Week 7: Big Sandy (2-3) @ Alto Yellowjackets (3-2) - 10/12/18

StingEmALTO

District Opener: Big Sandy at Alto  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the District 10-2A opener?

• Alto
    • Big Sandy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2018 at 12:30 AM

Time for the SECOND SEASON! The Alto Yellowjackets (3-2) host the Big Sandy Wildcats (2-3) in the District 10-2A opener on Friday, October 12th. The Jackets started fast with wins over Westwood, Timspon, and New Diana but fell in the next two games vs. Garrison and Corrigan-Camden. The Mean Sting had a bye last week. Big Sandy has lost to San Augustine, defeated Alba-Golden and Timpson, but have lost two in a row to Mineola and Rivercrest. This game has playoff implications as both will be looking to get a leg up in the district standings and challenge undefeated Carlisle. Who ends their two-game losing streak and gets in the win column with a very important 1-0 record in district?!

Just now, StingEmALTO said:

So I heard one of Winona’s good players from last year has transferred to BS? 4 tds vs. Timpson and playing well. Interesting. 

Yeah our starting QB last year transferred over hes a baller, SR year... sure do miss him over here it threw a monkey wrench in our gameplan LOL... hes a dual threat

7 minutes ago, JETT said:

Yeah our starting QB last year transferred over hes a baller, SR year... sure do miss him over here it threw a monkey wrench in our gameplan LOL... hes a dual threat

I bet it did! I remember him being a great player last year when we played y’all. Very shifty and could make things happen. Hate y’all didn’t get him his senior year, but hope he’s happy where he is!

Y’all seem to have made the adjustment!

10 minutes ago, JETT said:

Man, y’all have a big game this week! Winner has a leg up on the district championship. All the best to y’all!

Just now, StingEmALTO said:

Man, y’all have a big game this week! Winner has a leg up on the district championship. All the best to y’all!

Appreciate it, your right this will be a tough game for our squad, harmony is physical and plays til the whistle every snap, we have to match the intensity and make plays or we will be gashed in the head lol...good luck to yall as well.... I wish the young man who transferred over to BS all the best luck in his career as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JETT said:

Appreciate it, your right this will be a tough game for our squad, harmony is physical and plays til the whistle every snap, we have to match the intensity and make plays or we will be gashed in the head lol...good luck to yall as well.... I wish the young man who transferred over to BS all the best luck in his career as well

👍👍👍

44 minutes ago, JACKETLIFE said:

@StingEmALTO Have you heard anything about the field condition other than wet?

We got a ton of rain today! It was a torrential down pour for well over an hour then just regular rain. It helped not playing on it last week, of course.  If we don’t get anymore rain the next couple of days (and I don’t think we are supposed to) then it should be in decent shape for Friday.