Joaquin Rams (5-1, 1-1) at Timpson Bears (2-5, 1-2)

trueblue82

The Joaquin Rams travel all the way over to Timpson to take on the Bears at John Herbert Aekin Stadium Friday night. This will be the first time since 2015 that these teams have met. I believe the overall series is pretty close, but in games played this century, the Rams are 6-0, with every one being a blowout. The Rams are coming off of a hard fought 35-28 win over Linden-Kildare, while the Bears were defeated 41-18 by arch-rival Garrison. The Rams are 1-0 vs. Shelby County teams so far this season. 

36 minutes ago, BossDawg55 said:

Timpson finds a way to win this one!!  Maybe the refs help them out and maybe they are just due a big win.  Joaquin couldn’t tackle Garrison back and Timpsons back is a beast also.  

Garrison has a balanced offense that keeps you from zeroing in on the RB. Timpson, not so much. We were told that LK’s RB was better than anyone we had, and as a team they rushed for 51 yards. The difference in this game will be the same as the reason Timpson won’t make the playoffs. The battle in the trenches. Their linemen are not physical enough to withstand 4 quarters against good, well-coached linemen. I say the Rams lead by 14 at the half, then pull away in the third quarter and win by 30+. 

I fear that this will be a pretty dull week, what with no Timpson fans to spar with. I like playing them better when they’re winning and have a nice contingent of bandwagon riders. It makes things more fun around here. Speaking of missing fans, who does LK play this week? 

22 hours ago, Foozball said:

I think it will be a surprisingly close first half. Timpson and Garrison had a close first 18 minutes of play and I expect no different in this matchup. I think Joaquin will pull away in the 2nd half though. 49-21 Joaquin is my prediction.

The only reason it was a close first quarter was terrible officiating ... This game should not be close ... Joe by 21+ ...

12 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I fear that this will be a pretty dull week, what with no Timpson fans to spar with. I like playing them better when they’re winning and have a nice contingent of bandwagon riders. It makes things more fun around here. Speaking of missing fans, who does LK play this week? 

LK has a bye this week, then Timpson. 

Timpson has a nice qb. Timpson has a nice RB. Neither one has much help where it’s needed (wr or o-line). Timpson has a real good LB, but that ain’t enough to stop joaquin on O. Thinking this one will either be a blowout in favor of joaquin or a high scoring close game. Just don’t see Timpson getting enough stops to get a W unless joaquin has a bad turnover night. 

5 hours ago, Greezychef said:

I wonder if Joaquin coaches refer to Coach Therwanger as The CEO?  Seems like he owns Joaquin. 

Actually, the only time Therwanger has faced the Rams was in ‘06 and ‘07, both Joaquin wins. He was already in Timpson for the ‘16 games, and Lowery has taken over in LL. But, nice try, interloper. 

1 hour ago, Greezychef said:

Yeah well....I see.

No, you don’t see. Your Teddy Bears have played the Rams 6 times in this century. 3 of those have seen a running clock in the fourth quarter. None have been competitive. I checked with Wildlife and Fisheries. The bear season in Shelby County is very short. It is only open from 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm on a 52x120 yard lot on the Timpson ISD campus. There is no limit, and our kids have been told they taste like chicken. 

• LOL! 2

12 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

No, you don’t see. Your Teddy Bears have played the Rams 6 times in this century. 3 of those have seen a running clock in the fourth quarter. None have been competitive. I checked with Wildlife and Fisheries. The bear season in Shelby County is very short. It is only open from 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm on a 52x120 yard lot on the Timpson ISD campus. There is no limit, and our kids have been told they taste like chicken. 

Little salty tho.. Js