Chapel Hill Program

Stankylegg

9 minutes ago, bignasty said:

Don’t work that way.   Would have to reassign him before they can post the job.  He can finish out the year .  Most times if they have 1 year left on the contract they negotiate a buyout .   But if he still holds the AD/HC job title they cannot post a job.   

People STAY AWAY.   Character destruction will occur if you take the job and certain people don’t like how you conduct your business

Gotcha...well one would think something fishy was going on then. 

53 minutes ago, bignasty said:

Don’t work that way.   Would have to reassign him before they can post the job.  He can finish out the year .  Most times if they have 1 year left on the contract they negotiate a buyout .   But if he still holds the AD/HC job title they cannot post a job.   

People STAY AWAY.   Character destruction will occur if you take the job and certain people don’t like how you conduct your business

A few posters on smoaky is enough to destruct a coaches character...   nah.

1 hour ago, KellyLeak said:

Looking at your highlights I found, CHill had some dudes that can play. Typical cop out IMO. They should be more competitive than they have been in the last 2 years. 

Yep, just talk and excuses is what I’ve heard for about 4 years now.  In the spring the coaches are talking about how “this year is going to be the turnaround.”   Then in the fall, “there aren’t enough athletes.”   So you’re telling me you can’t judge athleticism enough to know that you don’t have it back in the spring when all the talk of improvement and a better season was happening?   You lose a few games, the attitudes and body language on the sidelines is a joke, and now all of a sudden there aren’t enough athletes. 

Might as well go ahead and tell the kids that they aren’t athletic enough to compete, so don’t expect to win many games, the playoffs are a far cry, and a state title is so far out of the question, you be more likely to get bitten by a shark, struck by lightning, and win the lottery all in the same day.

If you can’t tell, I’m tired of the “not enough athletes” excuse, and I don’t buy it.

31 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Jimmy and Joes matter as much as Xs and Os....... by the looks of this thread, CH has neither?

True Eagle, but CHill has the Jimmys and Joes. This Insider guy is more than likely someone on staff that is about to get the axe or a friend of someone about to get the axe. The X’s and O’s may have been there too, I’m not familiar with Hooker’s schemes, but the managing of CHill’s kids and their individual siatuations was not. I’ve been around CHill enough to know that if you can get those kids to buy in, you can win games no matter how much you know about football.

1 hour ago, KellyLeak said:

True Eagle, but CHill has the Jimmys and Joes. This Insider guy is more than likely someone on staff that is about to get the axe or a friend of someone about to get the axe. The X’s and O’s may have been there too, I’m not familiar with Hooker’s schemes, but the managing of CHill’s kids and their individual siatuations was not. I’ve been around CHill enough to know that if you can get those kids to buy in, you can win games no matter how much you know about football.

I agree and yes i know one of these posters is a wife of the staff. This staff is full of good men with good character. I think what is lacking is a head strong leader. IMO for whatever reason, ch kids need a in your face, zero tolerance, demand accountability, head strong leader to keep them focused. 

We had the same athletes or more than Van, Crandal,  Kilgore, Palestine, and Bullard but couldn’t turn it into a win besides Bullard which was a good game until halftime. 

1 hour ago, JugLine said:

I agree and yes i know one of these posters is a wife of the staff. This staff is full of good men with good character. I think what is lacking is a head strong leader. IMO for whatever reason, ch kids need a in your face, zero tolerance, demand accountability, head strong leader to keep them focused. 

We had the same athletes or more than Van, Crandal,  Kilgore, Palestine, and Bullard but couldn’t turn it into a win besides Bullard which was a good game until halftime. 

To echo what Jug is saying, I don’t think anyone questions any of the coaching staff’s character as men.   I question the structure of discipline and accountability more than anything else.  I know the kids at CH (I was one), and I know if discipline isn’t a top priority, success won’t happen.  It’s things like Heckle throwing an interception and jerking his chin strap off and waking off the field as the defender runs past him to score a TD, instead of giving his full effort to save the TD and make a tackle.  Or quitting in the spring to only come beg to play again once Griffin leaves for JT/BH. It’s Demus standing on the track getting his picture taken from a fan in the stands while his team is losing by a TD in a playoff implicating game.  It’s Williams taking his helmet off and throwing it to the ground bouncing it 6’ in the air because he’s tired of losing.  In all of these examples and many other instances I personally saw, discipline wasn’t present.   All of these kids are good athletes that are normal kids.  They get frustrated when things aren’t going right, they want to be successful, and they need a staff that puts a premium on attitude and discipline.  I know because I was in their shoes once upon a time.

3 hours ago, bignasty said:

Really love how you use kids names on here.  Really classy.

Yeah, because using a number instead of a name keeps it a secret?  I didn’t say anything fans didn’t see themselves.

Notice the end of my post where I sympathize with them, recognize them as good athletes, normal kids, their desire to be successful, and their need for discipline, and identify with them as being in their shoes years ago.

A 15-18 yo kid is going to make mistakes, and they will make more if they aren’t taught discipline from their authority figure.

Snowflakes snowflakes

Your posts regarding discipline and such may be legit. But unless you are on the inside you may not have all the facts.  People are always quick to jump to conclusions before they get the facts. The “innocent until proven guilty” has now turned into “guilty until proven guilty” in our country.

Malakoff (Driskell) and Crosby ( Riodorn) are guys I know .  Just with the banter on this site it would be enough to keep them from even considering CH.   When Sitton had CH on top of the world all eyes looked East of Tyler.  Not that way anymore.  

48 minutes ago, bignasty said:

Snowflakes snowflakes

Your posts regarding discipline and such may be legit. But unless you are on the inside you may not have all the facts.  People are always quick to jump to conclusions before they get the facts. The “innocent until proven guilty” has now turned into “guilty until proven guilty” in our country.

Malakoff (Driskell) and Crosby ( Riodorn) are guys I know .  Just with the banter on this site it would be enough to keep them from even considering CH.   When Sitton had CH on top of the world all eyes looked East of Tyler.  Not that way anymore.  

I know Driskell too and talk on smoaky behind usernames doesn’t phase him.  If you let a few opinions on a message board effect you, you’re going to have a tough career as a coach.

Facts are discipline was lacking and my opinion is that cost a win or two this year.

23 minutes ago, bignasty said:

Snowflakes snowflakes

Driskell went to Malakoff after they had been 1-19 in 2 years and guys on Smoaky would scare him away from CHill job? 

4 hours ago, bignasty said:

Really love how you use kids names on here.  Really classy.

This is public knowledge. Go to a game and you can witness it for yourself. But yet we can’t discuss. If Hooker was bothered by our comments on here, he should have nightmares about what the general public and school admin see on Friday nights. 

I’m not sure why this job would scare any coach. If they look at the past two years (3-7) and (1-9) then look deeper in the actual talent available and the upcoming 8th and fresh talent, this position could be a resume builder. You go win some games in your first year with some discipline shown, start to fill the stands from record lows and all the sudden you took something from nothing to a positive outlook. Maybe even get out of this killer district soon. A confident coach could make this a incredible resume builder. Of course some of these coaches mentioned (if true) already have a heck of a resume established. 

Using the name of a kid on here in discussing discipline problems/issues IMO is flat out wrong.  Newspapers/ Media outlets refrain from doing it ... yet you think it is ok.

I really could careless about what happens at Chapel Hill.  I have no dog in the fight other than I will defend my brethren.   

This snowflake is going to sit back now and watch you guys pat yourself on the back until you get what you want.  If the job comes open I hope the guy that gets the job has the know how in how to deal with hands on parents.

Bignasty is moving on to the next adventure 

41 minutes ago, bignasty said:

Using the name of a kid on here in discussing discipline problems/issues IMO is flat out wrong.  Newspapers/ Media outlets refrain from doing it ... yet you think it is ok.

I really could careless about what happens at Chapel Hill.  I have no dog in the fight other than I will defend my brethren.   

This snowflake is going to sit back now and watch you guys pat yourself on the back until you get what you want.  If the job comes open I hope the guy that gets the job has the know how in how to deal with hands on parents.

Bignasty is moving on to the next adventure 

Finally, and not a post too soon.   You act like what is written on a message board has the overwhelming effect on reality.

As far as defending brethren (lol), I defended Hooker in the community and on here for a year and a half, but I also know what it takes to win at CH and it ain’t happening with the present mindset.  I don’t want or need a pat on the back, because I’m not a coach or player, so in reality you get the most honest opinion from someone like me.  No bias towards or against a certain kid or coworker.  I only want to see success for the bulldogs.