Chapel Hill vs Kilgore

Alpha99

CH-Dogs Vs K-Dogs  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Chapel Hill
    • Kilgore

If Kilgore doesn't have turnovers and drive killing penalties they can compete with anybody they play...if not they will lose....we have had only 1 game where they had 0 turnovers and about 15 yds in penalties (Thigh), which led to our only W so far....this years Kilgore team is not one that can overcome those things and still win...they have to play well in every part of the game...if they do, I can see them playing for the District Championship....or at least competing for it!!!....if not,1-4 or 0-5 in district would not surprise me...the defense is good enough to keep them in games....just have to figure out a way on offense to give them a break...get them off the field and not put them in bad field positions...guess we shall see..

55 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I just can not believe Kilgore is not better than they appear to be. Give me the K-Dogs by 10-14 pts.

If Kilgore doesn't have turnovers and drive killing penalties they can compete with anybody they play...if not they will lose....we have had only 1 game where they had 0 turnovers and about 15 yds in penalties (Thigh), which led to our only W so far....this years Kilgore team is not one that can overcome those things and still win...they have to play well in every part of the game...if they do, I can see them playing for the District Championship....or at least competing for it!!!....if not,1-4 or 0-5 in district would not surprise me...the defense is good enough to keep them in games....just have to figure out a way on offense to give them a break...get them off the field and not put them in bad field positions...guess we shall see

This game is very important for both programs. 

Imo this game comes down to the play calling for CH  

If we try to ground and pound Kilgore will win by several. We are prone to go into conservative mode and this won’t work at all against Kilgore  

If CH opens up the air attack i give CH the edge. 

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I finally just cast my vote for Kilgore, but I’m not sure they can win. This program seems to have hit the rocks and is taking on water...

I am really surprised at where Kilgore is right now. If I am not mistaken their JV last year (this years jr's) only lost one game (to CH) and they gave Hendersons jv their only loss. Not sure about Kilgores sr class. I expected Kilgore to be 4-1 right now...not 1-4. Guess that is why you play the game.

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I finally just cast my vote for Kilgore, but I’m not sure they can win. This program seems to have hit the rocks and is taking on water...

People were saying the same thing in 2016... remember what happened that year...when we went on to beat mighty Carthage?

3 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I am really surprised at where Kilgore is right now. If I am not mistaken their JV last year (this years jr's) only lost one game (to CH) and they gave Hendersons jv their only loss. Not sure about Kilgores sr class. I expected Kilgore to be 4-1 right now...not 1-4. Guess that is why you play the game.

We could easily be 4-1

Hallsville game we had a lead and let penalties and turnovers erase it. 

Pine Tree, several TDs brought back

Pittsburg, a 12-0 lead (should have been 21-0) we let slip after not covering a punt, then spiraled out of control.

The key is playing 48 minutes.

Keep doubting.

2 minutes ago, JR88 said:

We could easily be 4-1

Hallsville game we had a lead and let penalties and turnovers erase it. 

Pine Tree, several TDs brought back

Pittsburg, a 12-0 lead (should have been 21-0) we let slip after not covering a punt, then spiraled out of control.

The key is playing 48 minutes.

Keep doubting.

Y'all need to keep having those problems for two more Fridays lol. 

2 hours ago, Hlion said:

I think they rebound personally and sneak in the postseason. They can beat Palestine and Chapel Hill. 

They can beat anybody in this district....including Carthage!!!...after seeing them, they are not unbeatable...the key for Kilgore is not turn the ball over and play a complete game...I'm telling you, when they do, they are not a 1-4 quality team....just have to figure out a way to accomplish that

• LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

39 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

They can beat anybody in this district....including Carthage!!!...after seeing them, they are not unbeatable...the key for Kilgore is not turn the ball over and play a complete game...I'm telling you, when they do, they are not a 1-4 quality team....just have to figure out a way to accomplish that

I agree that Kilgore is capable of beating anybody at anytime, they are that talented.

But, you are what your record says you are. And right now, Kilgore is a 1-4 team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I agree that Kilgore is capable of beating anybody at anytime, they are that talented.

But, you are what your record says you are. And right now, Kilgore is a 1-4 team.

I totally agree on that...not saying Kilgore at this moment is not a 1-4 team...just saying that this team is very capable of playing better than their 1-4 start....you would just have to see them play to know what Im saying....its really weird in my opinion....this team is not terrible...but yet 1-4...just not playing well as a team right now