1. 1. Who you got?

• Jax by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • Jax in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Jacksonville held to 59 total yards. 

3 yards rushing. 

56 passing. 

They had more yards given to them by Marshall penalty than they had in offense. 

Mav offense stunk it up tonight.  Lackluster performance. Defense showed out. 

Losing JJ next week will hurt. 

38 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Jacksonville held to 59 total yards. 

3 yards rushing. 

56 passing. 

They had more yards given to them by Marshall penalty than they had in offense. 

Mav offense stunk it up tonight.  Lackluster performance. Defense showed out. 

Losing JJ next week will hurt. 

I don't think I ever seen a line like that😲

This was the most lopsided game I've ever been to and ive played watched and coached a ton. We gave up. How does that turn men into boys?  We ran the same play for 2.5 quarters.  Don't get me wrong Mavs are a great team. Just disappointed the way we showed up but it's been said that we are in good hands.

22 minutes ago, Cat51993 said:

This was the most lopsided game I've ever been to and ive played watched and coached a ton. We gave up. How does that turn men into boys?  We ran the same play for 2.5 quarters.  Don't get me wrong Mavs are a great team. Just disappointed the way we showed up but it's been said that we are in good hands.

Need a coaching change it seems

Glad it's over.  It was one of the most miserable games I've sat through in a long, long time.

------- 

I hate there was a feeling from some in Jax that thought we were "dirty".  We play hard and hustle.  But dirty?  Meh....guess it's perspective.  

We were guilty of being baited into some stupid penalties.

And as far as the mouthiness..... I guess some of our guys were getting tired of hearing racial epitaphs being hurled at them.

meh.

Hate it came to that for some.

Not going to dwell on it.  Move on to Nac.

Good luck to Jville the rest of the way. 

• Like 1

Imo Marshall has the athleticism to make a long run in the playoffs. In the 1 game I watched in the 2018 flood last night  the coach lacks control.  2 of the Mavs defensive players showed their tails early. Coach couldn't even get them to the sideline. Athletes everywhere for Mavericks get all players under control watch out. Not saying anything negative against marshall at all. Just my observation from a rain altered view.

MavChamp, I was on the field. In pregame, Mav coaches watched as their players walked up to Jax warming up and Cursed and taunted them. Was right there, I had to turn my mic off. Targeting wasn’t called on # 5 and then he celebrates as Jax kid is down. Disgraceful. 

Marshall’s lack of discipline will be their downfall, yes. So many great athletes. So sad to see the way their coaches allowed their players to do all that stuff. Just play. 

Looks like it’s encouraged.

In a game already decided you leave your QB In there at the end....and he shows his tail and gets ejected. That’s what I mean... poor decisions. 

Marshall's pre game ritual is no different from what you see from all the big programs on Saturday afternoon(a Michigan player literally tried to dig out States' logo pregame today) , get over it!! How do you explain the J'Ville coach that use to work at Marshall taunting Marshall's players for four quarters??? He should be more disciplined!! 

Uhhhh, I don’t mind posing and preening. It’s when they are cursing MF this and MF that... I will never get over that, sorry, it’s just low class.

JAX had NO backup QB. McCuin is other QB and was out for game with injury from last week. JV QB broke his collarbone against PT last week, so JAX Backup was #3 a WR emergency.... but he was targeted helmet to helmet plain as day and injured. Watch the highlights. 5 should have been ejected and if you want to go by Saturday afternoons, replay would have ejected him for sure. 

I glad we played in the rain last night. There was not enough lights in marshall to fill up the scoreboard if it had been dry. Maybe if we used all the ones from downtime Christmas maybe. I don't care about the talk and pregame if you've played it part of football. I just think you could have something special with a little more control.

I played what does that matter?  Know what trash talking us — I referreed college basketball for 10 years. I know what trash talking is. I don’t mind expression but there is something about “F u N-word” that is beyond the pale. 

Cant we be better than that? If JAX did that too, I would say the same thing to them. 

Marshall is so talented .. but that stuff will get them beat in playoffs, trust me, the next referee crew might not be so deaf. 

5 hours ago, Cat51993 said:

I agree,  its the coaching

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

I played what does that matter?  Know what trash talking us — I referreed college basketball for 10 years. I know what trash talking is. I don’t mind expression but there is something about “F u N-word” that is beyond the pale. 

Cant we be better than that? If JAX did that too, I would say the same thing to them. 

Marshall is so talented .. but that stuff will get them beat in playoffs, trust me, the next referee crew might not be so deaf. 

Jville was talking also we just didn't have much to say. Don't act like we are above showing our tails. I've been around and have coached a lot of the kids on the field. A lot of great kids that know the mf and other words also.