#7 La Vega @ #3 Midlothian Heritage

BigFanOf22

La Vega vs Midlothian Heritage  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2018 at 12:30 AM

2 hours ago, coachkells said:

MH passing game vs the LV pass rush is the biggest factor in this game if the QB is given enough time to pick apart the secondary it could be a long night for the LV defensive backs.  La Vega has a very quick defensive line but will it be enough to get around the offensive line of MH.  Midlothian has not seen a team with that has as much speed as the Pirates have across the board and we all know you cant simulate speed in practice. On offense LV will do there best to eat the clock when they can but I have also seen them move with some tempo this year when they want to.  If the pirates play to their ability and limit the mistakes they should be able to walk out with the victory Friday night.  My guess is LV wins this one 35-24 but what do I know.

Going be a close game either way toss up.

10 hours ago, TxBroadcaster said:

For fun...Argyle gave up 35 to SVille...MH gave up 21. 

cannot wait to see this game. 

I think Argyle scored more against Stephenville also.......therefore kicking off and giving Stephenville more possessions. I noticed Stephenville did not rush the Heritage qb like they did the Argyle qb......they played back on pass defense more.  IMO that was a BIG mistake giving Ledbetter all that time to pick up his receivers.  LV will not make that mistake.....they will put pressure on Ledbetter and force him into bad decisions or sack him.  He will not be nearly as effective with less time to throw the ball.......again in my opinion.  I don't think the Heritage D will be able to stop the LV rb's breaking off big gains and scoring.  LV wins this by "handling" Heritage.

38 minutes ago, coachkells said:

For fun stephenville lost their QBs against Midlothian.  

For fun, Stephenville's backup qb Austin Renfro(6-4, 185, Jr.) was 18 for 31 for 245 yds and 2 TDs against Heritage AFTER the starter was injured.......there was very little drop off if any. Stephenville did not run the ball much against Heritage and gained only 60 yds on the ground.  LV will open up the Heritage D and gash them with big runs, IMO.

By comparison........Ledbetter(6-1, 180 Sr.) was 22 of 34 for 348 yds passing with 3 TD's and one INT.  Guess what???  Heritage also rushed for only 61 yds. against Stephenville.  Doncha think rushing Ledbetter is a good way to cause some major league problems for Heritage???  That's what Argyle would do.  Sitting back and playing coverage in the secondary plays into Heritage's game plan.......Ledbetter will make his connections.  Heritage has some talented receivers.

Here's another comparison........Argyle passed for 309 and rushed for 192 against Stephenville.  Against La Vega.......Argyle passed for only 188 and rushed for only 122, even though that was the night with all the rain and lightning delays.  I will admit the wet weather may have caused a falloff in the passing yardage.......but maybe it didn't.  Maybe LV is pretty good, Huh?  Argyle won with less than 30 secs. left on the clock.

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

I think Argyle scored more against Stephenville also.......therefore kicking off and giving Stephenville more possessions. I noticed Stephenville did not rush the Heritage qb like they did the Argyle qb......they played back on pass defense more.  IMO that was a BIG mistake giving Ledbetter all that time to pick up his receivers.  LV will not make that mistake.....they will put pressure on Ledbetter and force him into bad decisions or sack him.  He will not be nearly as effective with less time to throw the ball.......again in my opinion.  I don't think the Heritage D will be able to stop the LV rb's breaking off big gains and scoring.  LV wins this by "handling" Heritage.

I think this game will be just like the Argyle vs SH and LV games and just like MH's game with the Ville. very close and very fun to watch....You keep talking about rushing Ledbetter..have to balance that because that plays into their pass attack. They love one on one match ups and rushing but not getting to him can be deadly.

I think it is a 35-30 type game but do not sleep on this MH D,, they are salty. 

Has La Vega had a home game yet???  I guarantee it's tough playing all of this stiff competition in your opponents' home stadiums. Heritage will definitely have the home field advantage, for sure.......just like Argyle did.  It's bound to help.......no travel, home fans and lots of support, familiar surroundings and just the confidence level is greater.  Okay.......looks like LV won both of their games at home and have lost both games on the road.......we'll see what happens this week for them on this road trip to Heritage. 

9 hours ago, TxBroadcaster said:

I think this game will be just like the Argyle vs SH and LV games and just like MH's game with the Ville. very close and very fun to watch....You keep talking about rushing Ledbetter..have to balance that because that plays into their pass attack. They love one on one match ups and rushing but not getting to him can be deadly.

I think it is a 35-30 type game but do not sleep on this MH D,, they are salty. 

I don't think anyone is sleeping on MH defense.  But the running attack of LV is far more potent then that have faced to this point.  Even without their  other senior running back who hasn't seen the field yet this season. But the LaVega defense is pretty salty too.  Look at what LV did to the running attack of Pflugerville.  I agree it is going to be a great game.  

1 hour ago, coachkells said:

I don't think anyone is sleeping on MH defense.  But the running attack of LV is far more potent then that have faced to this point.  Even without their  other senior running back who hasn't seen the field yet this season. But the LaVega defense is pretty salty too.  Look at what LV did to the running attack of Pflugerville.  I agree it is going to be a great game.  

Will Richard be back this season?