Week 7 John Tyler @ West Mesquite

cujoforlife

District 7 - 5a D1   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

2 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

The secondary showed up for the first time this season! But can they be consistent with it? Something I need to see. 

For last three weeks secondary as shown up. You’re trying to against a good team with I wouldn’t call west Mesquite that good

4 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

For last three weeks secondary as shown up. You’re trying to against a good team with I wouldn’t call west Mesquite that good

Well if west mesquite wasn’t that good then we are in trouble cause we struggled for the most part. Last time I checked we haven’t played a team or an offense or a receiver like they had the last three weeks so yea, and any secondary can play good against Wylie east lmao. And Texas high??? Please.... so yes this is the FIRST game this season were the secondary played well. Even Holmes said the said the secondary is the weak link and has been struggling. Paraphrasing. 

10 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Well if west mesquite wasn’t that good then we are in trouble cause we struggled for the most part. Last time I checked we haven’t played a team or an offense or a receiver like they had the last three weeks so yea, and any secondary can play good against Wylie east lmao. And Texas high??? Please.... so yes this is the FIRST game this season were the secondary played well. Even Holmes said the said the secondary is the weak link and has been struggling. Paraphrasing. 

I didn’t see a struggle at all that. They only gave up one big play in the passing game. Even then it was a great catch by WR #9.

Holmes said that at the beginning of the season and they have gotten better with every game, but if you want to continue to gave out half butt compliments go right ahead. 

JT has kept everyone in this district so far under their point average this season. So, the defense so far is doing their job.

10 hours ago, cujo2016 said:

Cool, a few things should be easily corrected..I noticed one DB didn’t want to tackle, maybe he’s Little hurt.

Rain was a problem for things that happened. It wasn’t until the stopped, was when you really started to see the open up. If it wasn’t for those two big runs by the Ty Jordon. JT kept him in check.

12 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

I didn’t see a struggle at all that. They only gave up one big play in the passing game. Even then it was a great catch by WR #9.

Holmes said that at the beginning of the season and they have gotten better with every game, but if you want to continue to gave out half butt compliments go right ahead. 

JT has kept everyone in this district so far under their point average this season. So, the defense so far is doing their job.

We will see what JT is really made of against Mesquite Poteet. West mesquite pushed JT, and Poteet is a lot better than them. 

1 hour ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

We will see what JT is really made of against Mesquite Poteet. West mesquite pushed JT, and Poteet is a lot better than them. 

We don’t know who is better then who, because they haven’t played each other yet. They will before Poteet plays JT.

2 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

That’s like saying Allen and JT are on the same level because they haven’t played each other. Lol 😂

What he is saying is, nether team has played the same Opponent, to kind of use as gauge to see where we are. Not that it’s legit, but just a tool we use to chatter.

1 hour ago, cujo2016 said:

What he is saying is, nether team has played the same Opponent, to kind of use as gauge to see where we are. Not that it’s legit, but just a tool we use to chatter.

What a was saying. we don’t know who is better between Poteet and West because they haven’t played each other yet. They the play the week before JT plays Poteet.

• Like 1

I've seen West and Poteet in person...Poteet is significantly better...they've got the ability to throw out 3 or 4 D1 type WR's out at one time..they've got one of the top RB's in the country in the junior class and a QB who is solid and more accurate than West's QB

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

I've seen West and Poteet in person...Poteet is significantly better...they've got the ability to throw out 3 or 4 D1 type WR's out at one time..they've got one of the top RB's in the country in the junior class and a QB who is solid and more accurate than West's QB

My point exactly. 

3 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Welp, that’s all I got say about that. FG 

4 hours ago, MattStepp said:

looks like that game will decide district championship

On 10/15/2018 at 1:13 AM, cujoforlife said:

We don’t know who is better then who, because they haven’t played each other yet. They will before Poteet plays JT.

Let me put it in perspective.  JT played Cedar Hill earlier in the season.  They lost 57 to 7.     Cedar Hill just lost to Mansfield Summit in a close game.   Mesquite Poteet beat Mansfield Summit 24 to 21 without their starting RB for the first half.   It still all comes down to who shows up, on any given Friday night. 

26 minutes ago, stevenbugkiller said:

Let me put it in perspective.  JT played Cedar Hill earlier in the season.  They lost 57 to 7.     Cedar Hill just lost to Mansfield Summit in a close game.   Mesquite Poteet beat Mansfield Summit 24 to 21 without their starting RB for the first half.   It still all comes down to who shows up, on any given Friday night. 

That’s what I been trying to tell him! But also JT was without starting qb vs cedarhill for 90 percent of the game, not saying it would’ve been a win but the score would’ve looked a lot better. 

• Like 1

Each game is its own unique thing....I think Poteet is better than West but JT could play much better vs Poteet than they did vs West....you just never know....I just know Poteet when firing on all cylinders is a matchup problem for a lot of teams

36 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Each game is its own unique thing....I think Poteet is better than West but JT could play much better vs Poteet than they did vs West....you just never know....I just know Poteet when firing on all cylinders is a matchup problem for a lot of teams

Sports are crazy. Sometimes its about matchups, injuries, coaching, game plans, and etc....and then it can be mental.  That's why in rivalry games, you can throw everything out the window. I've seen JT lose to Lee, then turn around and beat teams in the same season that beat Lee easily.  You are correct, each game is its on unique thing.

On paper it looks like Poteet had a tougher time with T-High than JT did, but maybe T-High played better, and maybe weather affected the game.  I just know right now, it looks like Poteet is going to be the toughest test for JT in district and they play them in Mesquite.