2018 Battle of the Piney Woods

TTman7

Hey TT got a field pass and was on the sideline to watch in second half.

Great tailgate complete domination by Kats!

Really good day at NRG.

We have our Qb for next three years Ty has a huge Celing!

Run the table 9-2 should get us one home playoff game. 

That ND loss is going to bite giving it away the way we did. 

1 hour ago, Coach0001 said:

Hey TT got a field pass and was on the sideline to watch in second half.

Great tailgate complete domination by Kats!

Really good day at NRG.

We have our Qb for next three years Ty has a huge Celing!

Run the table 9-2 should get us one home playoff game. 

That ND loss is going to bite giving it away the way we did. 

Yes, Sir. That's cool. How'd you get the field pass? My invite must've gotten lost, lol. 

Yea, I'm encouraged and excited about Brock and his Bearkat future. 

Hopefully we can go unbeaten the rest of the way and hope for an at-large bid in the playoffs. Or maybe we might end up tied for the Conference Championship? 

Yea, that North Dakota loss didn't help. 

I'm glad KCK has moved on from QB Dare. 

5 hours ago, topher805 said:

In a year I thought we had a good chance to finally end the streak...this one hurts...a lot...Less than a month till the first basketball game

I agree. I thought this was the year sfa might have had a chance to end the streak. Especially with our inexperienced QB situation and injuries. 

Of course, I'm glad it ended up in the Bearkat's favor. 

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

I agree. I thought this was the year sfa might have had a chance to end the streak. Especially with our inexperienced QB situation and injuries. 

Of course, I'm glad it ended up in the Bearkat's favor. 

While I'd love to use the coaching situation excuse, we looked pretty good last week in Lake Charles, which gave us false hope...

This cemented the fact we will be searching for a new coach after the season...

15 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

TT

Happened to be seated next to our old head coach RR.

We started visiting and talking about past SHSU and SFA games.

He says hey you want my pass and go watch some from the sidelines? Umm let me think yes

Great experience 

That's so cool. I haven't had the privilege of going to a BOTPW @ NRG yet. Have wanted to, just haven't made it yet. 

I'm glad to hear that RR is still actively supporting the Kats. 

I’m just hoping SFA goes out and finds someone who wants to be successful and has some ambition to move up. This means they want to keep improving and won’t be satisfied with the status quo. Conque was content to be a career fcs coach (not that this is a bad thing) but once his OC left (went to ULM) there was no ingenuity, no innovation. Just more of the same ol same ol and the results showed. There is no excuse for SFA to be this non-competitive. 

14 hours ago, TxFight said:

I’m just hoping SFA goes out and finds someone who wants to be successful and has some ambition to move up. This means they want to keep improving and won’t be satisfied with the status quo. Conque was content to be a career fcs coach (not that this is a bad thing) but once his OC left (went to ULM) there was no ingenuity, no innovation. Just more of the same ol same ol and the results showed. There is no excuse for SFA to be this non-competitive. 

I hope SFA gets competitive also if not I don't see the game remaining at NRG.

There were maybe 3k-4k SFA fans there I estimate

Compared to 12k to 15k SHSU fans. 

2 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

I hope SFA gets competitive also if not I don't see the game remaining at NRG.

There were maybe 3k-4k SFA fans there I estimate

Compared to 12k to 15k SHSU fans. 

Attendance is down. Even on the Sam side it is starting to decline, just not as drastically as the SFA fans. 

The game is going to stay at NRG for a while. Too much money to be made for both schools and LSSC. Now with the new tailgating policy, where you have to buy tickets to tailgate, it should help the numbers. That's were most SFA fans were I beileve...

58 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Attendance is down. Even on the Sam side it is starting to decline, just not as drastically as the SFA fans. 

The game is going to stay at NRG for a while. Too much money to be made for both schools and LSSC. Now with the new tailgating policy, where you have to buy tickets to tailgate, it should help the numbers. That's were most SFA fans were I beileve...

3 years left on contract correct?

That policy was loosely enforced