Pleasant Grove @ Carthage (Carthage Homecoming)

DAWG91

Pleasant Grove vs Carthage  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Hawks in a close one
    • Hawks in a blowout
    • Bulldogs in a close one
    • Bulldogs in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2018 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, VDUB said:

You re smoking some good stuff. Last year PG would not only hang but beat The Dawgs! This year is another story we are young and making to many mistakes not hanging onto the ball and penalties. With that said I'm going with pG shocking the world and win by 1!

How could you watch Carthage donkey stomp Kennedale and think PG would beat Carthage last year? You think your boys were going to stop Keaontay Ingram and all those receivers? You think PG’s rushing attack is better than La Vega’s and Kennedale’s from last year? Carthage snuffed out both of those high powered rushing attacks without a problem and I guarantee you PG’s running backs weren’t as talented as the ones from La Vega. 

LV scored several of their touchdowns on hail mary prayers (passes) that we should’ve batted away. Kennedale was completely shutdown all game long, and their first half touchdown was on a blown coverage lucky completion.

Kennedale ran roughshod on Stephenville like it was nothing. Earlier in the year, which to me does mean less, WOS needed OT to beat Kennedale. Carthage manhandled Kennedale with ease.

I know PG was good last year and it was your first state championship team so you’re super proud of them and feel there’s never been anyone better, but that 2017 Carthage team was unstoppable, truly unstoppable. And I do appreciate your enthusiasm and support for your team.

Now, Carthage didn’t have to heavily rely on Ingram or the passing game, but could if needed. Surratt has been doing this for years and can win with different styles as needed or wanted. If he wanted to beat you by throwing it 50 times he could’ve and if he wanted to beat you by running Ingram 35 times he could’ve. PG was and is super dependent on running the football. You’re going to say how well y’all could pass last year and how lethal the passing game was out of your offense. No, Carthage’s passing attack was lethal not PG’s. It may have been a good change of pace and every now and then you’d hit a long play or even a TD with it. Go watch Capps drop bombs to Colbert, D Ingram and Bowens and decide for yourself which passing game you’d have rather had last year.

Rushing attacks, your’s is a system and we had Keaontay Ingram. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Anyhow, PG really was awesome last year and will be really good in the playoffs again this year, but there’s no way in the world PG would’ve beaten Carthage last year.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, VDUB said:

You re smoking some good stuff. Last year PG would not only hang but beat The Dawgs! This year is another story we are young and making to many mistakes not hanging onto the ball and penalties. With that said I'm going with pG shocking the world and win by 1!

Man do you realize what you are saying.  We took kennedale to the woodshed no one was running on our d last year and I can promise you you’d didn’t have enough players on the team to Cover Keontay, Dee Bowen, Colbert , and dewaylon.  That Carthage team last year was the best one ever.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

Man do you realize what you are saying.  We took kennedale to the woodshed no one was running on our d last year and I can promise you you’d didn’t have enough players on the team to Cover Keontay, Dee Bowen, Colbert , and dewaylon.  That Carthage team last year was the best one ever.  

Let’s move on. This is a pointless argument. It’ll never happen. 

9 hours ago, SlingIt said:

C&C is a football GURU! He says things like , Carthage has best offensive line in 4-A , last year Carthage had the best LBers in 4-A . Guessing he has a subscription to Hudl and all he does is study film of ALL 4-A Teams when he is not at HIS CARTHAGE BULLDOGS GAMES  are Surratts house ! 

He wasnt wrong on Carthage having the best LBers in 4a last year.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VDUB said:

Last year?  Nah

Kennedale was one-dimensional, PG's slot-t averaged over 300 yards on the ground in 2017 and sophomore quarterback Ben Harmon threw 28 touchdown passes. Maybe Carthage would have won last year, but the Bulldogs didn't play anyone last season as good as PG. PG would have won the line of scrimmage last year, and their LBs were pretty darn great, too. Still think Hawks would have won last year in close game. Hawks very inexperienced this year and still playing great ball. If they execute on offense this game will be closer than Carthage fans expect. Personally, I think West Orange-Stark would have been neck-and-neck with the Bulldogs.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

14 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Both teams aren’t as good as last year so this is just another game for both. 

13 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Last year Is last year.  This game settles nothing, both will still have trophies at their school.  Game of the week though

Maybe so, but it's still by far the game of week. imo

PG has a kicker that can drill it consistantly from 45 yards. I’ve seen him make from 50 in practice almost daily. He had 3 against Gladewater over 40 in the rain. He’s a real weapon.  

Pleasant grove will score some points, but I’m worried that our defense won’t  be able to stop the Carthage rushing game between the tackles.Our middle defense has been our weakness this entire season thus far.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

PG has a kicker that can drill it consistantly from 45 yards. I’ve seen him make from 50 in practice almost daily. He had 3 against Gladewater over 40 in the rain. He’s a real weapon.  

Pleasant grove will score some points, but I’m worried that our defense won’t  be able to stop the Carthage rushing game between the tackles.Our middle defense has been our weakness this entire season thus far.

Agree the PG kicker is money.  But FG’s against Carthage will be like bringing a knife to a gun fight.  PG will need 7 if they get in the red zone, not 3.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Agree the PG kicker is money.  But FG’s against Carthage will be like bringing a knife to a gun fight.  PG will need 7 if they get in the red zone, not 3.  

Not arguing this point at all. We will need seven every time.Not arguing this point at all. We will need seven every time.

On 9/29/2018 at 6:03 PM, 68Hornet said:

I like Carthage to win, but don't say this decides who would have won last year. Both teams graduated some very good players, particularly Pleasant Grove. It would have been a great game last year, and I would have picked the Hawks.

Now if Carthage of last years Vs PG of last years would of faced I say truthfully Carthage would of won. I'm baseing on Carthage Defense that's made every team hard to run on and plus there number one RB Ingram. Hawks was great in running the ball but they wasn't going run on Carthage defense much.

8 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Kennedale was one-dimensional, PG's slot-t averaged over 300 yards on the ground in 2017 and sophomore quarterback Ben Harmon threw 28 touchdown passes. Maybe Carthage would have won last year, but the Bulldogs didn't play anyone last season as good as PG. PG would have won the line of scrimmage last year, and their LBs were pretty darn great, too. Still think Hawks would have won last year in close game. Hawks very inexperienced this year and still playing great ball. If they execute on offense this game will be closer than Carthage fans expect. Personally, I think West Orange-Stark would have been neck-and-neck with the Bulldogs.

Lol

Okay..., okay!  Last year was last year, and not everybody will ever agree as to what "would've" happened.  I think a game between these two teams last season would've been one for the ages.  Oh, well.  Both earned their trophy, and nobody can take that away.

This season, Carthage will win..., and win handily, in my opinion.  Maybe not a complete blowout, but a comfortable win nonetheless.  Carthage seems to be playing on a different level than other 4A teams in East Texas right now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

How could you watch Carthage donkey stomp Kennedale and think PG would beat Carthage last year? You think your boys were going to stop Keaontay Ingram and all those receivers? You think PG’s rushing attack is better than La Vega’s and Kennedale’s from last year? Carthage snuffed out both of those high powered rushing attacks without a problem and I guarantee you PG’s running backs weren’t as talented as the ones from La Vega. 

LV scored several of their touchdowns on hail mary prayers (passes) that we should’ve batted away. Kennedale was completely shutdown all game long, and their first half touchdown was on a blown coverage lucky completion.

Kennedale ran roughshod on Stephenville like it was nothing. Earlier in the year, which to me does mean less, WOS needed OT to beat Kennedale. Carthage manhandled Kennedale with ease.

I know PG was good last year and it was your first state championship team so you’re super proud of them and feel there’s never been anyone better, but that 2017 Carthage team was unstoppable, truly unstoppable. And I do appreciate your enthusiasm and support for your team.

Now, Carthage didn’t have to heavily rely on Ingram or the passing game, but could if needed. Surratt has been doing this for years and can win with different styles as needed or wanted. If he wanted to beat you by throwing it 50 times he could’ve and if he wanted to beat you by running Ingram 35 times he could’ve. PG was and is super dependent on running the football. You’re going to say how well y’all could pass last year and how lethal the passing game was out of your offense. No, Carthage’s passing attack was lethal not PG’s. It may have been a good change of pace and every now and then you’d hit a long play or even a TD with it. Go watch Capps drop bombs to Colbert, D Ingram and Bowens and decide for yourself which passing game you’d have rather had last year.

Rushing attacks, your’s is a system and we had Keaontay Ingram. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Anyhow, PG really was awesome last year and will be really good in the playoffs again this year, but there’s no way in the world PG would’ve beaten Carthage last year.

Sorry to interrupt, nicely spoken and yes the La Vega RB of last Years was better then PG of last year, yes you brought that to the point. No disrespect,PG y'all a great team but some of PG fan, has so much Arrogance just from one, first ever State title from last years, now you think you can take on everybody including King Kong lol.

On 9/29/2018 at 2:34 PM, DAWG91 said:

And where's that nonothing guy who said PG is gonna smoke everybody they play.  Wonder if he's still singing that same tune?🤔

I've got more fun stuff to do on the weekends nowadays :) I said they would smoke everybody they played last year...and I was right. Never said that this year. I don't think it is likely PG will win Friday but I believe they can do it.

On 9/29/2018 at 1:51 PM, Crawford said:

Wow, both last season champs go head to head, to settle who is the sole 4A champion

Got to go with Bulldogs

Not the same. Settles nothing.

On 9/29/2018 at 8:01 PM, cowboyandchrist said:

You would have lost, the Dawgs could run and pass on anyone. PG would have done the same thing every other team tried. You had no one in the secondary that could keep up with all three of the Dawg receivers and if drop your linebackers, K Ingram was unstoppable. Dawgs win that game by 21. 

This week Dawgs win by 21. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

I pray for no injuries and safe travels. 

The reason PG won so much was because they didn't do the same thing every other team did. Secondary was fine, ya'll wouldn't of had time to do anything. Rb wouldn't get past our LBs. Your logic is flawed. Ya'll would have been sad sad cry cry.

20 hours ago, SlingIt said:

C&C is a football GURU! He says things like , Carthage has best offensive line in 4-A , last year Carthage had the best LBers in 4-A . Guessing he has a subscription to Hudl and all he does is study film of ALL 4-A Teams when he is not at HIS CARTHAGE BULLDOGS GAMES  are Surratts house ! 

Oh...I thought it was a woman all these years...I read his names as cowboys and christ. Imagined an old hick hottie...now I feel kinda gross.

18 hours ago, VDUB said:

As far as last year goes. I always said Carthage was a great team. PG was a team of destiny, Carthage a team of habit. Destiny beats habit every time.

For this week....ain't nobody scared of the invincible supreme master of the universe Carthage. Folks on high horses are meant to be knocked down. No doubt, Carthage is a great team this year, PG still has some skill and surprises. This will definitely be a hard fought match up and neither team will give up until the final whistle. Carthage's coaching staff are well knowledged and obviously know how to win, PGs coaching staff is sneaky, smart, and can find all the little chinks in another teams armor, it's up to the players to make it happen. I know PG winning isn't likely, but I believe it's possible.