Week 7: Marshall (3-2) Vs. Mt. Pleasant (2-3)

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. MP  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• MP by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • MP in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

I'll get all the info up later.  Just wanted to get the thread started.

MP coming off a 55-50 loss to PT..... Tigers nearly overcame a double digit 4th quarter deficit.  They are 0-2 and in danger of falling out of the playoff race.

Marshall is coming off a 50-21 win over Hallsville that wasn't as close as the score indicates.  The Bobcats got 2 late scores against the Mav bench.  Marshall looking to go 3-0 in district play with WH and PT still looming in the distance.

Some fun facts from Friday's win over Hallsville:

Marshall is 14-5 Vs. the Bobcats all time.  The series started in 2000.

It was Marshall's 595th program win.  Inching them closer to the 600 club.

Marshall is 19-2 in district play since 2015.  Both losses were to Texas high.

Marshall has won 13 consecutive district games.  Their record is 18 from 1987-1990.  

See ya'll in MP!!!

39 minutes ago, budmanmpfan said:

Tigers will most likely be 0-3 in district after this game. But MP still has chance at the playoffs.

They absolutely still have a chance!

Just going to be an uphill climb.  

If they go 0-3..... they will almost have to win out to get in.  And Lindale isn't a gimmie for anyone.  

It's doable.... but there is a very thin margin of error for MP now.  Marshall, Lindale, and Nac still on the schedule and MP will likely be the underdog in all of them except possibly Nac.

The Hallsville game was the most complete game we've played this season....BUT.... O-line still struggled to open holes up the middle for the RB's.    

We are known as a passing team....but if we can ever get our running game GOING....REALLY GOING.... I think our passing game gets even better.

Was pretty pleased with the defense.  Not that I think Hallsville is an offensive juggernaut.... but they DID have 400 yards and 35 points last week Vs. PT.  So it was good to see the starting defense hold them to just 7 points.  

Those last 2 Bobcat scores were against the Mav bench in the 4th.

Gotta keep improving.... but there were some good things that happened last night.

JJ Green had 223 yards passing.... 3 touchdowns.  But 2 INTs.

Tahj Washington was BEAST..... with 5 touchdowns.  3 by air.... 2 by ground.

Starting defense only gave up 1 score.  

Good stuff.

On to MP.  I always expect a tough game from the Tigers.

Not sure who is going to hang close with Marshall in this district. They already beat probably the 2nd best team in district by 26. Not sure Whitehouse or Nac can keep it close. All those teams seem to be about the same, with Lindale maybe being a little better than the others. We will see in the Whitehouse Nac game this week.

In this game a Marshall by a lot. 

Marshall travels to Mt Pleasant this week looking for their 14th consecutive district win since 2015. 

The Mavs are  12-4 all time Vs MP. 

Also looking for program win #596

But MOST important: they are looking to go 3-0 in district play  

22 hours ago, Jets said:

Mar by 10

No slight against MP....but if we only win by 10...... something has gone amiss.

I'll take a win....because a win is a win..... but.....mercy.  That would be a trainwreck.

14 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

No slight against MP....but if we only win by 10...... something has gone amiss.

I'll take a win....because a win is a win..... but.....mercy.  That would be a trainwreck.

They arent as bad as you might think. Just ask Pine Tree. MP is a scrappy bunch this year. They can move the ball but its just trying to finish off the drive.

59 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Was trying to be nice

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Didnt wanna say marshall by 30, but i guess i will

We aren't good enough to overlook anyone.  And I expect MP to come out playing like a team desperate to make the playoffs.  

Just looking at the amount of points MP has given up.... and who they gave them up to..... makes me think we SHOULD take care of business.

MP gave up 41 to Paris..... 55 to Pine Tree.... 43 to WH.

We've had our issues too.... we gave up 60 to Longview...but.  Longview.  And we gave up 35 to Carthage....but.  Carthage.

We better come with our "A" game.....or MP will pop us in the mouth.  BUT....if we take care of business like we SHOULD.... I expect a comfortable win.