DB2point0

Red River Shootout   

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bevo
    • That team from across the river

9 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas is the better team!ย 

Texas got lazy late on defense and penalties on offense gave the ball back to OU but the offense came back and won the game.ย 

Texas was definately the more physical team.

Anybody have Texas 5-1 at this point?

Pretty good chance an undefeated WV comes to Austin to play a 1 loss Texas.ย  I'd say Gameday would be in Austin but LSU vs. Bama' is that week.

• Like 1

Just now, Red90fly said:

Texas was definately the more physical team.

Anybody have Texas 5-1 at this point?

Pretty good chance an undefeated WV comes to Austin to play a 1 loss Texas.ย  I'd say Gameday would be in Austin but LSU vs. Bama' is that week.

I sure as heck didn't. After the Maryland game many had them going 1-5. Huge improvements week to week.

8 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Shhhh. Either way they're not putting up those numbers on Georgia this year.ย 

Iโ€™m not worried about Oklahoma being able to score. They can score on anyone.

They lost to Georgia for the same reason they lost today. The defense.

Texas pulled the same #### on defense last week against K-State with the man under 2 deep look. Why in the world would you turn your backs to a QB like Murray?ย 

This game shows how we still struggle with some knowledge of football strategy. Our outside WRs run right down the sidelines when running a go route. Easier for the DB to cover and usually out of bounds...even if we catch it. Also throwing the ball away when OU has only 1 TO remaining on the 3rd down scramble. Just go down for the loss and punt. Either 45 seconds go off the clock or OU calls their last time out. Both are better than having a few yards and stopping the clock. Last, chill with the rugby punts for now. Punt that damn ball to force a fair catch. 22 yard punts ####!

Rant over... Hook'Em!

35 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas is the better team!ย 

Texas got lazy late on defense and penalties on offense gave the ball back to OU but the offense came back and won the game.ย 

I havenโ€™t watched it, but it sounded like they were throwing a lot more than they shouldโ€™ve with a 21 pt lead

• Stinks 1

53 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

That PI call was so terrible.

All he has to do is turn his head a little and that PI never gets called. To much contact for not turning head back. As a defensive coach I don't like but been that way for awhile.

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I havenโ€™t watched it, but it sounded like they were throwing a lot more than they shouldโ€™ve with a 21 pt lead

Not really, Texas had 2 holding penalties that caused a 3&out on one 4th quarter drive and a holding call that stall another 4th quarter drive. OU scores very quickly when you play prevent on defense and that let them back in the game.ย 

Texas dominated the game through 3 quarters and finished the game when it needed too.ย 

Keaontay is going to be special. He is very close to breaking loose. Once he breaks that 1st long TD, I think itโ€™s on. This offense is finding Ann identity. I think they will only get better as the year goes. Texas in the drives seat on the B12. Still not sold on Herman. I think his players bailed him and the staff out of an embarrassing loss.ย 

Texas freshman class is ridiculous. I donโ€™t know about all the other programs in the country, but I would imagine they areย one of the most productive classes in the country. Will be fun to watch in a couple years. Another class like that this year, and Texas will be in the hunt the CFP. Hopefully Herman will get some better coordinators by then.

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Texas freshman class is ridiculous. I donโ€™t know about all the other programs in the country, but I would imagine they areย one of the most productive classes in the country. Will be fun to watch in a couple years. Another class like that this year, and Texas will be in the hunt the CFP. Hopefully Herman will get some better coordinators by then.

I think that I can speak for Sooner fans everywhere that I'd trade Mike Stoops for Orlando in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

BAMA is crazy good in their freshman class. It don't take much "research" to figure that out. Was the Texas-OU game the first FBS game you have watched?

OU IMO are not physical on D. Plus, it doesn't help they run hurry up and have very little depth. JMO!

#firestoops

10 minutes ago, DTrump said:

BAMA is crazy good in their freshman class. It don't take much "research" to figure that out. Was the Texas-OU game the first FBS game you have watched?

OU IMO are not physical on D. Plus, it doesn't help they run hurry up and have very little depth. JMO!

#firestoops

Yea I would figure Bama has a productive freshman class. I mean they have the #1 class most years.ย I know they have quite a few fish on the depth chart. Just stating the fact Texas has an unusual amount of freshman being so productive so early.ย 

5 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Yea I would figure Bama has a productive freshman class. I mean they have the #1 class most years.ย I know they have quite a few fish on the depth chart. Just stating the fact Texas has an unusual amount of freshman being so productive so early.ย 

I'm just glad Texas is able to start red shirting linemen now.

3 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Keaontay is going to be special. He is very close to breaking loose. Once he breaks that 1st long TD, I think itโ€™s on. This offense is finding Ann identity. I think they will only get better as the year goes. Texas in the drives seat on the B12. Still not sold on Herman. I think his players bailed him and the staff out of an embarrassing loss.ย 

Glad I can finally root for Ingram. He dealt me a lot of misery at Carthage lol.