Week 7: Big Sandy (2-3) @ Alto Yellowjackets (3-2) - 10/12/18

StingEmALTO

District Opener: Big Sandy at Alto  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the District 10-2A opener?

• Alto
    • Big Sandy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2018 at 12:30 AM

I am not technically bs but close enough to know a little about them and the other 2 far north schools... in all honesty I don't know what BS team will show up if the one that played mineola or timpsom shows up it will be an absolutely great game. At mineola 2 bad snaps was a 16 point shift. Dont think the previous games mineola had punted and dont think they got past the 50 or a 1st down until their 4th possession. 

1 hour ago, knothead58 said:

I am not technically bs but close enough to know a little about them and the other 2 far north schools... in all honesty I don't know what BS team will show up if the one that played mineola or timpsom shows up it will be an absolutely great game. At mineola 2 bad snaps was a 16 point shift. Dont think the previous games mineola had punted and dont think they got past the 50 or a 1st down until their 4th possession. 

Man, I appreciate the comment. I could have sworn there were a couple BS posters on here, but they haven’t been around. 

I was impressed by how close BS played Mineola. And I hear that transfer from Winona is special. They have some playmakers for sure. We’ve played them the last couple years and kind of had our way with them. But that was like the second game of the season.  I was surprised about how close the Alba-Golden game was (6-0 BS win). So you are probably right (as it goes so often in high school ball) when you say it depends on the which team shows up. I’m expecting a battle!

1 hour ago, villagegenius said:

Big Sandy has some skill kids that are scary good. Can explode for 6 at any point.  Problem is they can go through stretches of looking uninterested on the defensive side. 

I think Alto is the more well rounded bunch. And it’s in Alto. 

“Uninterested”? Lol That’s not good! 😂 

From the Jacksonville Daily Progress:

Alto Yellowjackets vs. Big Sandy Wildcats

7:30 p.m. Friday:  Cam'Ron Matthews Field at Jacket Stadium: Home of The Mean Sting, Alto

Records: Alto (3-2), Big Sandy Indians (2-3)

Game notes — Both clubs will be looking to snuff out two game losing streaks when they open District 10-2A-I Friday...The Wildcat defense has given up the most amount of points (143) of any team in the loop...This week's game will end what has been a three game home stand for the Mean Sting...Look for Alto to collect the “W” in this one as the 'Jackets can't afford a loss with a trip to undefeated and state ranked Price Carlisle on the horizon for next week.

http://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/area-football-roundup-bullard-brook-hill-and-alto-to-open/article_63b3ebba-cbf5-11e8-b84f-5f6864747548.html

F866CCAA-591A-4787-A077-8B7F1635717E.jpeg

On 10/10/2018 at 2:48 PM, SAWolfman said:

Where are all the Alto guys at?

I'm still extra full of crow guts hurting 😂😂but really been dealing with att insurance getn a new cell.....my first day back on here.....I'm hoping everything starts to come together this week.....last 2 years alto has looked like garbage coming out of the bi week....new coaches so hopefully that's not the case....Alto should be running on all gears tm night, so if we lose won't be any excuses besides we just aren't good enough......but alto will take this one il give my score prediction tomorrow!

3 hours ago, Cherokee603 said:

I'm still extra full of crow guts hurting 😂😂but really been dealing with att insurance getn a new cell.....my first day back on here.....I'm hoping everything starts to come together this week.....last 2 years alto has looked like garbage coming out of the bi week....new coaches so hopefully that's not the case....Alto should be running on all gears tm night, so if we lose won't be any excuses besides we just aren't good enough......but alto will take this one il give my score prediction tomorrow!

About time you showed up! 😂 I know that crow tastes bad, but that was last month!! You should be over that indigestion. 😆