MavGrad's NCAA Week 7 Preview (2018)

Coach Rab

18 minutes ago, DTrump said:

I'm thinking BAMA better have a healthy Tua when they come to Baton Rouge. Their offense isn't the same when he's on the sidelines.

Hurts is 2-0 vs LSU... but I am not hopeful that LSU will beat Bama... but I am curious on if they will be the first to hold them under 30 points... 

A lot of rumbling over on the eastern plains of Alabama about the driver of the Gus Bus. It seems that back-to-back losses are not a good sign, especially considering they have yet to play UGA and BAMA both on the road. Lucky for them they had the foresight to lock Gus into lengthy $7 mil/ year contract with a $49 mil buyout to keep Arkansas from snatching him up. Mine and Nick’s plan is working to perfection. 

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

He had a couple of big defensive plays yesterday.  They think he will be one of the next safetys drafted from LSU when he is draft eligible 

Yes he has a monster future ahead of him it would seem.

Also i've been reading (BAMA forums) that Tua had his knee scoped today for a torn meniscus. Maybe @trueblue82 knows something about it. I've been searching for links to no avail.

6 minutes ago, DTrump said:

Also i've been reading (BAMA forums) that Tua had his knee scoped today for a torn meniscus. Maybe @trueblue82 knows something about it. I've been searching for links to no avail.

I haven’t seen anything on it. Let me call Nick and see what’s up. 

• LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Kinda strange his parents would go into the medical tent if it wasn't very serious. 

I thought the same thing, but Nick said he was good to go back in the game, and wanted to. They elected to leave Jalen in and grind the clock. But I’d be lying if I said Tua didn’t look a little different. Good thing is, if it was scoped, we can play Jalen against Tennessee then we have a bye, which gives us two weeks before LSU. 

9 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I thought the same thing, but Nick said he was good to go back in the game, and wanted to. They elected to leave Jalen in and grind the clock. But I’d be lying if I said Tua didn’t look a little different. Good thing is, if it was scoped, we can play Jalen against Tennessee then we have a bye, which gives us two weeks before LSU. 

if he has it scoped, i wouldn't expect him back any sooner than 4-6 weeks

20 hours ago, DTrump said:

It took me some time to catch up with Nick, but here’s the latest update on Tua: 

Tua hasn’t missed a day of practice,” Saban said. “He could’ve gone back in the game, like I said (Saturday). He’s going to practice today. Probably better this week than he was last week, so we’re going to see how he does in practice and continue to evaluate him.

“As long as the medical staff clears him, we’ll keep working him to try to get him ready to play in the game.” 

I hope this clears everything up. 

• Thanks 1