posted. I just liked reading. I came out of my shell some last year lol. I expected to be at every game this season regardless of how the team played. Last year was ROUGH and no one expected it to turn around so fast. Let me tell you though there is a TON of talent in the sophomore and freshmen classes. Could be fun for a few years. 

7 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I’ve been here for probably 5-6 years but rarely posted. I just liked reading. I came out of my shell some last year lol. I expected to be at every game this season regardless of how the team played. Last year was ROUGH and no one expected it to turn around so fast. Let me tell you though there is a TON of talent in the sophomore and freshmen classes. Could be fun for a few years. 

Glad to see them turning it around.... I have seen you on here before i just used golfingnut because shes in here all the time

15 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Golfingnut is a true gladewater fan... On here win or lose and support's gladewater even when they are down.... You seasonal fans are the worst... You only support your team when your winning

I agree those Gwater Bears are comin out of the wood works this year. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Yall dont get to cocky now that yall have won 4 games lol it could come back to bite yall

I wouldn’t get too cocky with Franklin either. The last couple of times y’all played some ETX teams y’all lost. Not a good track record. Waskom @ state and we shut y’all out one year. 

3 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

I wouldn’t get too cocky with Franklin either. The last couple of times y’all played some ETX teams y’all lost. Not a good track record. Waskom @ state and we shut y’all out one year. 

Not getting cocky... Also we have a pretty good record against east texas teams.... Waskom at state was a good game we just didnt play like we had all year that year against them and wo did beat us we played bad against them.... But the last time we lost to a east texas team was in 2015... We also have wins over newton tatum and arp

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Not getting cocky... Also we have a pretty good record against east texas teams.... Waskom at state was a good game we just didnt play like we had all year that year against them and wo did beat us we played bad against them.... But the last time we lost to a east texas team was in 2015... We also have wins over newton tatum and arp

We were mediocre that year.

3 hours ago, ramz77 said:

First of all, you played well. Secondly, here's some advice from somebody older (not necessarily wiser) but def older, get off of Smoaky, it is no place for a player to be. Just my opinion that I'm sure your coaches would agree with.  You can read it, just don't post, it never seems to go well for the student athlete. 

• Like 3

Just now, bearnation said:

First of all, you played well. Secondly, here's some advice from somebody older (not necessarily wiser) but def older, get off of Smoaky, it is no place for a player to be. Just my opinion that I'm sure your coaches would agree with.  You can read it, just don't post, it never seems to go well for the student athlete. 

True story. Focus on your school work and playing. Yall have a long playoff run ahead of yall.