Jax Vs Marshall  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Jax by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • Jax in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

Marshall is so talented .. but that stuff will get them beat in playoffs, trust me, the next referee crew might not be so deaf. 

Precisely.

The most talented group in the district. Will make for another disappointing end to the season. Personally I believe you win playoff games January to August teaching mental toughness. Really sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxsportseasttexas said:

pregame

1 hour ago, foxsportseasttexas said:

Marshall's pre game ritual is no different from what you see from all the big programs on Saturday afternoon(a Michigan player literally tried to dig out States' logo pregame today) , get over it!! How do you explain the J'Ville coach that use to work at Marshall taunting Marshall's players for four quarters??? He should be more disciplined!! 

So you are saying, what the Michigan player did in the middle of the field, is OK?  

22 minutes ago, Cat51993 said:

Matt please give me your opinion on the Indians performance last night?  I know it rained and  deshawn didn't play.

We were short handed but that isn’t why we lost. Marshall is dang good. We played better against Carthage, who beat Marshall. When you have one healthy QB, that limits your package. Both teams missed opps on deep balls. Marshall dropped 2 TDs. We got by them 4 times and the rain affected the throw or we score some. We didn’t run the ball well at all but that because of Marshall’s talent. When you can’t throw in the rain you better be able to run. We didn’t. 

Defense played well. On the field way too long because offense was stymied. They scored 16 points off special teams and a pick for a short field. Defense was solid. 

Clearly, we must respond better and not lose our composure when the other team gets in our head. We’ve been so disciplined this year not doing that... last night, we let what they were doing affect us. 

We will be ok. Get DeShawn and Aaron back, we will be fine for a push in these last 3 games. 

22 minutes ago, country said:

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

Marshall is so talented .. but that stuff will get them beat in playoffs, trust me, the next referee crew might not be so deaf. 

Precisely.

The most talented group in the district. Will make for another disappointing end to the season. Personally I believe you win playoff games January to August teaching mental toughness. Really sad.

What he said. 

36 minutes ago, Matt said:

We were short handed but that isn’t why we lost. Marshall is dang good. We played better against Carthage, who beat Marshall. When you have one healthy QB, that limits your package. Both teams missed opps on deep balls. Marshall dropped 2 TDs. We got by them 4 times and the rain affected the throw or we score some. We didn’t run the ball well at all but that because of Marshall’s talent. When you can’t throw in the rain you better be able to run. We didn’t. 

Defense played well. On the field way too long because offense was stymied. They scored 16 points off special teams and a pick for a short field. Defense was solid. 

Clearly, we must respond better and not lose our composure when the other team gets in our head. We’ve been so disciplined this year not doing that... last night, we let what they were doing affect us. 

We will be ok. Get DeShawn and Aaron back, we will be fine for a push in these last 3 games. 

Its Colemans 4th yr at Jax,  his teams have been mediocre at best,  unacceptable

Not condoning the F word if it was used by Marshall players.  That’s unacceptable.  

But apprently thre N word is held in high regard for Jville.  Apprently was used throughout. 

And I’m white.  Was told it started early and continued all night.  Also ignored by the refs. 

Bottom line. All this he said, he said stuff is garbage. 

I thought both teams did things to be embarrassed about. 

To spin it all off on Marshall is absolutely ridiculous.  

I could rant about the antics of the Jville coaching staff last night  but I didn’t  

Jville coach was on the field more than his offense  was.  

Saddens me that people have a sour taste about this game.   Shouldn’t be that way.  

Was proud of all the die hards that stayed till the end for both sides  

Was a tough, hard hitting game. 

Pity it will be remembered this way.  

Again.... good luck to Jacksonville the rest of the way.

17 hours ago, Matt said:

MavChamp, I was on the field. In pregame, Mav coaches watched as their players walked up to Jax warming up and Cursed and taunted them. Was right there, I had to turn my mic off. Targeting wasn’t called on # 5 and then he celebrates as Jax kid is down. Disgraceful. 

Marshall’s lack of discipline will be their downfall, yes. So many great athletes. So sad to see the way their coaches allowed their players to do all that stuff. Just play. 

Looks like it’s encouraged.

In a game already decided you leave your QB In there at the end....and he shows his tail and gets ejected. That’s what I mean... poor decisions. 

49 minutes ago, foxsportseasttexas said:

How do you justify Paul Sharr's behavior? 

I am not justifying anything. What I saw was JAX’s coaches taking up for their players because the officiating crew lost control of the game, I’m sorry, that’s just a fact. Did you not see that?

The crew tried to reign it in in the 4th quarter ....too late.

Again, Marshall was clearly the better team, the Officials did not beat Jacksonville. I’m sorry, I did not see what you saw. I was right there and I saw frustration and anger among the coaches as it got out of control. 

34 minutes ago, Cat51993 said:

My 2 cents marshall is a lot better than us. 

I do not have child playing. We didn't come ready play and it showed. I saw both school act fools. Good luck to the Mavs.

I think that is what Mavchamp was saying but Matt thinks it was all Mavericks. Some people have rose colored glasses. 

Jacksonville players and coaches were not angels nor victims in this game. 

They were just as much a part of the problem as Matt states Marshall was. 

I guess the location he had only saw Marshall’s gaffes. 

But Jacksonville was bowing up, trash talking, and instigating too. 

That’s an equal fact. 

5 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Jacksonville players and coaches were not angels nor victims in this game. 

They were just as much a part of the problem as Matt states Marshall was. 

I guess the location he had only saw Marshall’s gaffes. 

But Jacksonville was bowing up, trash talking, and instigating too. 

That’s an equal fact. 

Dont dout it

27 minutes ago, MarMav said:

I think that is what Mavchamp was saying but Matt thinks it was all Mavericks. Some people have rose colored glasses. 

LOL!! Nooooo, kids are kids and JAX is no different. No rose colored glasses here. Look, I was on the field at 6:20. I also know what I saw and heard. Where were you sitting? I was at mid field pregame standing next to the Marshall players cursing and taunting. I’ve seen JAX players act badly... yes.... but not then. No. Marshall set the tone, trust me. 

None of this happened in our first 6 games. Hmmmm.

Any of you that think that pregame deal was appropriate, I disagree with you. And that’s OK. 

But please don’t justify what Marshall did by saying JAX was doing that too.... or that’s what teams do... or that’s part of the game, or Matt is seeing it was all Marshall, etc... I heard, I saw, and I know JAX kids aren’t perfect. 

If all of you on here thinks all that stuff is “part of the game”, I disagree. I’ve seen too many teams win championships with class so it can still be done. 

Good luck to the Mavericks, you’re a good team, hope you go far.