Longview Lobos (5-0, 1-0) vs Mesquite Horn Jaguars  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2018 at 12:30 AM

9 hours ago, WolverBean said:

Maybe they are peaking later in the year or horn that bad?

I think they're starting to put it together. Sure, Horn being down a bit helps, but I've seen improvement since Week 1. 

No, they're probably not the most talented freshmen to ever come through, but there's raw potential there that can be developed. Longview gonna Longview. 

That's sorta what I've been saying all year, I always thought there was some good individual talent in areas on that team. But they needed to learn how to play together. Taylor at RB, Wallace at CB/WR, Bush at OL/DL... there's some dudes down there that can develop into something for sure. We'll see how the rest of the year goes for them. They play a horrid Heath 9th grade team next week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ANTI said:

That's sorta what I've been saying all year, I always thought there was some good individual talent in areas on that team. But they needed to learn how to play together. Taylor at RB, Wallace at CB/WR, Bush at OL/DL... there's some dudes down there that can develop into something for sure. We'll see how the rest of the year goes for them. They play a horrid Heath 9th grade team next week.

Taylor is going to be very good. He broke one on the first play

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WolverBean said:

Maybe they are peaking later in the year or horn that bad?

This is my thought. You've gotta think.... These kids haven't been running this offense but for a few weeks. I remember when I was a Freshman, we had installed about 8 core plays by the time the season started. And ran those same vanilla plays over and over throughout most of the season. Much easier to do as an option run team.... Every play you run is built off of that same handful of plays. Not sure how it's done now, but I'm 99% sure that the Freshman team isn't running the exact same playbook that our varsity runs, nor are they as polished as the Varsity is. 

1 hour ago, LoboFan80 said:

Taylor is going to be very good. 

I believe it. Judson middle school product.

RB's out of Judson are usually a problem. Remember Meredith came from there too.

Judson also has a fine QB currently in 7th grade.

Foster will produce alot of talent as usual, Forest Park providing those athletic quicksters.

Longview gonna Longview. 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Might not be as easy as you think. Horn is 0-6, but they've played some really good teams. Even Allen barely broke 40 on them, as did Cedar Hill and Rockwall (who we KNOW have good offenses). 

Hayden saying they won't have their starting RB or starting CB in the 1st half. Taylor at RB is a big hole, yikes.