Thoughts On Old School Versus New School Coaching

Stoney

1 hour ago, LCM said:

That's how I was Coached by Jeff Harrell. I agree with it.

I’ve had my face mask grabbed and readjusted along with my attitude more than once growing up. When you have people who have never played, don’t know the dynamics between a coach and his players, who can make something look bad on the field and try to place it off the field situations, that’s where things get messed up. 

9 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

I actually agree that my generation is softer than my parents generation. They grew up during the depression, then WW2. My dad worked on the farm during that era and as soon as he graduated high school joined the marines and was sent to Guam. He never let anything bother him and was the most optimistic person I ever knew. Never complained. I couldn't hold a candle to his level of toughness. Then there's today where everyone gets all bent out of shape over something like a coach grabbing a face mask. It just seems to get worse. Not saying every individual today is soft but society in general is. We really all could learn to not complain so much. Just my opinion. Everyone's entitled to their own of course.

Our generation I guess was the guinea pigs for this whole kumbaya, everybody’s a winner political correctness bull that has been fully indoctrinated into these college and younger kids. Some times a face mask grab is needed. Some times it’s not. 

• Thanks 1