Week 8: Alto Yellowjackets (4-2 | 1-0) @ Carlisle Indians (6-0 | 1-0) - THURSDAY, 10/18/18 @ 7:00 p.m. - GAME CHANGE!

StingEmALTO

District 10-2A: Alto @ Carlisle   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Big battle! Who stays undefeated in district?

• Alto
    • Carlisle

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/20/2018 at 12:30 AM

15 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Believe it or not, the field is in very good condition, only one jh game has been played on it in three weeks and we practice up on the practice field up the hill. Thursday night I inspected it and it was good to go, mowed low and looks like a fast track to be honest.. Lol 

Forecast looking like rain for Friday (60% chance | High 66 | Low 56)! Wouldn’t surprise me one bit. It’s been the norm for us this season! Might be a mud bog before the end of the night. 🌧💦☔

Of course, this being Texas, it could be 95 and dry 5 days from now!! 😂 

15 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Guy beside me had it streaming I guess? Trying to watch our offense blitzkrieg Cush and listen to them stepping off yardage against yall had me freeking scratching my head. Kept thinking I'd lean over and hear that yall had started beating the brakes off them and it never got into a rythem for the jackets. Yall need to stop with the penalties and get your O into the flow. Yes sir, I want us to beat yall but I want to beat the best yellow jackets team ya can field, and if we fall, I want it to be with Alto at 100 and coming straight at us. No excuses and no question marks... Just straight up beatdown football at it's finest.. This is Coach Bakers freshman year as head coach and this is a scalp he wants to hang on his wall and rightfully so as Alto is always considered to be one of the finest programs around. I'm also sure coach Meeks is looking to add to his bone pile.. Yeah this is gonna be some good stuff and as always nothing but respek for the yellow jackets. Chain... 

Agreed. I want our best vs. your best. Hoping we find our offensive rhythm and eliminate penalties and turnovers. Defense has been scrappy. I expect a battle royale from the first whistle!

Think I’ve said it in another thread, but it’s no easy task to go into Price and come out with a W. 

Just looking at stats I’ve seen from different games, Alto has averaged almost 10 Yards a carry against just about everyone. They seem to be their own biggest enemy at times. If they are able to put drives together against Carlisle and force Turner and Co. to play more defense than offense then that has to be a good thing. 

Soph. High will probably be the best RB they’ve seen to date. Thacker will probably be the best Mack Truck they’ve seen to date. We all know Carlisle will hit you and rally to the football. Setting up to have the possibility for being an absolute gem of a game.

Gonna see a good one Friday, thinking the turner brothers will be a little different than what yall have seen also, Gerald is gonna be hard to run down on the edge and Jamian is crazy fast in the open field.. Jay will catch a few up field and will come back to Gerald to help him out.. Will be interesting to see how your corners handle them? 

5 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

If she likes bands, tell her the halftime show will be worth coming!! I promise she will not be disappointed.....and probably SURPRISED! Lol

Oh she's likes bands and has seen both but... she loves good football more than the bands! I married up!

38 minutes ago, knothead58 said:

Oh she's likes bands and has seen both but... she loves good football more than the bands! I married up!

Good for you!!! Then she should be a go for sure because this Friday night will be about as good as it gets in small town TX HS football!

• Like 1

Watched a few highlights today and by chance does QB Turner have prior engagements for Friday night???? Cause that kid is an ATHLETE....got y'all a good one Carlisle.....he's going to be tough to slow down for Alto....I am sure the coaches are game planning and been since Friday.....it's only Monday geeeeze

I picked Indians but besides Troup I would say Carlisle really hasn’t seen any competition thus far. Talent level on Alto is a major step up but can the Jackets play a clean game and can the Indians adjust to increase of game speed against better players..... Oughta be a heckuva game

47 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

I figure this thread will draw more posters later on in the week. They will be coming out of the woodwork.

Not really much left to say. Carlisle is undefeated. This game most likely determines District Champs. Both will still make the playoffs. Athletes on both teams. Alto is capable and neither team is gonna lay down. That’s about it.

16 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Not really much left to say. Carlisle is undefeated. This game most likely determines District Champs. Both will still make the playoffs. Athletes on both teams. Alto is capable and neither team is gonna lay down. That’s about it.

Oh heck no, this is champ style material.. And Errbody has an opinion and they will voice it before Friday.. Lol 

Not that I’m from either place, but as an outsider looking in, there isn’t a ton of trash to talk. Carlisle is very good. They expect to win, but understand that Alto can present some major problems. Alto realizes Turner and Co. are special. Also probably think if they fix themselves, they can beat anybody in the region. Two A+ programs who have some good recent history with mutual respect for each other. Should be a fantastic small school ball game. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Not that I’m from either place, but as an outsider looking in, there isn’t a ton of trash to talk. Carlisle is very good. They expect to win, but understand that Alto can present some major problems. Alto realizes Turner and Co. are special. Also probably think if they fix themselves, they can beat anybody in the region. Two A+ programs who have some good recent history with mutual respect for each other. Should be a fantastic small school ball game. 

Yeah, that's about correct, and 100 on the respek.. Chain out.. 

• StingEmALTO changed the title to Week 8: Alto Yellowjackets (4-2 | 1-0) @ Carlisle Indians (6-0 | 1-0) - THURSDAY, 10/18/18 @ 7:00 p.m. - GAME CHANGE!