Longview Lobos (5-0, 1-0) vs Mesquite Horn Jaguars  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a close one
    • Mesquite Horn in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2018 at 12:30 AM

17 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

I understand correct we win district,we get home game round 1?

Yes.

And you don't necessarily have to win district to get home 1st round. Just need to be 1 seed in whatever division you're going.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Yes.

And you don't necessarily have to win district to get home 1st round. Just need to be 1 seed in whatever division you're going.

Kind of.

There’s a rule that went into place, that basically just affects 6A now since all the other classes have 1v4 etc, that if you finish as the same standing in your districts, it’s on a neutral field.

Example (but didn’t happen as the rule went into place last year): when Longview finished tied for first in their district but lost the tiebreaker so technically #2 in district but had to travel to West Brook, even they were also #2 in their district. So that would now be a neutral site game. 

Rarely happens and don’t think it happened at all last season in it’s first year of being a rule but yea.

Couple of things..

- This is the first time Longview has faced a winless team this late into the season (week 6 or later) since Oct 30, 2015 when the Lobos took on Sulphur Springs..who sat at 0-8 going into the contest. 
- This is technically just since the 3rd time since 2000 that Longview will face a team 0'fer on the win column this late in the season. Sulphur Springs in 2015, Mount Pleasant in 2014 and Mesquite Horn in 2004 (though Horn was 2-3 when facing the Lobos and had to later forfeit both their wins so technically they went to 0-5). I'm still researching how many we've faced off overall, but as far as I know we have never lost to a 0-5 or worse team in our history. Will update later this week.
- Longview is looking to clinch their 49th winning season in the last 53 years, and would do so with a victory this Friday night. 
- Lobos are also looking to clinch their 81st .500 or better season in the last 96 seasons (since Longview joined the UIL ranks). Nearly 100 years since the Lobos joined their first UIL district, and only 15 times did they not have at least a .500 season overall. That's just incredibly consistency. 
- Longview is looking to clinch their 19th consecutive winning season dating back to 2000.
- Lobos need just three wins to reach 90 wins overall in the decade. They're 10 away from tying the winningest decade in program history at 97, with at least 15 guaranteed games to go (playoffs obviously would increase that). 
- Coach King is three wins away from reaching 160 overall wins as head coach. He's one win away from 80 district victories. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Couple of things..

- This is the first time Longview has faced a winless team this late into the season (week 6 or later) since Oct 30, 2015 when the Lobos took on Sulphur Springs..who sat at 0-8 going into the contest. 
- This is technically just since the 3rd time since 2000 that Longview will face a team 0'fer on the win column this late in the season. Sulphur Springs in 2015, Mount Pleasant in 2014 and Mesquite Horn in 2004 (though Horn was 2-3 when facing the Lobos and had to later forfeit both their wins so technically they went to 0-5). I'm still researching how many we've faced off overall, but as far as I know we have never lost to a 0-5 or worse team in our history. Will update later this week.
- Longview is looking to clinch their 49th winning season in the last 53 years, and would do so with a victory this Friday night. 
- Lobos are also looking to clinch their 81st .500 or better season in the last 96 seasons (since Longview joined the UIL ranks). Nearly 100 years since the Lobos joined their first UIL district, and only 15 times did they not have at least a .500 season overall. That's just incredibly consistency. 
- Longview is looking to clinch their 19th consecutive winning season dating back to 2000.
- Lobos need just three wins to reach 90 wins overall in the decade. They're 10 away from tying the winningest decade in program history at 97, with at least 15 guaranteed games to go (playoffs obviously would increase that). 
- Coach King is three wins away from reaching 160 overall wins as head coach. He's one win away from 80 district victories. 

😮Wow mind blown!!

36 minutes ago, AKA said:

Hey @LoboFan07, I'm not trying to jinx the kid or anything, but I was looking at his season numbers and it made me curious...  where is Haynes currently ranked in school history for passer rating and pass yards per game? 

I’ll let you know on the pass yards per game on Thursday. No way of knowing pass rating lol. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I’ll let you know on the pass yards per game on Thursday. No way of knowing pass rating lol. 

Lol, appreciate it. 

But, y'know, just looking at his td/int ratio (which makes a huge difference in passer rating) I'd say he's up there. 

2 hours ago, AKA said:

But, y'know, just looking at his td/int ratio

I'll at least say this is easy to find...

Just going on top 5 passing TD guys in team history.

Dezmond Chumley finished with 62 touchdowns/17 interceptions.
Haynes King sits at 39 touchdowns thrown so far, and 7 interceptions. 
Carlin Freeman finished with 29 touchdowns/6 or 7 interceptions (had one against JT in 2004, but can't tell if it was Carlin's or the back up)
Aaron Johnson finished with 26 touchdowns/8 interceptions
Joel Armstrong finished with 24 touchdowns/17 interceptions

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ANTI said:

Up until Haynes hit LHS, I considered Caraway the best passing QB we've had no question.

I'll go further when it's all said and done and Haynes is done,we could say not just best qb we have had ,but best player!? Especially if we win state one these two remaining years we have him..