La Vega (3-2) vs Liberty Eylau (1-4)

BigFanOf22

On 10/1/2018 at 11:35 AM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Well, Carthage does. We try to get our butts kicked as much as possible before district.

Carthage schedule doesn't look as tough as it did at the beginning of the year the 4 teams they have played this year are a combined 6-12.  

3 hours ago, coachkells said:

Carthage schedule doesn't look as tough as it did at the beginning of the year the 4 teams they have played this year are a combined 6-12.  

4 of those losses are to Carthage...

Marshall's other loss is to Longview, who is pretty darn good.

Jacksonville lost two close games, but they probably arent very good.

Gilmer lost a close one to Paris, and then lost to a power in Newton.

You can see what LE is about this week.

Also, Carthage destroyed Gilmer and Jacksonville.  LE was played in bad weather, and Carthage was sloppy.

1 minute ago, JBizzle said:

Also, Carthage destroyed Gilmer and Jacksonville.  LE was played in bad weather, and Carthage was sloppy.

So that makes them 6-8,  La Vega Opposition is a combined 15-3 with the LV games taken out of the mix and 17-6 overall.  La Vega destroyed Midlothian Heritage #3 team in the state at the time.  Say what you will Carthage schedule hasn't really been all that tough, not saying Carthage isn't good just the schedule isn't what it used to be.  PG will be the first real test for Carthage. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Carthage was sloppy is right, but L-E was leading 13-7 in third quarter when they turned the ball over three times in two minutes. L-E finished with six turnovers in that game and lost 40-28.

On 10/3/2018 at 1:15 AM, 68Hornet said:

Bonecrushr say L-E has nothing for LaVega. That might be proven right this week, but even with several starters out L-E will be one of the most athletic teams LaVega will play. L-E scored 28 on Carthage, and I'd take the Bulldogs over LaVega 10 times in 10 games. Like LaVega, L-E has great football tradition, winning two state titles since 1999, and going four rounds deep several times. I will admit I've not seen L-E's numbers down like this before, and with several injured they're playing more kids both ways which will always spell problems in 4A and up. Twenty years ago L-E was in 5A with Texas High, Mount Pleasant, Sulphur Springs and others.

Nah , 20 yrs ago, LE was 3A. If I'm not mistaken,  they won state in 99 and 06 or 07 as 3A. I believe since the 90's they were 4A and dropped to 3A in the late 90's and back to 4A in the late 2000's

I would be surprised if L-E scores more than 14 pts. against LV.  I will not be surprised to see LV score 40+ points in this game.  That's the difference between these two teams this season......at least 3 TD's and even more if LV wants to play their starters all the way. But they won't......they have lots of talented young players on the bench that they regularly sub into their games.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeffersondogs96 said:

Nah , 20 yrs ago, LE was 3A. If I'm not mistaken,  they won state in 99 and 06 or 07 as 3A. I believe since the 90's they were 4A and dropped to 3A in the late 90's and back to 4A in the late 2000's

20 years ago L-E was 4A (my mistake). There was no 6A. But L-E was in district with Texas High, Mount Pleasant, Sulphur Springs and others. They dropped to 3A in 1998 (4A today) and went to regional final, losing to Aledo. In 1999 they whipped Aledo on the way to title, beating Mathis in final 49-6.

• Like 1