The Smoakhouse Forums

You...Then & Now

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Am I the only one who has noticed that no one seems to LOSE weight after high school? 

I'm lower than when I played (only because of a recent diet I've been on for the last few months). At one point after college I was over 300lbs despite only being 235 when playing. That was zero fun. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope you’re talking about an Internet team. 

No I’ve got him as class of ‘46. 

'O4 New Caney Eagles. Second seed on our B Team tennis. 5'4".Wore size 6 1/2 Reebocks, weighed 109 with 24 inch waist. Now I wear size 7 1/2 Justin work boot. Weigh nearly 145 pounds, 28" waist. Nobod

Posted Images

Jax class of 94.                              6'5 320 left guard.                              Navarro jr coll 94-95.                          Today 6'5 285

Y'know, we oughta create an All-Smoaky Team. Once we get enough folks to participate in this thread, we should be able to field a team.   :D 

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, AKA said:

Overton High, 1995
QB, FB, TE, LB, Deep snapper on punts 
6'2" 195lbs

Ashland College, 1995-96
QB/TE
6'2" 210lbs

Univ. of Oklahoma (rugby), 2002-05
Forward
6'2" 235lbs

St. John's College (rugby), 2007-09
Forward/Centre
6'2" 235lbs

Today: 6'2" 250lbs

You know Lance Lawless?

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

Lol, my cousin. He's a nut

Hahaha, he was Overton's version of Vanilla Ice back in the day. Crazy speed and hops for a white boy tho.  :D 

Just now, AKA said:

Hahaha, he was Overton's version of Vanilla Ice back in the day. Crazy speed and hops for a white boy tho.  :D 

Yeah, he could fly lol. He's swole up now....on the weight room kick lol.

Just now, Eagle8 said:

Yeah, he could fly lol. He's swole up now....on the weight room kick lol.

He was team captain and a two-way starter (WR/CB) on our Alumni team a coupla years back. 

dWvmYPh.jpg

I swear, he must've said, "I wish I was this big in high school!" about a dozen times.  :D 

1 minute ago, AKA said:

He was team captain and a two-way starter (WR/CB) on our Alumni team a coupla years back. 

dWvmYPh.jpg

I swear, he must've said, "I wish I was this big in high school!" about a dozen times.  :D 

Lol he's way bigger than that now. I came and watched one of those alumni games a few years back. Watched somebody tear something in a knee lol.

57 minutes ago, AKA said:

Y'know, we oughta create an All-Smoaky Team. Once we get enough folks to participate in this thread, we should be able to field a team.   :D 

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Of course, of course! A totally Internet team. 

Ain't none of us needs to get out there and bash heads. We all gotta preserve what few brain cells we've got left. 

1 hour ago, AKA said:

Of course, of course! A totally Internet team. 

Ain't none of us needs to get out there and bash heads. We all gotta preserve what few brain cells we've got left. 

Of course, if Doomer is in charge of the water cooler, all bets are off. 

• Haha 3

Garrison Class of 92’ 

last played 1989.  #43 I think or #88. 

WR/TE  5’11- 145 

now 44 years old 6’0 210 

still bleeding maroon and white and cheering for them Dawgs.   

CHS Class of 1991.  Only played 8th grade football. Played R guard on O and i think R tackle on D.  Didnt have a clue what i was doing.   Wanted to play in high school but problems with my right knee kept me from it.  5'10" 160's at graduation.  5'10" 220 now.  Pure table muscle baby!

6 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

CHS Class of 1991.  Only played 8th grade football. Played R guard on O and i think R tackle on D.  Didnt have a clue what i was doing.   Wanted to play in high school but problems with my right knee kept me from it.  5'10" 160's at graduation.  5'10" 220 now.  Pure table muscle baby!

I went to Every Game that 1991 team played, including the Astrodome! You guys are the team that started the Dream....👌

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I went to Every Game that 1991 team played, including the Astrodome! You guys are the team that started the Dream....👌

That was the season after i graduated but our class did resume the Dawgs playoff ways after about a 5 year absence.  We were neck and neck with wilmer hutchins until late in the game when a forced turnover by WH on Dawgs first and goal from the one yard line changed the momentum.  They went on to win 25-0 and won state that year. Seems like we ALWAYS lost to the state champs back then.

• Thanks 1