1971   ...   5'9" 165    ...   QB/TB/DB

2016   ...   5'8"  228    ...   TB/MLB

2018    ... 5-8"  205    ...   TB/MLB/HC 

Will be 65 in January 2019   ...   Medicare/Tricare

Dang Kirt you just missed out on the leather helmet years 🤪

• LOL! 3

25 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

Dang Kirt you just missed out on the leather helmet years 🤪

The helmets in those days were not nearly as good as the modern helmets.  In Jr High we had what we called eggshell helmets with the straps inside without much padding and they had simple face masks.  By the time I got to High School our helmets had the foam padding inside.  I had a cage face mask with a bar down the middle.  I cracked a couple of helmets my last two years in HS and got a pretty bad concussion and a compression fracture in my neck half way through my senior season.  I played the last four games with a padded neck roll not realizing how bad I had hurt my neck.  I dug out a newspaper clipping of our last game of the season against Joaquin in 1971 ... I had 31 carries for 165 yards and one TD ...  

Edited by KirtFalcon

Graduated Carthage High School in 1999.

Played cornerback in 8th grade football at 5’5” and 85 pounds. Time for freshman football and I’d not grown a lick. I graduated high school at about 5’9” and 150 pounds. Did not play high school football.

I’m now 5’11” and change - 6’ and 195 pounds. I saw someone earlier saying their cousin wished he were his size now in high school, ME TOO!!!

Halfway hacked off about it!  😠

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

The helmets in those days were not nearly as good as the modern helmets.  In Jr High we had what we called eggshell helmets with the straps inside without much padding and they had simple face masks.  By the time I got to High School our helmets had the foam padding inside.  I had a cage face mask with a bar down the middle.  I cracked a couple of helmets my last two years in HS and got a pretty bad concussion and a compression fracture in my neck half way through my senior season.  I played the last four games with a padded neck roll not realizing how bad I had hurt my neck.  I dug out a newspaper clipping of our last game of the season against Joaquin in 1971 ... I had 31 carries for 165 yards and one TD ...  

I would try to lie and say I remember that game vs. Joaquin, but I wouldn’t be born for almost another year! 

My last game in hs ,we had the eventual sc team down by 14 and driving when i stepped tween shifting d-tackle who was in the gap  and defensive end who was in 4point stance over the right tackle for some reason.knee/leg snapped so loud that momma said she couldn’t tell if it was kindling wood or me screaming like a byatch,she tol me this on the way home from the hospital after she spit tobacco juice out the pickup winder. Tru up .

as a side note,I still hate riding in a pickup with the window down ...js 

• LOL! 1

Crandall High School 

Graduated 1994

5 FT 4 inches 140 lbs of skin and bones

Played 7th and 8th grade only you can see why!!

Hit my growth spurt my senior year in high school.....I am 42

I am now

6ft. 1inches tall and weigh 215Lbs........What I wouldn't give to have had this size in high school!!! 

11 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Joaquin High School Class of ‘91

Wore #82 played TE/ DE and special teams at 6’1” 180#. 

May age 45, 6’1” 220#. 

Am I the only one who has noticed that no one seems to LOSE weight after high school? 

West High School '13

Played RG at 6'0 238

23 now 6'0 210..Became a workout junkie when it mattered the least lol 

I agree....I wish I had my size now back in high school. BUT, I wish now I was IN SHAPE like I was in high school. In my playing days, since I rarely left the field, I was in the BEST shape ever in my life. Even better shape than when I was in the Army. 

5’10” 156lbs soak and wet and 16yrs old as a senior. Ran wishbone option from 7th-12th as QB. Couldn’t throw a tight end hot pass my sophomore year or we would’ve been super dangerous. My senior year I ran for 1200 and threw for 1000. That was alot back in 1994. Now I am 5’11” 185lb and a full blood love machine. I have 3 boys that I am teaching all my old tricks and they hold their own pretty well on the ball field.

On 10/1/2018 at 7:05 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Paul Pewitt Brahmas ‘95,’96,’97

LT on both sides #53

then 6’1” 220lbs

now 6’1” 270lbs 38 years old

I'm sure I played against you. I finished in '96 but '95 was my senior yr of football. We lost to Pewitt 13-8 I believe on a last sec pass from Green to the very tall reciever that graduated in "96

On 10/1/2018 at 7:05 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Paul Pewitt Brahmas ‘95,’96,’97

LT on both sides #53

then 6’1” 220lbs

now 6’1” 270lbs 38 years old

I'm sure I played against you. I finished in '96 but '95 was my senior yr of football. We lost to Pewitt 13-8 I believe on a last sec pass from Green to the very tall reciever that graduated in "96

Graduated in 1996 from Jefferson high school

Played 3 yrs varsity '93,'94 and '95

Played tight end and defensive end from 7th to 12 grade. 

6'0 230 lbs my senior 

6'0 255 lbs 22 yrs later

Best hit came in a scrimmage in Tatum in '95. 1st play of live action. I nailed Ken Shelton. Hit and lifted him about 6ft and drilled him into the ground. Then the ever so quick Charles Sammons went to work on us.

Hardest I've ever been hit was from Brian Smith of Tatum when we were Freshman. Went on a short seam route and big ole tall Brian knocked snot outta my nose and spun my helmet completely around lol. They beat us 6-0.