Pleasant Grove @ Carthage (Carthage Homecoming)

DAWG91

Pleasant Grove vs Carthage  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Hawks in a close one
    • Hawks in a blowout
    • Bulldogs in a close one
    • Bulldogs in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2018 at 12:30 AM

3 minutes ago, 68Hornet said:

Pleasant Grove qb Ben Harmon is a stud and I'd take him over Marshall qb in a minute. Marshall qb is incredible, too.

Harmon is a gamer and runs the PG offense very effectively.  He does his job well.  He would probably be successful as a corner or safety too.  It is debatable if he would have the same effectiveness at the QB position in a different offensive scheme though.  My only critique of Harmon is he has a tendency to be loose with the ball in scramble mode.  This was a huge factor in the PG loss to GW two weeks ago.  Green is a dynamic dual threat QB at Marshall.  Good size, big arm and exceptional vision and speed.  Those are the reasons why Nebraska and Ole’ Miss have offered him.

21 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Heritage has made their name putting up loots of points on teams that aren't very good.  I'm not sold on them.

We played them in the finals of 7 on 7 (yeah, i know it's not real football) they are arrogant and talk major trash. I'm glad La Vega smoked em.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PGHAWKS said:

We played them in the finals of 7 on 7 (yeah, i know it's not real football) they are arrogant and talk major trash. I'm glad La Vega smoked em.

I’m glad too! I’m not a fan of arrogance. Let the scoreboard talk.

OK, so Gilmer who has historically never focused on defense and just tried to score more than the other guy, and Jacksonville who I don't know much about but I would wager their defense is not very effective.

PGs defense is pretty solid and I do not think anyone will score at will on the Hawks D. Sure, RBs will get past the line this year but everyone behind them will pick up the slack. Similar to two years ago when the defense had to play tough to keep them in the game, it will be up to the offense to take advantage of the sure to be rare opportunities the D gives them. Also, the D has to make plays, force turnovers, and hurry that QB up. If they can get pressure, the Hawks D will continue to rack up INTs.

The offense....can't turn the ball over.

• LOL! 1

I'll be in Carthage tomorrow!!! Can't wait to see some football. I know everyone probably thinks its gonna be a Bulldog blowout, But for me id rather not because im driving 2 1/2 hour drive to see the game.  Id like to see atleast 3 quarters of good close football. Maybe I can leave in the mid 4th with good lead in the game.

19 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Carthage fan posting about unfairly great athletes LoL. Bet if he was in Panola county would be all good.

No you miss understood me I thought it was awesome.  I was kidding he was fun to watch but on a serious note he could play on Friday right now.