La Vega (3-2) vs Liberty Eylau (1-4)

BigFanOf22

16 minutes ago, coachkells said:

How does this game shape up?  

Will LE be able to stop the run game of LV?

Does LE have anything for LV in this one? 

LV smokes LE.

No.

No.

Poor LE always has some good athletes, but the defense is always leaky at best and if they get off their game they’re done.

I think your backup QB should be the starter.

49 minutes ago, coachkells said:

How does this game shape up?  

Will LE be able to stop the run game of LV?

Does LE have anything for LV in this one? 

LE is running the gauntlet this year! Carthage, Argyle, & LaVega??? Folks better look out ! LE seems to understand that “To Be the Best, First you must Beat the Best” Somebody’s up to something......😜

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

LE is running the gauntlet this year! Carthage, Argyle, & LaVega??? Folks better look out ! LE seems to understand that “To Be the Best, First you must Beat the Best” Somebody’s up to something......😜

I mean, Who signs up For an azz kickin’ every week?

8 minutes ago, coachkells said:

What is up with LE this year?  They seem to have talent all over the field. 

One L-E poster said they had 7 guys out with injuries last week...………...If that was 7 starters, they could make a big difference for a 4A school

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Maybe, but they just finished getting beaten by the top 2 spots in the state in 4A & playing #3 this Friday.... Somebody’s got plans, if I’m reading the tea leaves correctly.

Is L-E 4a D1 or D2? What district are they in?

20 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Kinda suprised Vega is 3-2 . I understand Arygle and it was close but what about the other? 

They also lost to 5a Austin LBJ (3-1) 20-17 LV turned the ball over on 3 straight positions on the positive side of the field, and I think 4 time total. Mistakes a young team makes on a rain soaked night.  LV moved the ball at will just couldn't cash in.  

Don't remember Carthage kicking L-E's butt this year. If I remember right L-E was leading in third quarter. Three turnovers in two minutes resulted in three Carthage touchdowns, which is the mark of a great team. L-E came back to score two TDs against some backups. L-E's problem this year has been injuries because they have very little depth. By the way it was L-E's second-teamers that scored on Carthage's backups. If L-E doesn't get healthy they might not beat Spring Hill and finish last in their district, because Pittsburg may be the team to beat, and we should all know Gilmer and Pleasant Grove will be up there.

Injuries to key starters and lack of depth will always be a problem in this game, but especially at this classification level against top ranked opponents that are reasonably healthy and have more depth.  A team may be able to overcome one of two injuries to key starters or skill players and still be very competitive even against top ranked opponents.....but when the injuries mount to any more than that......it becomes very difficult for the team to fill those voids and stay competitive against very good opponents.

Bonecrushr say L-E has nothing for LaVega. That might be proven right this week, but even with several starters out L-E will be one of the most athletic teams LaVega will play. L-E scored 28 on Carthage, and I'd take the Bulldogs over LaVega 10 times in 10 games. Like LaVega, L-E has great football tradition, winning two state titles since 1999, and going four rounds deep several times. I will admit I've not seen L-E's numbers down like this before, and with several injured they're playing more kids both ways which will always spell problems in 4A and up. Twenty years ago L-E was in 5A with Texas High, Mount Pleasant, Sulphur Springs and others.

7 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Bonecrushr say L-E has nothing for LaVega. That might be proven right this week, but even with several starters out L-E will be one of the most athletic teams LaVega will play. L-E scored 28 on Carthage, and I'd take the Bulldogs over LaVega 10 times in 10 games. Like LaVega, L-E has great football tradition, winning two state titles since 1999, and going four rounds deep several times. I will admit I've not seen L-E's numbers down like this before, and with several injured they're playing more kids both ways which will always spell problems in 4A and up. Twenty years ago L-E was in 5A with Texas High, Mount Pleasant, Sulphur Springs and others.

La Vega defense is way better the you think. #4 Midlothian Heritage came in averaging 34.5 points per game La Vega shut them out in the second half and the defense only gave up 14 total in the game, 4 of the 18 point give up were due to special teams.  A returned, blocked extra point and a safety on the punt snap that went over the head of the punter. L-E might score 14 in this game.  La Vega will be the most athletic team L-E will see too.  This La Vega team might already be better then last years and they are only getting better.  

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1