TCU Struggling

TCU is struggling some this year offensively and isn’t as dominant defensively as in years past either, but still very solid.

Selfishly, I like the trend TCU is on, because there is little debate that TCU’s inclusion in the Big 12 and recent successes and defeats of the Longhorns have hurt UT recruiting.

I usually want Texas teams to do well, but ultimately I want as much success as possible for UT and TCU’s positive momentum over the last five years has been a factor in UT’s inability to improve along with the lack of a quality QB and head coach.

It seems UT is turning a corner and that actually has nothing to do with TCU’s slight downturn this season as the things UT is doing this year cannot be attributed to the Horned Frog struggles this year, but if TCU takes a step back this season it’ll only help UT recruiting.

8 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

TCU is ranked like 130th in turnover ratio... 

most of those are from the QB

I figured the freshman QB would be a reason for them possibly taking a step back this year. He’s athletic with a strong arm, but I figured he’d have some mistakes; he sure did against Texas.

TCU always has great athletes, but if Gary Patterson doesn't have a somewhat decent qb, his teams are very average.

I think the back-to-back losses against Ohio State and Texas have killed TCU. They actually looked really good against the Buckeyes, and didn't look bad against Texas besides their turnovers.

They've lost a lot of mojo.

18 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I figured the freshman QB would be a reason for them possibly taking a step back this year. He’s athletic with a strong arm, but I figured he’d have some mistakes; he sure did against Texas.

Robinson is a Sophomore.  He, Mond, Chris Robison, and Ehlinger all came in the same year and all 4 were rated pretty high.  I think you can say Ehlinger has progressed the most from last year to this year out of those 4 and is playing the best at the moment.

27 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Robinson is a Sophomore.  He, Mond, Chris Robison, and Ehlinger all came in the same year and all 4 were rated pretty high.  I think you can say Ehlinger has progressed the most from last year to this year out of those 4 and is playing the best at the moment.

Yes, Robinson played a few games last tear