Melissa vs Paris

RedRed

37 minutes ago, RedRed said:

yes he did, he has been in Melissa since 8th grade. Came here 4 years ago.

Just picking with you guys. Just showing people there are alternative ways you can phrase the "R" word.

As for the player, his style reminds me of a back from Carthage (dwight smith) in 2008 . He's not as fast as Smith but style is very similar.

On 9/24/2018 at 10:18 AM, SilverCrush8 said:

I don’t believe Melissa has been hit in the mouth like Paris will hit them in the mouth. I know they’ve got a great team but the Cats will be ready for battle Friday night 

Melissa seems to be pretty battle tested with wins against Liberty Christian (they are usually no slouch), 5A Frisco (not a great 5A, but still a larger school), and 5A Whitehouse (who is picked to finish 2nd in that district), and a close loss to a private school all-star team filled with about 7-8 legitimate future D1 players. 

I'm not taking anything away from the Wildcats, but I wouldn't be too quick to assume that Melissa hasn't seen anything like Paris. Hopefully it's a great game with minimal personal fouls and the Cardinals come out on top. 

23 hours ago, RedRed said:

You have lost your mind just because yall got throttled by Paris because yall are so undisciplined and cant get out of your own way doesnt make Paris some awesome team. I watched your game against Paris and yall are terribly slow, cant block or pass the ball and yall make mistake after mistake. Paris has some speed, but yall made them look a lot faster because of all the mistakes yall make. 

Wow, must have hit a nerve. I never said MP didn't make mistakes, in fact I didn't even bring up that game. But since you want to go there, did MP make mistakes, absolutely. Is MP "terribly slow"? Ummmm, no. Did MP make them look better because of the mistakes, of course. However, that game has NO BEARING on my opinion of the Paris and Melissa game.

Stand by my opinion, Paris by 21 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Just picking with you guys. Just showing people there are alternative ways you can phrase the "R" word.

As for the player, his style reminds me of a back from Carthage (dwight smith) in 2008 . He's not as fast as Smith but style is very similar.

Now that you say that he reminds me to of Dwight Smith. 

2 hours ago, IronTiger4Life said:

Wow, must have hit a nerve. I never said MP didn't make mistakes, in fact I didn't even bring up that game. But since you want to go there, did MP make mistakes, absolutely. Is MP "terribly slow"? Ummmm, no. Did MP make them look better because of the mistakes, of course. However, that game has NO BEARING on my opinion of the Paris and Melissa game.

Stand by my opinion, Paris by 21 

My point is because Paris whipped yall doesnt mean they are gonna beat Melissa. Yall got beat so bad by Paris not because they were so much better, but because yall lack discipline. 

1 hour ago, RedRed said:

My point is because Paris whipped yall doesnt mean they are gonna beat Melissa. Yall got beat so bad by Paris not because they were so much better, but because yall lack discipline. 

Same thing Argyle will do to Melissa in a few weeks--put a whipping on Melissa!!! It won't even be close. 

7 minutes ago, RedRed said:

Are you God? No your not how can you know such information? 

I could ask you the same! I don't have a "dog in the fight". But as an observation, you are pretty confident with the 3 Touchdowns Melissa is going to beat Paris by. So, I am going to be pretty confident and guess Argyle by atleast 3 TD's over Melissa!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, yellowdawg3 said:

I could ask you the same! I don't have a "dog in the fight". But as an observation, you are pretty confident with the 3 Touchdowns Melissa is going to beat Paris by. So, I am going to be pretty confident and guess Argyle by atleast 3 TD's over Melissa!

I'm really just trying to keep the banter going until Friday.

As for Argyle you could be right, but who cares Paris is this week. 

After what happened to Melissa at Paris HS last year in the playoffs I feel like I'm returning to the scene of a murder LOL.

I think as long the Melissa can get past the huge disappointment of last weeks crazy ending they'll be OK to this week, but they gotta set the tone early. The Cards have a tendency to always start games slow.. Paris beat Gilmer and I don't care if Gilmer is down this year that still shows the Wildcats are very legit and can't be taken lightly. I have seen Paris a few times over the past several years and they always have talent, size, speed..the works. I was shocked they bowed out in first round last year and never make a playoff run.

Also, I'm a Melissa resident now after living in Argyle area for several years. I've seen Argyle at least 30 times since the program inception and have attended 80% of their playoff games in past 10 years. Attended Melissa vs. Celina and all the Cards 4 playoff games last year so I would say I have more knowledge of the two teams combined than anybody on this site. IMO Argyle is at least 10 points better than Melissa right now but unless Celina has improved a ton they are waaay behind AHS and MHS.

This week I see Melissa 33 Paris 20

also FWIW I see Anna 26 North Lamar 14 ,  Celina 47 Sanger 15 and Argyle 35 L-E 19

and see the district ending like this...

1. Argyle

2. Melissa

3. Paris

4. Celina

5. Anna

6. Sanger

7. North Lamar

Argyle has played Paris many times in predistrict.......they are always tough, athletic, and with speed.  The Wildcats have a tendency to make too many mistakes that costs them dearly.  They typically have more penalty yardage than Argyle when we play them.  But as far as pure football without the mistakes and penalties.......they can be a tough out at times.  I'm not sure what they bring to the table this season.......but from what I've heard and seen on film they look to have a very good football team this year.  I'm still thinking Melissa will have enough weapons to put up more points regardless of how well the Wildcats play defensively.  The team that scores the most points wins.......and Melissa has that pedigree, not Paris.  Melissa just has more weapons on offense and can score easier because of it.......it's really not Rocket Science. If Paris gets the lead early, plays some tough defense and causes some turnovers.......then capitalizes on those turnovers to extend their lead......then they have  good chance to win this game, IMO.  It should prove to be a close game and a good one to go see.