Paris(5-1; 3-0) @ Argyle(6-0; 2-0)

regaleagle

Argyle offensive stats thru 6 games this season........for what they are worth vs their schedule:

Passing: 100 of 176 for 1745 yds and 25 TDs.  290.8 yds/gm.  6 interceptions thrown.  Includes both QB's. 

Rushing:  223 carries for 1294 yds. and 20 TDs.  5.8 yds/carry.  215.7 yds/gm.  

Total Yards*:  3039 for 506.5 avg/game

* Does not include 530 total return yardage  

Points For: 345    Points Against: 104    Avg: 57-17

IMHO......this game will be a mid-scoring game with defense from both teams controlling the action.  There will be some explosive offensive scoring and big gains in this game, but the defense from each team will prevent more......as may the weather conditions.  Turnovers should also play a very important role in the outcome......both teams are very athletic and both teams display good overall team speed.  The wet weather conditions normally causes more turnovers.........so the team that wins the turnover and field position battles should win this game.

Eagle Stadium in Argyle seats about 5200 now......they added some additional bleachers in the South endzone for the Band and Drill Team members. The field is artificial turf but no video scoreboard. New visitor's concessions and restrooms and visitor's field house were added in 2015......this year a new expanded pressbox. Not sure what kind of artificial turf, but it drains well. Parking can be problematic.....there are reserved parking areas for the locals now. But generally there is enough parking around the field on the school grounds for only a short walk into the gate. Since the stadium is not large.....there is always a full house feel to the games here. This game should draw near capacity despite the weather forecast. Kickoff for all district games was voted to be 7 pm this season.

Buying a cheap pancho for this game is highly recommended.......they seem to work the best over your cold weather gear......and it should be quite chilly with a windchill added. The local forecast for Friday could change......but as of now it says 90% rain and temps in the 50's.  Of course.....by gametime that could change, and it could be different for the Denton area than the Dallas or Fort Worth areas. Saturday looks decent.....so maybe this weather could blow thru Denton on Friday evening about gametime......you know how Texas weather forecasts are.

There is a rule that once you enter thru the gates.....if you exit before halftime you have to wait until the 2nd half kickoff to re-enter, regardless of ticket stub. So bring what you need with you until halftime......then you can go back to the car if you need to at halftime.

The stats posted for Argyle are not realistic against Top-ranked teams because of the 3 games played against Chapel Hill, Sanger, and North Lamar.  Against stiffer competition, the games were much closer and the points scored was far less.  This game will be similar to those.......with the outcome still in question.  Stephenville and La Vega both have excellent defenses.  La Vega and Liberty-Eylau  have tons of team speed and athleticism.   Argyle has faired very competitively against teams with these qualities.  Paris brings a very good combination of speed, athleticism, and good defense to Argyle this Friday night.  They also have a very good QB that can run and throw it accurately.  Argyle will play their standard defense before making any adjustments needed against the Paris offensive scheme.  It will be a fun game to watch and interesting to see what Argyle does to counter the Wildcats on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parisian said:

Not trying to detract from the Argyle economy, but my suggestion is to go 82 to Gainesville, then down I35 to Argyle.  If so, you've got multiple choices in Sherman, Gainesville, Sanger, or Denton depending on when your dinner bell rings. 

I’ve found that as the easiest route! I went 380 one time and it was pure hell

14 hours ago, regaleagle said:

The stats posted for Argyle are not realistic against Top-ranked teams because of the 3 games played against Chapel Hill, Sanger, and North Lamar.  Against stiffer competition, the games were much closer and the points scored was far less.  This game will be similar to those.......with the outcome still in question.  Stephenville and La Vega both have excellent defenses.  La Vega and Liberty-Eylau  have tons of team speed and athleticism.   Argyle has faired very competitively against teams with these qualities.  Paris brings a very good combination of speed, athleticism, and good defense to Argyle this Friday night.  They also have a very good QB that can run and throw it accurately.  Argyle will play their standard defense before making any adjustments needed against the Paris offensive scheme.  It will be a fun game to watch and interesting to see what Argyle does to counter the Wildcats on both sides of the ball.

You left out Liberty Eylau in your equation...js😜

Appears to me from looking at filmclips from the Recaps that #2 QB Kobe Savage(6'0-178, Sr.) and #6 RB Do'rian Williams(6'0-175, Jr.)comprise the 1-2 punch of the Wildcat offense.  Both players are very dangerous carrying the ball and both players have elite speed.  I noticed that Savage is also very very quick with his feet and with his delivery of the ball on the pass.......that means his vision and decision-making abilities are highly honed skills on the football field.  The Wildcats #53 C Wesley Tidwell(6'2-241, Jr) and #71 TE Andrew Murphy(6'0-205, Sr.) look to be their best O-linemen........but the whole team blocks better than any other team Argyle has faced this season.  Even Savage blocks and leads the play on tosses and handoffs to his backs #6 Williams and #8 SB Jadarius Dillard, Sr.  I noticed that #6 Williams likes to take the ball on the toss and then cut back at an angle against the flow most of the time.....whereas #8 Dillard usually uses his speed to make the corner either around or thru traffic going with the flow.  QB Savage is all over the place with his moves.......very quick feet, very quick decisions........just a natural.......he's very very dangerous when he has the ball. But he's the QB and makes this offense dynamic.  If the D keys on him......he's got plenty of options to dish the ball around to his backs and receivers......he's the one that makes it all work so smoothly and effectively.  The Wildcats offense is very impressive to watch in action.

I can see where it would be difficult for any defense without quickness and speed to contain this Wildcat offense.  Argyle will need to "stay home" and not overpursue against this offense, and to use their speed and quickness to keep Savage and Williams contained as much as possible.  I will guess that the Argyle coaches will want to stop the run first, then force the Wildcats to throw the ball more than they want......and take their chances in the secondary coverage. Argyle does have a very good secondary.  I'm fairly certain Argyle will put a spy on QB Savage......usually a LB like last season's All State 4A Defensive Player of the Year Chase Petter #25.  You'll see this number making plays all night long.  He's very active and it will be difficult to get blocks on him.

2 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Appears to me from looking at filmclips from the Recaps that #2 QB Kobe Savage(6'0-178, Sr.) and #6 RB Do'rian Williams(6'0-175, Jr.)comprise the 1-2 punch of the Wildcat offense.  Both players are very dangerous carrying the ball and both players have elite speed.  I noticed that Savage is also very very quick with his feet and with his delivery of the ball on the pass.......that means his vision and decision-making abilities are highly honed skills on the football field.  The Wildcats #53 C Wesley Tidwell(6'2-241, Jr) and #71 TE Andrew Murphy(6'0-205, Sr.) look to be their best O-linemen........but the whole team blocks better than any other team Argyle has faced this season.  Even Savage blocks and leads the play on tosses and handoffs to his backs #6 Williams and #8 SB Jadarius Dillard, Sr.  I noticed that #6 Williams likes to take the ball on the toss and then cut back at an angle against the flow most of the time.....whereas #8 Dillard usually uses his speed to make the corner either around or thru traffic going with the flow.  QB Savage is all over the place with his moves.......very quick feet, very quick decisions........just a natural.......he's very very dangerous when he has the ball. But he's the QB and makes this offense dynamic.  If the D keys on him......he's got plenty of options to dish the ball around to his backs and receivers......he's the one that makes it all work so smoothly and effectively.  The Wildcats offense is very impressive to watch in action.

You didn't mention #22 Zack Jackson (a soph) who had 3 long TD runs last week vs. Celina.  He wasn't part of the mix early in the year but is being used extensively since district began as part of a 3-headed running threat (Jackson at FB, Williams at RB, Dillard at WB).  He doesn't have Williams' speed, but he's quick to find seams and tough to catch once he gets going in the open field.  Like I've said previously, it reminds me of PG's offense and their ability to hit quickly all along the line of scrimmage.  You've got to have a quick-reacting defense with everyone being responsible for their individual assignments (which Argyle does).  It's a juicy matchup.

I noticed #22 in the backfield on most of the filmclips, but he was usually the leading blocker from what I saw.  He's got some size and speed.....looks "rangy" with long legs and good athleticism.  Wasn't sure whether he was mainly back there for his speed to lead the way on blocks.....or what?  I kinda figured they would give him the ball on at least some of the plays.

After reviewing this Paris attack......I'm gonna say that this Wildcat offense is even more dynamic than LV's offense.  Argyle had to score with 22 secs. left to win that one.  That one was played in the rain and wet conditions also......with a looong lightning delay before play even started.  It was wet and wild, but full of action......this one will be similar.

Not sure whether Paris has the better defense, or LV does.  Stephenville was definitely better against the run, but not the pass. Paris looks good against the pass, but filmclips of other lesser teams can be deceiving.  Hogeboom can burn ya......he's very accurate and has excellent receivers to go up and get the ball.  He will deliver the ball on time and quickly if he has time, but does not have the vision and quickness that Savage displays. Savage can elude tacklers.......keep his eyes downfield and make an accurate throw on the run.....or just tuck it and keep running in the open field.  He's very dangerous when he's pressured.

The one thing Paris can't allow to happen is to get behind early.  Paris rallied from 16 down vs. Melissa, but Argyle is a different animal when they smell blood and it will be hard to get a passing attack going when Argyle is expecting it.

The Paris defense has to get pressure on Hogeboom.