Pleasant Grove @ Carthage (Carthage Homecoming)

DAWG91

Pleasant Grove vs Carthage  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Hawks in a close one
    • Hawks in a blowout
    • Bulldogs in a close one
    • Bulldogs in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2018 at 12:30 AM

On 10/1/2018 at 6:01 AM, DawgNation2015 said:

Agree the PG kicker is money.  But FG’s against Carthage will be like bringing a knife to a gun fight.  PG will need 7 if they get in the red zone, not 3.  

He is hitting FGs from outside the Red Zone, so we can still get the TDs from inside the 20.

From between the 30-20 is where coaches dream of Having a kicker like Dillon.

On 10/1/2018 at 8:22 AM, LionKing12172920 said:

Sorry to interrupt, nicely spoken and yes the La Vega RB of last Years was better then PG of last year, yes you brought that to the point. No disrespect,PG y'all a great team but some of PG fan, has so much Arrogance just from one, first ever State title from last years, now you think you can take on everybody including King Kong lol.

Not King Kong, but maybe the Lion King.

🤣

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Dawgs by 21

K Dixon and the receivering core have big night after running the ball pulling linebackers and safeties up to help stop the run  

if the D line starters are back, the PG run game gets slowed down  

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

If you watch the Gladewater game you'll see that the Bears took away the Hawks passing game. They kept 2 safeties back and relied on their front to stop the run. The result was that PG gained 415 yrds on the ground. The passing game was shut down. On 2 plays that the Hawks tried to pass it resulted in 10 points for the Bears. Ben had nowhere to go with the ball and was flushed out of the pocket on every single pass play. The Bears never came up to stop the run. If they would have then I believe PG receivers would have had some big plays. Carthage is not Gladewater but I would bet that the Bulldogs will rely on their front to stop the run and play cover 2. PG still is a team that can run and throw. WOS game planned the run in the title game. It shut down the run but the Hawks torched them in the air. When facing a 2 dimension offense you have to game plan for what gives the defense the best opportunity to stop the offense. Gladewater saw it was to keep the passing attack minimized and rely on the front to stop the run. I expect Carthage to do the same.

On 10/1/2018 at 8:22 AM, LionKing12172920 said:

Sorry to interrupt, nicely spoken and yes the La Vega RB of last Years was better then PG of last year, yes you brought that to the point. No disrespect,PG y'all a great team but some of PG fan, has so much Arrogance just from one, first ever State title from last years, now you think you can take on everybody including King Kong lol.

Yeah? Where is he playing this weekend? 

1 hour ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Gibson is an elite level coach. He took a school that was at the bottom and in his first year made the playoffs. His teams got better every year and in 4 years went undefeated and won state. This speaks for itself. Nobody ever heard of PG Before he got there. We are lucky to have a coach like him and my son is blessed to play for a coach and staff like he has. Players love him and play their hearts out. If he stays, I believe we can get to a respect level like carthage. 

Gibson has truly been a blessing but lets not overlook the special talent these kids have been. He continually refers to how these kids dominated in Middle school. As Parcells would say "he had the groceries"  and he did a heck of a job cooking the meal. Gibsons staff deserves a lot of credit. Coach Morris was one of my coaches I can certainly attest to his mentorship and passion for his profession. I am becoming more familiar with Thomas, but he seems to be the right replacement for Easterly who is as good as they come. Fincher is very respected by the kids and is a great role model and a very knowledgeable athlete. This whole team of coaching staff is special and deserves credit. It starts with Gibson who certainly sets the standards and holds his staff and kids to those standards. HEART AND SOUL!

Haha that reminds me several years back i went to new orleans with my boss who was around 70 yrs old but acted like a teenager. We were attending a convention.  We strolled a bit too far down bourbon street and found this bar.  We took one step inside and boss was like "uhh whats this?" I told him you dont wanna know and turned us both around and got out of there.  Lol i'll never forget that.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

34 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Gibson has truly been a blessing but lets not overlook the special talent these kids have been. He continually refers to how these kids dominated in Middle school. As Parcells would say "he had the groceries"  and he did a heck of a job cooking the meal. Gibsons staff deserves a lot of credit. Coach Morris was one of my coaches I can certainly attest to his mentorship and passion for his profession. I am becoming more familiar with Thomas, but he seems to be the right replacement for Easterly who is as good as they come. Fincher is very respected by the kids and is a great role model and a very knowledgeable athlete. This whole team of coaching staff is special and deserves credit. It starts with Gibson who certainly sets the standards and holds his staff and kids to those standards. HEART AND SOUL!

+1

Lot's of good minds on that staff...and those ingredients were top notch. PG still has good ingredients...maybe not farm raised, free range, organic, non-gmo, free trade ingredients but...ya know.

31 minutes ago, Nonothing said:

+1

Lot's of good minds on that staff...and those ingredients were top notch. PG still has good ingredients...maybe not farm raised, free range, organic, non-gmo, free trade ingredients but...ya know.

Just not aged to perfection yet. LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, futfan said:

He is hitting FGs from outside the Red Zone, so we can still get the TDs from inside the 20.

From between the 30-20 is where coaches dream of Having a kicker like Dillon.

I agree to a certain extent.  In this game if you fail to get 7 points when you get inside the 30 PG will lose.

8 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

If you watch the Gladewater game you'll see that the Bears took away the Hawks passing game. They kept 2 safeties back and relied on their front to stop the run. The result was that PG gained 415 yrds on the ground. The passing game was shut down. On 2 plays that the Hawks tried to pass it resulted in 10 points for the Bears. Ben had nowhere to go with the ball and was flushed out of the pocket on every single pass play. The Bears never came up to stop the run. If they would have then I believe PG receivers would have had some big plays. Carthage is not Gladewater but I would bet that the Bulldogs will rely on their front to stop the run and play cover 2. PG still is a team that can run and throw. WOS game planned the run in the title game. It shut down the run but the Hawks torched them in the air. When facing a 2 dimension offense you have to game plan for what gives the defense the best opportunity to stop the offense. Gladewater saw it was to keep the passing attack minimized and rely on the front to stop the run. I expect Carthage to do the same.

Yes you read the game plan well.if the coaches can keep a game plan like that, who knows.

Carthage going to go to their jumbo package 80-90% of the time, wedge block, and run the ball...………..Going to try to shorten the game(less plays) and try to get no one hurt before district/Van next week...……………..I change my score to Dawgs 14 - 7

• LOL! 1

8 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Carthage front 4 is quite a bit better than GW’s front four.  The DE’s can run down your inside wing counter from the backside.

On September 29, 2018 at 7:50 PM, Hawkguy888 said:

If we can elimainate turnovers, then it’ll be close. Real close. 

I saw the Gladewater game. I agree that if PG is gonna have a chance, they can't have any turnovers. When they don't turn it over they are hard to stop. 

Classy quote from Coach Gibson...

Gibson says, "Carthage has THE best football program in the state of Texas at any level. What we accomplished here at PG last year was special, but Carthage has done it six times in the last ten years.  They play the game almost flawlessly with great belief, discipline and intensity.  That's what makes them so special."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Stinks 1