Week 7 John Tyler @ West Mesquite

cujoforlife

District 7 - 5a D1   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

JT is living off of the big plays on offense and the defense is getting better every game. However, there are still some things that the defense needs to work on. 

Now JT takes their show back on the road. This coming up week it will in be in Mesquite. To play West Mesquite.

thoughts on this game?

2 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

If JT decides to show up in games against good teams they can win. But so far they haven’t shown they can compete with good teams yet so we will see. 

We don’t know who is a good team in this district. They winning now you should because that all you care about right? 

• Like 1

If JT decides to show up in games against good teams they can win. But so far they haven’t shown they can compete with good teams yet so we will see. 

West Mesquite hasn't shown they're a good team. They have a dangerous OFFENSE, but their D is more than suspect. If JT executes consistently for 4 qtrs, JT will win this game. The issue will be can Jt LIMIT their big plays. 

21 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

We don’t know who is a good team in this district. They winning now you should because that all you care about right? 

They won against probably the two worst teams in the district. I would hope they did lol. 😂😂 Once we see them against a team like Poteet and west Mesquite to a certain extent,then we will see what they are made of. They haven’t won against a team with a winning  record yet. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, johntylerfan said:

West Mesquite hasn't shown they're a good team. They have a dangerous OFFENSE, but their D is more than suspect. If JT executes consistently for 4 qtrs, JT will win this game. The issue will be can Jt LIMIT their big plays. 

I’m more worried about the secondary as I have all season, cause they horrific against teams that can pass deep, they never ever look back. I promise if they were to look back they could bat some of those balls down, and We are gonna get torched if they can’t cover that 4 star 6’4 receiver west Mesquite has. 

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

They won against probably the two worst teams in the district. I would hope they did lol. 😂😂 Once we see them against a team like Poteet and west Mesquite to a certain extent,then we will see what they are made of. They haven’t won against a team with a winning  record yet. 

The same west team that gave up 36 points to a team that JT shut out. They are one of the better teams in district really!

If you would stop nit picking what I said maybe you would understand what I said. I said west Mesquite to a “certain” extent because how good of a offense they have.... as I told John Tyler fan and I quote “I’m more worried about the secondary as I have all season, cause they horrific against teams that can pass deep, they never ever look back. I promise if they were to look back they could bat some of those balls down, and We are gonna get torched if they can’t cover that 4 star 6’4 receiver west Mesquite has.” I never said to you or anyone that west Mesquite overall a better team in the district. I said to “certain” extent they are because of their offense... you always taking people words out of context lol.. but whatever makes your day. I still JT win the game but it could potentially the best passing offense we seen since cedar hill. Defensive wise it probably look like the cedarhill game but jt will still win imo. 

5 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I’m more worried about the secondary as I have all season, cause they horrific against teams that can pass deep, they never ever look back. I promise if they were to look back they could bat some of those balls down, and We are gonna get torched if they can’t cover that 4 star 6’4 receiver west Mesquite has. 

You're not wrong about that. JTs running game needs to be on point to keep them off the field. 

On 10/6/2018 at 12:46 PM, johntylerfan said:

Does JT not use the other helmet colors anymore? They just been wearing the blue ones all season? What happen to the other colors? 

5 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

If you would stop nit picking what I said maybe you would understand what I said. I said west Mesquite to a “certain” extent because how good of a offense they have.... as I told John Tyler fan and I quote “I’m more worried about the secondary as I have all season, cause they horrific against teams that can pass deep, they never ever look back. I promise if they were to look back they could bat some of those balls down, and We are gonna get torched if they can’t cover that 4 star 6’4 receiver west Mesquite has.” I never said to you or anyone that west Mesquite overall a better team in the district. I said to “certain” extent they are because of their offense... you always taking people words out of context lol.. but whatever makes your day. I still JT win the game but it could potentially the best passing offense we seen since cedar hill. Defensive wise it probably look like the cedarhill game but jt will still win imo. 

The secondary is young you have to give them time grow 

Does JT not use the other helmet colors anymore? They just been wearing the blue ones all season? What happen to the other colors? 

The new uniform rules won’t allow JT to wear their other uniform. JT only wears the black helmet with the black uniform. As far as, the white helmets idk.

47 minutes ago, cujoforlife said:

The new uniform rules won’t allow JT to wear their other uniform. JT only wears the black helmet with the black uniform. As far as, the white helmets idk.

What does the new rule not allow when it comes to uniforms? Is this a UIL thing? 

6 hours ago, VonG said:

JT only has 1 junior in the secondary and the rest are seniors. I don't know how you consider the secondary to be young.

#36 and #31 have played a lot in secondary and they are both juniors, and #46 played a lot against T-High and he is a soph.  And I think #16 has been playing safety and linebacker this yr, he is just a junior too.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

#36 and #31 have played a lot in secondary and they are both juniors, and #46 played a lot against T-High and he is a soph.  And I think #16 has been playing safety and linebacker this yr, he is just a junior too.

Yeah but the starters are Warren, Lampton, Grant, and Crawford.