Chapel Hill Program

Stankylegg

6 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

negative vive usually comes from parents/kin of the kids losing playing time = petty despite more success of school, team, town

Speaking of the negative vibe.... wonder where all those happy fans are? Been quiet ever since bashing former coach. 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

it would be a pretty ignorant player today or "yesterday" that had a real mega-talent move back into your district, fieldhouse...and you shun them rather than put the pedal down. that should put some gas in the tank of every kid in there...being able to beat more teams!!!

don't know this player...I'm talking in generalities!!!

As long as said player isn’t a premadona and acts as if he is already playing on Saturday it should work itself out.  He will have to earn trust through actions.  But if said player thinks the rules don’t apply to him and intentionally defies direction from authority - well that is another story altogether.  I don’t know the kid either.  Just saw him as a Soph.  Lots of talent but playing the wrong position IMO.

3 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Did the Offensive Coordinator from Crosby move to Chapel Hill with Rio?

Wasn't his son the starting QB at Crosby after the starter was injured in week 3? 

Pretty sure he was the assistant o line and assistant head coach.  Coker. Saw on Twitter that he is at CH now. From what I read on the southeast board, the OC maybe tried to get the Crosby job then went somewhere down in that area when he didnt get 

Happy fans are still here. We are excited about how hard these kids are working and the number of kids involved. These kids have not been worked like they are being worked now but they are enjoying it. 

Yes griffin is at CH and i don’t sense any hard feelings from any of the kids. They just want to win which is understanding after the last couple of years. He will be in the backfield which is where he’s being recruited as. 

All positive vibes coming from the Hill. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Pretty sure he was the assistant o line and assistant head coach.  Coker. Saw on Twitter that he is at CH now. From what I read on the southeast board, the OC maybe tried to get the Crosby job then went somewhere down in that area when he didnt get 

But Coker did come to Chapel Hill, and I'm sure he brought is son with him. 

3 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Yes, that's what I said. That he is at Chapel Hill now. But Cokers son was the QB that stepped in. Not the OC's son.

i see, I was mistaken as to Coker's title in Crosby. Thank you for clearing that up, I hate it when I make stupid mistakes like that.

Just now, playactionpass39 said:

i see, I was mistaken as to Coker's title in Crosby. Thank you for clearing that up, I hate it when I make stupid mistakes like that.

No worries. Hard to keep everyone straight. I know a lot wanted Freeman to take over at Crosby. Pretty sure he is from there

On 5/9/2019 at 1:08 PM, DawgNation2015 said:

As long as said player isn’t a premadona and acts as if he is already playing on Saturday it should work itself out.  He will have to earn trust through actions.  But if said player thinks the rules don’t apply to him and intentionally defies direction from authority - well that is another story altogether.  I don’t know the kid either.  Just saw him as a Soph.  Lots of talent but playing the wrong position IMO.

I'm pretty sure he won't be a qb in college, but what position do you think he should be playing now?

8 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I'm pretty sure he won't be a qb in college, but what position do you think he should be playing now?

In a similar role to what Carthage did with Dixon last year.  Slot receiver, RB, wildcat occasionally , punt returner, etc.  Any place to get him the ball in space in a mismatch. He made some plays at QB because of his athleticism but I believe he would bring more value in another role.  Just my opinion.  Not worth much.

On 5/10/2019 at 9:47 PM, DawgNation2015 said:

In a similar role to what Carthage did with Dixon last year.  Slot receiver, RB, wildcat occasionally , punt returner, etc.  Any place to get him the ball in space in a mismatch. He made some plays at QB because of his athleticism but I believe he would bring more value in another role.  Just my opinion.  Not worth much.

I agree, but QB is probably the best option for their team based on the roster.  You want the ball in the hands of the best athlete as much as possible...no one touches the ball more than the QB (other than the center...lol).  But its obvious he will be at another position in college.

3 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I agree, but QB is probably the best option for their team based on the roster.  You want the ball in the hands of the best athlete as much as possible...no one touches the ball more than the QB (other than the center...lol).  But its obvious he will be at another position in college.

Let’s see what the new HC and staff does with his role.  He may take some snaps at QB in a wildcat/short yardage direct snap package but my bet is he will be lining up all over the field vs QB every snap.

10 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Let’s see what the new HC and staff does with his role.  He may take some snaps at QB in a wildcat/short yardage direct snap package but my bet is he will be lining up all over the field vs QB every snap.

I would think 7 on 7 would be a good indicator.

22 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

I would think 7 on 7 would be a good indicator.

Griffin is playing at RB. That’s where plays on 7/7. We have our spring game Wednesday and playing RB in that one. 

• Thanks 1