MavGrad's NCAA Football Week 6 Preview

Coach Rab

7 hours ago, WETSU said:

I think even a 1 loss Notre Dame gets in the playoff unless Texas or Ou is undefeated... A one loss Nd will get the nod over 1 loss for them two or any undefeated team like WVU. 

If Texas or OU win out, that’ll mean they beat a top 10 team in WVU and probably another top 10 team in the Big12 championship game. 

If ND loses one with their remaining schedule, imo it’s going to take some serious bias to keep Texas or OU out of the playoff. ND doesn’t have a single ranked team left and their best game left is USC whom Texas has already beat. 

Everyone with 1 loss should be rooting for a Clemson loss because the ACC is garbage after them and the PAC 12 to beat each other up. 

7 hours ago, WETSU said:

I think even a 1 loss Notre Dame gets in the playoff unless Texas or Ou is undefeated... A one loss Nd will get the nod over 1 loss for them two or any undefeated team like WVU. 

A one loss big 12 champion Texas or Ou will get in over a one loss ND.  If it plays out that way it’ll be because ND loses last to Usc 

9 hours ago, WETSU said:

You are correct. Where BAMA/ UGA and Clemson benefit from their conferences being down overall this year, ND will benefit from not being in one at all. I don’t see two SEC teams getting in again, unless ND and Ohio State both fall apart. 

I witnessed a great division 2 game yesterday in Denton. Midwestern State and Texas A&M Commerce originally played in Wichita Falls. However, they were only able to get one half in due to weather. They finished the second half at Apogee in Denton yesterday. Texas A&M Commerce won 20-19. Midwestern State missed a field goal as time expired. 

20181007_132357.jpg

6 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

If Texas or OU win out, that’ll mean they beat a top 10 team in WVU and probably another top 10 team in the Big12 championship game. 

If ND loses one with their remaining schedule, imo it’s going to take some serious bias to keep Texas or OU out of the playoff. ND doesn’t have a single ranked team left and their best game left is USC whom Texas has already beat. 

Everyone with 1 loss should be rooting for a Clemson loss because the ACC is garbage after them and the PAC 12 to beat each other up. 

OU has WVU in Morgantown. That's going to be a real test.

Texas goes to OSU and TTU. Jury is still out on Tech if you ask me. I haven't watched them hardly at all this year. OSU's defense looks pretty weak too.

9 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

OU has WVU in Morgantown. That's going to be a real test.

Texas goes to OSU and TTU. Jury is still out on Tech if you ask me. I haven't watched them hardly at all this year. OSU's defense looks pretty weak too.

Texas definitely has the easier road to a conference championship game but only because Texas has played the toughest part of their conference already* and won.

*other than WVU

16 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas definitely has the easier road to a conference championship game but only because Texas has played the toughest part of their conference already* and won.

*other than WVU

I agree. Having WVU at home is big time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

You are correct. Where BAMA/ UGA and Clemson benefit from their conferences being down overall this year, ND will benefit from not being in one at all. I don’t see two SEC teams getting in again, unless ND and Ohio State both fall apart. 

The SEC doesn't seem down this year...  Auburn, Mississippi St, LSU are still very solid.  Kentucky and Florida look the part in the East.  But UGA and Bama are in a class by themselves right now...

Now i go over to the B12.  Texas, OU and WVU look to be the top but the drop off isnt that terrible since it is clear that Texas Tech, Baylor, and even Kansas has improved some.  The TCU/ OSU fall off happens, but those programs aren't down... they are just ok this year.  Next year they will be challenging again.

The real issues I see are when  you look to the far east and the far west.  The PAC is garbage.  Stanford and Washington are legit, and no one else in that conference would make it in the top 5 in the B12, B10 or SEC.  The ACC is garbage after Clemson.  Miami and VT are above average, but thats it.  

So, how i see it right now, I see a couple of scenarios:

Notre Dame goes undefeated Scenario, Georgia loses to Bama (both 12-0):

1. Bama
2. Ohio St (probably)
3. Clemson
4. Notre Dame

Notre Dame loses one Scenario, Clemson goes undefeated:

1. Bama
2. Ohio St
3. Georgia
4. Clemson

WVU, ND, BAMA, CLEMSON, OHIO ST all run the table:

The pecking order here is clearly:

1. Bama
2. Ohio St
3. Clemson
4. Notre Dame
5. WVU
6. Georgia

There are a lot of variables here but I only see 8 teams having a shot... and Texas and OU is a long shot IMHO.  I will even say now that Texas will lose another game or 2.  But I think they are an excellent team.  Oklahoma will probably cancel out WVU, but we will see... As far as I am concerned, everyone in the SEC West not named Alabama is essentially eliminated from the playoff, same can be said in the SEC East minus Georgia.  Clemson is the only legit ACC school.  B10 has Ohio St for now...  but if they lose one, that will make it interesting in the final days.

26 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

The SEC doesn't seem down this year...  Auburn, Mississippi St, LSU are still very solid.  Kentucky and Florida look the part in the East.  But UGA and Bama are in a class by themselves right now...

Now i go over to the B12.  Texas, OU and WVU look to be the top but the drop off isnt that terrible since it is clear that Texas Tech, Baylor, and even Kansas has improved some.  The TCU/ OSU fall off happens, but those programs aren't down... they are just ok this year.  Next year they will be challenging again.

The real issues I see are when  you look to the far east and the far west.  The PAC is garbage.  Stanford and Washington are legit, and no one else in that conference would make it in the top 5 in the B12, B10 or SEC.  The ACC is garbage after Clemson.  Miami and VT are above average, but thats it.  

So, how i see it right now, I see a couple of scenarios:

Notre Dame goes undefeated Scenario, Georgia loses to Bama (both 12-0):

1. Bama
2. Ohio St (probably)
3. Clemson
4. Notre Dame

Notre Dame loses one Scenario, Clemson goes undefeated:

1. Bama
2. Ohio St
3. Georgia
4. Clemson

WVU, ND, BAMA, CLEMSON, OHIO ST all run the table:

The pecking order here is clearly:

1. Bama
2. Ohio St
3. Clemson
4. Notre Dame
5. WVU
6. Georgia

There are a lot of variables here but I only see 8 teams having a shot... and Texas and OU is a long shot IMHO.  I will even say now that Texas will lose another game or 2.  But I think they are an excellent team.  Oklahoma will probably cancel out WVU, but we will see... As far as I am concerned, everyone in the SEC West not named Alabama is essentially eliminated from the playoff, same can be said in the SEC East minus Georgia.  Clemson is the only legit ACC school.  B10 has Ohio St for now...  but if they lose one, that will make it interesting in the final days.

I hope that it works out that way and the conference proves you right come bowl season.