Carthage Dawgs versus Van

cowboyandchrist

Van vs Carthage  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/2018 at 12:30 AM

10 minutes ago, CDAWG68 said:

Montrell Smith is just a Sophomore, he has been tough since Jr High games. I am excited to watch what he adds to offense and even defense. Looks like he might be back for the Henderson game and into the Playoffs.

At the Gilmer game he said 8 weeks, which would be the first playoff game.  If he plays the week of the Henderson game it meant he healed quicker than the doc thought - would be nice. 

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

YES! We have a marching band play-by-play during half time. We’re doing things in Panola County.

I'm trying to imagine how that even sounds. I mean how does an announcer go about that exactly? I can't get my thick skull around it for some reason...

25 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Magic begins at the 1hr 53 min mark

Lol. Well, that is something you don't hear everyday. In all fairness, he does do a pretty good job of it but I agree the time would be better spent talking about the game, considering the audience that's most likely listening.

31 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

Lol. Well, that is something you don't hear everyday. In all fairness, he does do a pretty good job of it but I agree the time would be better spent talking about the game, considering the audience that's most likely listening.

Man definitely knows his marching routines. Now that I think of it, maybe it's more for. The TV when they play the tape on Saturday morning. 

15 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Man definitely knows his marching routines. Now that I think of it, maybe it's more for. The TV when they play the tape on Saturday morning. 

Yep, that’s true too. Only time I saw that was when I spent the night with my cousin in Wild Wood. We didn’t get cable out in the country growing up!

2 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Everyone needs to remember that Jerry owns the radio station.  If he wants to do band play by play I guess he can.  I suspect there are some older listeners that can’t get out to the games that like it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Everyone needs to remember that Jerry owns the radio station.  If he wants to do band play by play I guess he can.  I suspect there are some older listeners that can’t get out to the games that like it.

That's definitely true. Just a selfish preference of mine but as for someone like me who doesn't love in panaola County, the feed is terrible and I hope they fix it. 

11 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

That’s right, he can do whatever he wants with his radio station.

A few years ago they were totally hacking me off by not having the Bulldogs on FM, but would have Timpson or Beckville or somebody on 104.3 and the Dawgs on AM and it was only clear in town. Of course, I was at the game, but you’re hometown highly successful varsity football team was taking a backseat. Drove me insane.

Now the Dawgs are on FM and we do have the short circuiting internet feed.

The band action at half time is kind of neat.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

That sounds eerily similar to "everyone needs to remember jerry owns the football team."  If i'm listening on internet and radio i want to hear the band PLAY not hear someone tell me they just made a right turn. This comes from a guy who was in the marching band all 4 years.  It's silly.

• LOL! 1

Carthage band announcer! That's awesome.

As for the game, I thought the vandals battled ok after that 1st quarter.  Van came out rattled and nervous.  3 first quarter turnover obviously won't work against the champs.  But 14-7 for 3 quarters isn't too shabby against the dawgs.   I know surratt said they played poorly on o, as a vandal I'm dang sure glad they didn't play well.  Wow,  carthage is really impressive in all phases. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Carthage band announcer! That's awesome.

As for the game, I thought the vandals battled ok after that 1st quarter.  Van came out rattled and nervous.  3 first quarter turnover obviously won't work against the champs.  But 14-7 for 3 quarters isn't too shabby against the dawgs.   I know surratt said they played poorly on o, as a vandal I'm dang sure glad they didn't play well.  Wow,  carthage is really impressive in all phases. 

Our O was awful Friday night. Didn’t play our caliber of Dawg Football at all. That being said, looking forward to seeing how y’all fare in the rest of the district games. We’re glad you’ve joined the Doom! Best of luck to the Vandals- a good addition to DOD