Chapel Hill Program

Stankylegg

Unfortunately I think the CH football talent pool is on par with a 3A school but their enrollment is at the 4A level. The last few years I've see very little real size or depth on the offensive and defensive lines. Skill positions have always been there but it makes little difference without those hogs up front. The lack of discipline and poor attitudes from the players have also contributed to the downfall as well. I've heard that student discipline is a real issue throughout the whole district at this time. I guess Coach Sitton had pretty good foresight....hate to hear about Hooker

7 minutes ago, jwelch77 said:

Unfortunately I think the CH football talent pool is on par with a 3A school but their enrollment is at the 4A level. The last few years I've see very little real size or depth on the offensive and defensive lines. Skill positions have always been there but it makes little difference without those hogs up front. The lack of discipline and poor attitudes from the players have also contributed to the downfall as well. I've heard that student discipline is a real issue throughout the whole district at this time. I guess Coach Sitton had pretty good foresight....hate to hear about Hooker

I think the school board had something to do Sitton leaving. 

1 minute ago, jwelch77 said:

I see....my daughter just started high school there so I'm not well versed on all the admin problems. However, I am hearing more and more concerning stories. I hate to hear it about my alma maternull

I agree. I’ve been concerned myself. 

Don’t know much about Crosby except they were 7-3 last year,   4-3 in district play and that district was not that strong.   Is the coach at Crosby a CH guy?  Again, I just don’t know that much about this whole situation except for I was tired of hearing about with nothing happening until yesterday.  

11 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

If the talent was in the 8th and 9th grade why the pressure to get rid of the coach? 

You see this kind of thing often in college and NFL, and if high school was more visible in the major media you would see it there as well; a coach is unsuccessful at one place, moves to a new spot and hits his stride.  Also, coaches have great success, then move to a “better opportunity” only to struggle. 

Tom Coughlin won 2 Super Bowls with the Giants after the Jaguars fired him.

Pete Carrol won NCs with USC and 1 super bowl with another appearance with Seahawks after the Patriots fired him. 

Gary Kubiak won a super bowl with the Broncos after the Texans fired him.

Wade Phillips as a DC won a super bowl with the Broncos and appeared in another with the Rams after the Cowboys fired him as a HC.

Jimmy Johnson won NCs at the U and SBs with the Cowboys then fizzled out with the Dolphins.

Nick Saban won a NC with LSU then had a tough go with the Dolphins then multiple NCs with Alabama 

Steve Spurier won a NC with Florida then had a tough tenure with the Redskins that ended in his resignstion.

Charlie Strong has success at Louisville then struggled at Texas.

This list could go on for pages.  The point is each school has to constantly evaluate their program, the kids, coaches, & culture. Every program has times when changes are needed, and that doesn’t always mean a new HC and staff, but sometimes it does.  We can’t be so simple minded to think that a coach is bad coach just because he isn’t a good fit. Also, to think that a coach that was successful down the road will automatically be successful elsewhere.  This happens in every industry across the globe. People don’t jive with their boss, coworkers, they have family issues, they have culture issues, so they get fired, they resign.  They find a new job and they love their boss, coworkers, their family thrives in the new city, they fit perfectly with the culture/demographics and the have huge success.