Chapel Hill Program

Stankylegg

23 hours ago, CHinsider said:

Well I called it... welcome code blue! Funny how some supported Captain Hook leaving. Winning was in his control as we control the weather. You backed his leaving... now will the grass be greener? I will sit back and watch! 

Some dads want their son to be the star, but can’t pass a drug test... is that a daddy issue or a mommy issue... I’m not sure. Careful what you ask for. Code blue comes with a new qb... oh the tangled web we weave...

So is Charlie Coker coming to the Hill??

23 hours ago, CHinsider said:

Well I called it... welcome code blue! Funny how some supported Captain Hook leaving. Winning was in his control as we control the weather. You backed his leaving... now will the grass be greener? I will sit back and watch! 

Some dads want their son to be the star, but can’t pass a drug test... is that a daddy issue or a mommy issue... I’m not sure. Careful what you ask for. Code blue comes with a new qb... oh the tangled web we weave...

I guarantee you Riordan doesn’t say “I can’t control winning any more than I can control the weather.”

I know how drug testing works, I was a student in that locker just a few years ago.  If the team stinks, kids will toke up.  If the team is good and has a real chance in the playoffs, those same kids stay clean.  Same goes for participation.

BTW, it doesn’t take much to get greener grass when last years pasture had a 1-9 color to it. 

Coker’s son is a great kid and athlete.

When Crosby’s stud QB went down this past season Coker’s son took over.  Had some great moments , but also struggled in many games.

Rio likes QB that is mobile and spot on as a passer. Lots of quick screens and Zone Read

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

His son Kobe is a baller!

Exciting...Also heard a Quarterback/Safety from John Tyler is moving back to CH. Tall athletic kid.  I’ve heard khalan griffin is trying to get back to CH if the rules allow.  The qb from jt is happening with griffin being hearsay  

Some big nastys would be a nice addition too 😂

Any talent is welcome lol  

Several new faces running for school board.  Maybe a new board can get a new middle school built where the pit is now, new indoor multipurpose facility in the middle of the bus loop, new home stands to take the place of the current visitor stands, and new score/video board with speakers you can actually hear.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

Several new faces running for school board.  Maybe a new board can get a new middle school built where the pit is now, new indoor multipurpose facility in the middle of the bus loop, new home stands to take the place of the current visitor stands, and new score/video board with speakers you can actually hear.

I do not post very often but this caught my eye. I do not know much about Chapel Hill but am guessing these improvements are needed. Will the community support a bond to pay for this if new board members are elected.

40 minutes ago, slyone said:

I do not post very often but this caught my eye. I do not know much about Chapel Hill but am guessing these improvements are needed. Will the community support a bond to pay for this if new board members are elected.

I think it’s all about timing and presentation.  The last bonds that failed were not marketed to the community well. I believe that the community is willing to invest in kids, but it has to be sold to the community well.

This would be a huge lift to CH's athletic program. If you want kids to take pride in their program, give them something to be proud of? Week after week they go to other schools to compete and see MUCH better facilities than their own. It eventually takes its toll and creates frustration.

9 hours ago, 6922 said:

This would be a huge lift to CH's athletic program. If you want kids to take pride in their program, give them something to be proud of? Week after week they go to other schools to compete and see MUCH better facilities than their own. It eventually takes its toll and creates frustration.

Exactly.  They built a new field house and won a state championship 3 years later.

• 2 weeks later...

Coach Rio is already changing the culture.  The players are telling me they are working harder than ever before, and that coach Rio is right there with them watching and instructing and encouraging during the workouts.  Keep up the great work!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Stankylegg said:

Coach Rio is already changing the culture.  The players are telling me they are working harder than ever before, and that coach Rio is right there with them watching and instructing and encouraging during the workouts.  Keep up the great work!

Of course he is. That is who Rio is. He is a hands on, involved, leader. He will get the most out of every kid. Great things on the Horizon for CH athletics as a whole.

3 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

How many coaches did he end up bringing in from Crosby?

I was told by a SB member that he was allowed to bring whoever he wanted with him.  I was also told the soccer coach’s job was the only one that was pretty well secure, but all of this will be substantiated in a couple months, when we know for sure who still has a job and who is new on campus. 

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

Of course he is. That is who Rio is. He is a hands on, involved, leader. He will get the most out of every kid. Great things on the Horizon for CH athletics as a whole.

I was told by a player that 8 kids threw up during the field workouts on Tuesday.  They said Monday was the hardest workout they had ever experienced in their athletic career until Tuesday came along.  Lol

• Like 1

CH needs to get those 3 new SB members voted in and get a bond passed to build a new middle school in the pit, indoor activity center in the bus loop, and new home stands where the visitor stands are currently.  Maybe some sponsors can fork out the money for a new video score board and sound system.  The speakers are painful to listen to when the MS does walk-a-thons.  The community is ready to see some positive changes and they need to strike while the momentum is on an up swing. 

19 minutes ago, Stankylegg said:

I was told by a player that 8 kids threw up during the field workouts on Tuesday.  They said Monday was the hardest workout they had ever experienced in their athletic career until Tuesday came along.  Lol

They will get better or get gone. Not any middle ground.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

They will get better or get gone. Not any middle ground.

I’ve seen it first hand several years ago.  These kids will thrive once they understand the expectations, buy into the process, and get a little taste of reward. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 8:21 AM, 6922 said:

+1