Chapel Hill Program

Stankylegg

13 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Riordan's definitely a motivator and he wants his kids working and competing all the time.....he's already reaching out to get Chapel Hill back into the State 7-on-7 scene 

The excitement over the coach is high. He is causing new excitement in all sports. I already see the numbers of players going up. Players are buying into his system. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is the rare occurrence/loophole where what could be viewed as a transfer for athletic purposes is "legal" under UIL rules.

Every student in the state is eligible for athletic participation at a UIL school, in this case Griffin was ruled eligible by the UIL to participate at Chapel Hill because he was ruled ineligible at John Tyler last year. Him transferring to Brook Hill didn't change that, the UIL school he was eligible to play for is still Chapel Hill, so the transfer back to his home school regardless of reasoning makes him eligible as long as he hasn't moved etc.

Similar deal happened w/Duncanville basketball and the Ramsey kid returning from Oak Hill, based on his mom's residence Duncanville was the UIL school he was eligible at.

One correction, there's still a PAPF that's filed but its just a formality....

10 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

This is the rare occurrence/loophole where what could be viewed as a transfer for athletic purposes is "legal" under UIL rules.

Every student in the state is eligible for athletic participation at a UIL school, in this case Griffin was ruled eligible by the UIL to participate at Chapel Hill because he was ruled ineligible at John Tyler last year. Him transferring to Brook Hill didn't change that, the UIL school he was eligible to play for is still Chapel Hill, so the transfer back to his home school regardless of reasoning makes him eligible as long as he hasn't moved etc.

Similar deal happened w/Duncanville basketball and the Ramsey kid returning from Oak Hill, based on his mom's residence Duncanville was the UIL school he was eligible at.

One correction, there's still a PAPF that's filed but its just a formality....

question...if Griffin would have move to the John Tyler district while at Brook Hill last yr, could he transfer to JT this yr?

12 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

question...if Griffin would have move to the John Tyler district while at Brook Hill last yr, could he transfer to JT this yr?

no, I believe he'd still have to sit out....if he would have stayed at JT and played JV his junior season he'd be eligible as a senior because he would have established residency...but since he left the ineligible ruling would still apply to him

4 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

no, I believe he'd still have to sit out....if he would have stayed at JT and played JV his junior season he'd be eligible as a senior because he would have established residency...but since he left the ineligible ruling would still apply to him

hmmm interesting.  Cause I was thinking he could established residence as long as he moved and lived there for a few months or better. I guess not.  Rules are Rules, but I bet if he wasn't a Div.1 athlete, CH probably would have never protested. 

9 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

hmmm interesting.  Cause I was thinking he could established residence as long as he moved and lived there for a few months or better. I guess not.  Rules are Rules, but I bet if he wasn't a Div.1 athlete, CH probably would have never protested. 

Something we'll never know....a lot of coaches don't follow the spirit of the rules and either 1) just sign the PAPF the kid didn't transfer for athletic purposes for everyone no matter what or 2) have selective enforcement of it....that inconsistency for me is a problem

19 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Something we'll never know....a lot of coaches don't follow the spirit of the rules and either 1) just sign the PAPF the kid didn't transfer for athletic purposes for everyone no matter what or 2) have selective enforcement of it....that inconsistency for me is a problem

+1000

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

Question no one has asked yet:  How will the CHill players view him as a teammate?  He basically walked out in them in a selfish fashion, and upon learning he was not going to get to play at JT, opted to go to Brook Hill vs returning to Chill.  He has some trust to rebuild in this area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Question no one has asked yet:  How will the CHill players view him as a teammate?  He basically walked out in them in a selfish fashion, and upon learning he was not going to get to play at JT, opted to go to Brook Hill vs returning to Chill.  He has some trust to rebuild in this area.

Kids in this generation tend to look at things differently than we did....I don't think it'll be a big deal

20 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

4th place?

It's better than 5th and he is a game changer. He can beat people by himself. He may not beat Carthage by himself, but other teams are very well aware of the leveling of the playing field. Add to that Rio running the program and Chapel Hill will be a different animal in 2019.

• Like 1

it would be a pretty ignorant player today or "yesterday" that had a real mega-talent move back into your district, fieldhouse...and you shun them rather than put the pedal down. that should put some gas in the tank of every kid in there...being able to beat more teams!!!

don't know this player...I'm talking in generalities!!!