MavGrad's NCAA Week 5 Preview (2018)

Coach Rab

Team with the most to lose in Week 5  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which team has the most to lose in week 5?

• Alabama
    • West Virginia
    • Oklahoma
    • Ohio St
    • Penn State
    • Stanford
    • Notre Dame
    • LSU

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/29/2018 at 04:00 PM

TEAMS WE WATCH

Louisiana at #1 Alabama  11:00  SECN

The GAME OF THE CENTURY!  Bama always has a close game when they play those Louisiana teams... so lets say  Bama by 50 to play it safe...

#12 West Virginia at #25 Texas Tech  11:00  ESPN2

Texas Tech being ranked #25 is that classic line of "Over-reaction Monday" or in this case Sunday...  but They have played well so far.  I think they will play this better than expected, but West Virginia probably has the best set of WRs in the country and a QB that can get it to them.  No way Tech keeps up...  Combover Holgerson wins this one by 20.

Arkansas vs Texas A&M  11:00  ESPN

Arkansas has been a horrible team to date.  A&M has been better than average.  Aggies by 15.

Baylor at #6 Oklahoma  2:30  ABC

I look for Mike Stoops to keep this one close.  Sooners by 13.

#18 Texas at Kansas St  2:30  FS1

I've already said it once.  One of those really bad Texas teams could have beaten this K State team this year...  Horns by at least 20.

Iowa St at TCU  6:00  ESPNU

TCU fans do not have a lot of confidence in their QB right now, but he will be fine this week.  TCU is the better team in pretty much every position in this matchup.  Frogs by 3 TDs.

Ole Miss at #5 LSU  8:00  ESPN

I feel like this is a bit of a trap game for LSU.  We all know the Tigers are only ranked as high as they are because of who they beat, not because of how well they have played.  The offense has to score at least 30 to win this one comfortable...  LSU by 4.

OTHER GAMES TO WATCH

#4 Ohio St at #9 Penn State  6:30  ABC

Everyone keeps saying that Ohio St is the only team that looks like they could beat Alabama.  Well, I am going to tell you right now, that Penn State is the only team that can beat Ohio St (until the playoffs).  I think this one is really close and will be one hell of a game to watch.  Ohio St by 3.

#7 Stanford at #8 Notre Dame  6:30  NBC

I mentioned this last week also.  It's not about Notre Dame being one of the top 4 teams in the country, its "can they survive their schedule?"  This is their toughest test.  I think they are a home run pick this week for the sole reason that they are playing at home...  Irish by 6.

#20 BYU at #11 Washington  6:30  FOX

BYU may be the worst ranked team in the country... but who am I?  Washington by 17.

#19 Oregon at #24 California  9:30  FS1

I take that back.  Cal may be the worst ranked team in the country...  Oregon will win this one by 20.

• Coach Rab changed the title to MavGrad's NCAA Week 5 Preview (2018)
47 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Baylor at #6 Oklahoma  2:30  ABC

I look for Mike Stoops to keep this one close.  Sooners by 13.

A loss (or even a close win) pretty much confirms OU as a pretender who will be lucky to even reach the Big XII championship game, let alone the Playoffs.  

I took Penn St for the poll. My thinking is if they get beat at home their playoff hopes are very thin. 

I can understand the Oklahoma pick for the reasons stated above my post but I think they’ll handle Baylor. 

West Virginia needs this game because they still have TCU, OU, and @Texas on the schedule. Losing to Tech would make the rest must win. 

Stanford needs to win to boost their playoff resume. The PAC12 is weak and if you have undefeated teams from BIG 10, SEC, Big 12, and Clemson I wouldn’t be surprised to see the PAC 12 be left out. 

On 9/26/2018 at 3:56 PM, AKA said:

A loss (or even a close win) pretty much confirms OU as a pretender who will be lucky to even reach the Big XII championship game, let alone the Playoffs.  

If ou isn’t a true contender in the big 12 then who is? 

Ou is about to walk to the title rematch with WVU and more than likely split with them giving them both an 12-1 record with a split head to head and throwing the committee into a real problem taking one of them for the playoff.