23. Tatum - W 56-38 over Sabine
24. Marion - W 35-28 over Cole
T25. Bushland - OFF
T25. Eastland - OFF
T25. Mount Vernon - OFF
T25. Groesbeck - L 48-33 to West
T25. Pilot Point - W 28-25 over Whitesboro

• Like 1

With the Goliad QB being out, I see them being around 10 when the playoffs begin.  I've had several number one teams that continue to lose.  There are probably about 10-12 teams that could win the state championship IMO.  

Just now, highschoolfootball99 said:

Gladewater lose surprised me....I had them as the best team in the state.

West Rusk is a good team but I believe west Rusk just re woke up a sleeping giant in Gladewater.

Plus west rusk still isnt fully healthy... Just wait till they are... Scary good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lionpride08 said:

Plus west rusk still isnt fully healthy... Just wait till they are... Scary good

They aren’t near as beat up as they make it sound. Qb didn’t play Def, there was a LB that didn’t play and one of there DE, the other 2 De’s played that are better. WR is very good. Gladewater scored just before the half that was called back, seen film it was a TD. Ref is suppose to make sure inbounds first then ball caught. U can clearly see that he is looking at ball first then looks down by then he was out of bounds. Not trying to take anything away from WR. Dudes can bring it. Our team will get better from that game. Wasn’t kicker fault he missed, holder had hand on top in front of ball, which caused the low and weird rotation on kick. Both teams are very good

7 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

With the Goliad QB being out, I see them being around 10 when the playoffs begin.  I've had several number one teams that continue to lose.  There are probably about 10-12 teams that could win the state championship IMO.  

09 what is the issue with the QB down in Goliad?  Also what is the love with the Edna Cowboys at 5.  They have played just one team with a winning record.  

Franklin still has some work to do with penalties but they are gelling more and more each week plus starting to run a little spread with the wing t is making them a little more dangerous on offense... Defense has improved in the pass d and run d is solid... Franklin has yet to play a complete game but when they do look out

7 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

West Rusk is a good team but I believe west Rusk just re woke up a sleeping giant in Gladewater.

That's what I was thinking they regroup and get back to business. I had them winning it all and I stick by it

43 minutes ago, CrockettDogs said:

Our game with Diboll was waaaay closer than the score indicated. If we see each other in the playoffs the Bulldogs win that one. Also just got in a very good RB from John Tyler.

I hope Diboll and Crockett do meet again but I don’t think it will happen. If we are talking playoff predictions, I see Crockett getting East Chambers in round 1 and West in round 2. Crockett and East Chambers would stylistically be an outstanding matchup. Good luck to you guys! 

10 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

I went to the game.  West Rusk is the real deal.  They overcame 4 turnovers to win that game.

Goliad's star QB Rocky Morris is out for at least 6 weeks with a broken collar bone sustained two weeks ago in the Shiner game.  The game before that against Rockport Fulton(4A) in Rockport.......Goliad sustained injuries to 7 players.......all starters and two star players.  RB/DE Logan Bland and WR/DB Dontavion Clay are key weapons as well as QB Morris.  I know all of this because I'm a Goliad Alumni from waaaay back......and my brother is close to the team. Two O-lineman(who also play DL) were also injured in the legs......one out of the season with a torn ACL.  The Officials for that game were from the Corpus Christi Chapter and did nothing to stop the chop blocks and late hits.  After reveiwing the game film at the behest of the Goliad Coaching Staff.......all but one official was suspended for the season because of what occurred in this game.  They also ejected Morris from the game.....claiming he was yelling at the referee when he was actually yelling at his own player....... which comes with an automatic one-game suspension.  The review committee for the UIL also overturned that call and allowed Morris to play the 2nd half of the Shiner game. Upon entering the game in Goliad's first possession of the 2nd half(Goliad ahead 20-14), Morris ran it on a keeper 60 yds to the Shiner 1 yd line on his 2nd play from scrimmage.  On the very next play......the backup running back was stripped of the ball......a Shiner defenseman scooped it up and took off.  Morris made the tackle and broke his collar bone.  Now you know why Goliad lost to Shiner and didn't crush Rockport.  They have been playing 2nd teamers on both sides of the ball to fill in for 7 starters out......all of which play both ways.  Luckily.......Goliad had their bye week last week and play the weakest two district foes this week and next week.  That gives them 3 weeks to heal up and readjust their lineup.......which has been completely decimated by these malicious injuries that all occurred in one game from a 35- point underdog in a higher classification. Now you know what really happened........according to very reliable sources close to the team.  All of this information was not made public to the media.

Bland is out with a hamstring injury and Clay a shoulder separation.  I'm still waiting word on the condition of the other starters injured.......except for Morris and the lineman with the torn ACL.......he was their best lineman.  In the Shiner game.......most of the lineup consisted of 2nd teamers on both sides of the ball.  Morris played exactly 3 plays before his unfortunate injury.  He's very athletic and also a very valuable DB on the team.

What occurred in that Rockport game in Rockport was absolutely unexcusable and shameful.  According to my brother from his sources......there were some issues  from the previous season between the Goliad coaching staff and this Corpus Christi Chapter of officials.  Evidently the Rockport coaching staff was made aware of the circumstances before the game even kicked.......hence you see the result.  Shameful......just absolutely shameful.  All of this inside information was given to me second hand.......but it seems very plausible for what resulted.  How can a team like Goliad that had sustained zero injuries suddenly sustain so many in one game to an opponent that was such an underdog, Huh?  You have to admit it is highly unusual to say the least......and the UIL review committee decisions answers that question.

Yoakum and Edna should switch positions at the very least......from my knowledge of what's what down in that district.  All three of those teams.....Goliad, Yoakum, and Edna are all in the same district along with Hallettsville.  Goliad dominated George West 47-13 the week before the Rockport fiasco.  Now I would move Goliad below Edna and Yoakum for sure.....perhaps all the way down to the 10th spot with all their injuries to key starters.

Week 7 Rankings
1. West Rusk – W 27-26 Gladewater
2. Brock - W 31-13 over Bowie
3. Franklin – W 48-0 Elkhart
4. Gladewater - L 27-26 to West Rusk
5. Woodville – W 57-6 over Warren
6. Goliad - OFF
7. Yoakum- OFF
8. Jefferson – W 41-7 over Hughes Springs
9. Cameron Yoe – W 47-0 over Katy St. John XXIII
10. West – W 48-33 over Groesbeck
Diboll - W 39-28 over Crockett
12. Rockdale - W 70-6 over Manor New Tech
13. Edna- OFF
14. Wall - OFF
16. Malakoff - OFF
17. Shallowater - OFF
18. Atlanta - W 54-6 over Redwater
19. East Chambers - W 57-7 over Hardin
20. Grandview - W 35-13 over Teague
21. George West - W 49-0 over Aransas Pass
22. Hitchcock - OFF 
23. Tatum - W 56-38 over Sabine
24. Marion - W 35-28 over Cole
25. Pilot Point - W 28-25 over Whitesboro

This is my top 25

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DaBears1 said:

They aren’t near as beat up as they make it sound. Qb didn’t play Def, there was a LB that didn’t play and one of there DE, the other 2 De’s played that are better. WR is very good. Gladewater scored just before the half that was called back, seen film it was a TD. Ref is suppose to make sure inbounds first then ball caught. U can clearly see that he is looking at ball first then looks down by then he was out of bounds. Not trying to take anything away from WR. Dudes can bring it. Our team will get better from that game. Wasn’t kicker fault he missed, holder had hand on top in front of ball, which caused the low and weird rotation on kick. Both teams are very good

Yes they are! Starting RB/CB was out. He’s a beast. Along with several others. WR is not healthy right now. They will get better if they get everyone back.

12 hours ago, Tigers89 said:

That’s a pretty solid ranking, Yoe09. If anything, I believe Edna might be placed a few spots too high in the Top 10. Also, I’d drop Jefferson right behind Yoe & Rockdale 

I actually think Jefferson should be a little higher.  They appear to be pretty solid so far.

13 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Goliad's star QB Rocky Morris is out for at least 6 weeks with a broken collar bone sustained two weeks ago in the Shiner game.  The game before that against Rockport Fulton(4A) in Rockport.......Goliad sustained injuries to 7 players.......all starters and two star players.  RB/DE Logan Bland and WR/DB Dontavion Clay are key weapons as well as QB Morris.  I know all of this because I'm a Goliad Alumni from waaaay back......and my brother is close to the team. Two O-lineman(who also play DL) were also injured in the legs......one out of the season with a torn ACL.  The Officials for that game were from the Corpus Christi Chapter and did nothing to stop the chop blocks and late hits.  After reveiwing the game film at the behest of the Goliad Coaching Staff.......all but one official was suspended for the season because of what occurred in this game.  They also ejected Morris from the game.....claiming he was yelling at the referee when he was actually yelling at his own player....... which comes with an automatic one-game suspension.  The review committee for the UIL also overturned that call and allowed Morris to play the 2nd half of the Shiner game. Upon entering the game in Goliad's first possession of the 2nd half(Goliad ahead 20-14), Morris ran it on a keeper 60 yds to the Shiner 1 yd line on his 2nd play from scrimmage.  On the very next play......the backup running back was stripped of the ball......a Shiner defenseman scooped it up and took off.  Morris made the tackle and broke his collar bone.  Now you know why Goliad lost to Shiner and didn't crush Rockport.  They have been playing 2nd teamers on both sides of the ball to fill in for 7 starters out......all of which play both ways.  Luckily.......Goliad had their bye week last week and play the weakest two district foes this week and next week.  That gives them 3 weeks to heal up and readjust their lineup.......which has been completely decimated by these malicious injuries that all occurred in one game from a 35- point underdog in a higher classification. Now you know what really happened........according to very reliable sources close to the team.  All of this information was not made public to the media.

Is that verified that the officials were suspended?

If so that's very telling almost never happens unless gross misconduct 

Everything will work itself out in Region IV.  I had Edna high in my preaseason rankings and they have not done anything yet to be dropped.  I actually envision them being around 10-12.  

Yoakum will probably end up top 5 while Goliad with the injuries will probably drop.  

1 hour ago, Yoe09 said:

Everything will work itself out in Region IV.  I had Edna high in my preaseason rankings and they have not done anything yet to be dropped.  I actually envision them being around 10-12.  

Yoakum will probably end up top 5 while Goliad with the injuries will probably drop.  

I agree with you.

Malakoff is way to high on your poll....Cant lose to you 20th ranked Grandview (they smashed Malakoff btw) and still be top 10. Grandview only lose is to west by 1. I should even move them higher myself.