You...Then & Now

TTman7

Hallsville, class of '84.

5'-11 165 lbs starting TE.  Back-up QB.  We passed a lot so I caught a lot of passes.

Played all JH and HS years.  Played basketball 7th thru 10th grade.

Baseball was my main sport.  Played CF and pitched some.  Had the opportunity to play in college.

Today I am 5-11 and 205 lbs.  Still play softball and basketball 3 days a week.  Also the occasional flag football game.

52 years old.

29 minutes ago, Stoney said:

God gave some of us a choice: height or brains. Take that as you will. 😂

Haha, well that definitely says a lot. 

Of course I was 5'8 1/2 in high school so any guy shorter than that, I would think is short, although I will admit, none of those short guys I went to school with were smart. Lol

• LOL! 1

'O4 New Caney Eagles. Second seed on our B Team tennis. 5'4".Wore size 6 1/2 Reebocks, weighed 109 with 24 inch waist. Now I wear size 7 1/2 Justin work boot. Weigh nearly 145 pounds, 28" waist. Nobody messes with Doomy now. They call security usually and have me kicked off the track.

• LOL! 3

John T. Hoggard HS, Wilmington NC  class of 1990, 

Then- Senior year 6-2 220 lb Offensive guard. I was the smallest lineman on the team but most certainly the quickest and was a 2 year starter. We ran the wishbone but called it the dreambone. Attempted about 4 passes a game, usually TE dumps or screens LOL. We had three 1,000 yard rushers. Lack of passing game doomed us in playoffs.

Now- 6-3 265 lb

Pine Tree High School, '89.    3rd String RB and 2nd String CB.  Only saw the field when we were way ahead (only once) or way behind (a couple of times).  Highlight of my career was attempting to tackle Odel Beckham when we played Marshall.  Didn't end well.  Didn't play my senior year when they replaced Coach Cook with Coach Humphreys.  Team went 3-7 with Coach Cook, moved down a classification and went 3-7 with Coach Humphreys.

Back then:  5' 10", 165.

Now:  5'9" (shrank with age) and 190.  All in the gut.

On 10/1/2018 at 7:31 PM, Eagle27 said:

Graduated Timpson High School 1991

Played 7 & 8th grade as QB and Cornerback 

Stared varsity as Freshman played both ways Cornerback and WR.  All special teams. 

Back then 5’9 170

Now 5’9 196

45 years old 

Timpson? They any good this year? 

1 hour ago, BossDawg55 said:

Timpson? They any good this year? 

I’ve kinda lost touch over the years.  They came out playing pretty well and never recouped after the Alto game this year.   They’ve got a stud running back #1 and some pretty descent talent in other areas.   I haven’t seen them play this year but I hear they just can’t play 4 good quarters of ball.  

On 10/2/2018 at 10:10 PM, Jeffersondogs96 said:

Graduated in 1996 from Jefferson high school

Played 3 yrs varsity '93,'94 and '95

Played tight end and defensive end from 7th to 12 grade. 

6'0 230 lbs my senior 

6'0 255 lbs 22 yrs later

Best hit came in a scrimmage in Tatum in '95. 1st play of live action. I nailed Ken Shelton. Hit and lifted him about 6ft and drilled him into the ground. Then the ever so quick Charles Sammons went to work on us.

Hardest I've ever been hit was from Brian Smith of Tatum when we were Freshman. Went on a short seam route and big ole tall Brian knocked snot outta my nose and spun my helmet completely around lol. They beat us 6-0.

We had some monsters back then. Brian Smith followed Travian's footsteps and went to OU.