Linden-Kildare Tigers (5-1) at Joaquin Rams (4-1)

trueblue82

1 minute ago, RedRiver said:

Ill bring the decoys and duck calls

Truthfully, the field has held up well this year. Part of it is from some work that was done in the offseason, and part of it is from the fact that it has seen two games, total. Our junior high hasn’t played at home yet, and we don’t have a JV. Both of the games we’ve played on it were during rainy weeks, and it rained hard before and during the OC game. Other than wet grass, you wouldn’t know it. I don’t see the field being an issue Friday. It’s gonna come down to which team is the best prepared and executes their game plan better. 

Kinda what I was alluding too earlier...We had terrible night and Garrison outplayed us but people on here talkn like Joe is trash and Garrison is KC Chiefs..... Slow ya roll. We lost. Its over. On to LK. If anyone thinks LK gonna roll over Rams I will gladly bet a case of mountain dew on it. LK offense the strongest part of their team but in the past they haven’t stopped the power run well. Conditions will favor the Rams and I promise we won’t play that badly

32 minutes ago, RetiredDawg10 said:

Pretty sure garrison called em off in the 4th

Is that why I see starters still in the game on defense? No one called anything off, nor should they. They’re prepping for a playoff run, and you don’t get there by pulling your starters when you’re up by 28. Also, in week 1 of district play, you don’t want the tiebreaker to be an issue. You want to keep it maxed out when you can, so if you do lose a game you don’t drop an extra playoff seed because you took your foot off the gas. Other than pulling Porter on offense and getting a little conservative on play calls, it was game on, as it should be. If they’re gonna call off the dawgs, it will be this week, but I wouldn’t. Rivalries are rivalries for a reason. 

All these northern guys are smelling too much cedar pollen. It's not a stretch to say Ole Joe will have the two fastest guys on the field Friday. We would like it to be dry so they can cut and turn on the burners. I know its not the typical 4yd / rush  Ram team but we want it dry as much as anyone. I felt the wet field hurts the lighter quicker team.  Heavier guys do better on wet surface. Hard to move em.....And before you guys choke on your chewing tobacco I realize LK shifty back is extremely fast too... Just making an observation

11 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

All these northern guys are smelling too much cedar pollen. It's not a stretch to say Ole Joe will have the two fastest guys on the field Friday. We would like it to be dry so they can cut and turn on the burners. I know its not the typical 4yd / rush  Ram team but we want it dry as much as anyone. I felt the wet field hurts the lighter quicker team.  Heavier guys do better on wet surface. Hard to move em.....And before you guys choke on your chewing tobacco I realize LK shifty back is extremely fast too... Just making an observation

I seriously doubt that .... I don't think anybody on Joe Quinn's team is even close speed wise  to the LK RB we knocked out of the game ... 

Edited by KirtFalcon
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I seriously doubt that .... I don't think anybody on Joe Quinn's team is even close speed wise  to the LK RB we knocked out of the game ... 

Wanna bet......Been to state meet since he was a freshman. Went to regionals in 5 events. Went to state last year in 3 events. Won the long jump as a sophmore. Kid doesn't get alot of chances in open space. If Ole Joe had the dudes to run the spread he'd be a dangerous WR..... The way it is now we gotta knock down several guys before he can even get going....But hey it is what it is. We do what we do with who we have...... Slot-t fits us pretty well.

9 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Wanna bet......Been to state meet since he was a freshman. Went to regionals in 5 events. Went to state last year in 3 events. Won the long jump as a sophmore. Kid doesn't get alot of chances in open space. If Ole Joe had the dudes to run the spread he'd be a dangerous WR..... The way it is now we gotta knock down several guys before he can even get going....But hey it is what it is. We do what we do with who we have...... Slot-t fits us pretty well.

Football ain't track ... I didn't see anybody on the Rams that looked anywhere close to as fast as the LK RB ... I didn't see as much speed on the Rams as we have at Garrison.  Track speed doesn't always translate to football speed ... just my observation and opinion...

• Stinks 1

6 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Don't know a lot about this district. Just wondering did Tenaha drop football. don't they figure into the championship picture?

They are very much in the picture at 2-0. You don’t see a thread on them because this is their bye week. 

15 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Football ain't track ... I didn't see anybody on the Rams that looked anywhere close to as fast as the LK RB ... I didn't see as much speed on the Rams as we have at Garrison.  Track speed doesn't always translate to football speed ... just my observation and opinion...

I honestly dont think Tay has much straight line speed but is probably one of the quickest guys ive ever saw suit up for the tigers

4 minutes ago, LKTiger06 said:

I honestly dont think Tay has much straight line speed but is probably one of the quickest guys ive ever saw suit up for the tigers

Yes, he was very quick ... he's not slow ... he looked faster for 20-25 yards than anybody I saw on Joaquin's team for sure ...

6 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yes, he was very quick ... he's not slow ... he looked faster for 20-25 yards than anybody I saw on Joaquin's team for sure ...

Yes, 11.0 last spring for a soph is pretty fast...…………………..My guess is that unless he slipped, no one on L-K's team will ever beat him at 20-25 yards...…...At 60 yards, #1, #2, and #14 would be really close.